Russian Tourist Found Dead In South Pattaya Hotel Room

Rimmer

Why would someone go on holiday to Thailand and spend their entire time in their hotel room drinking by themselves.

an alcoholic trying to get away fro

Are you completely out in left field?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

and speculation is just speculation

m his wife

Apologies for any posts here that might have offended you.

But is there any information on this that you can provide to help members here to understand what might have happened?

Just remember reading for just a few days ago that an american and an englishman were found in a apartment sitting in a sofa in front of the TV, no visable sign of struggle but both were dead and were found sitting in their own vomiting.

Is this a trend nowadays between falang down in Pattaya, to die this way? Somebody still think this is suicide or drinking themselfs to death??? Wake up guys.. Either it is drogs, food-poisining or just plain murder.....

This is my belief..

glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

why would someone from Russia come to Thailand on holiday and only eat Russian food.

No different than someone from American coming to Thailand and looking for McDonalds or Pizza, or a Brit coming to Thailand and wanting to drink in an "English" pub along with his own country men....yes very sad

I didn't know that the "How you have to spend your holiday" police read Thai Visa. Good to know someone is making sure we follow the rules.

Why would someone go on holiday to Thailand and spend their entire time in their hotel room drinking by themselves.

Because they are a hopeless alcoholic, I'd guess.

Ever hear of a panic disorder called agoraphobia? Look it up.

So if we hear something similar happening to you we can just say: Oh well, and another one bites the dust.

Just remember reading for just a few days ago that an american and an englishman were found in a apartment sitting in a sofa in front of the TV, no visable sign of struggle but both were dead and were found sitting in their own vomiting.

Is this a trend nowadays between falang down in Pattaya, to die this way? Somebody still think this is suicide or drinking themselfs to death??? Wake up guys.. Either it is drogs, food-poisining or just plain murder.....

This is my belief..

glegolo

Mine as well.

An obvious answer to a silly question.

This is my belief..

glegolo

The American and Englishman who were found dead were living in Bangkok not Pattaya. But hey, any excuse to show your prejudice and ignorance. Many chronic alcoholics die in this fashion, to suggest this is not the case is just plain wrong. As for the murder theory, some people really should stop watching trash tv programmes and get out more. BTW, how long have you been a forensic scientist glegolo?

Um, how about blood? We did have a case here where a guy died in his hotel room drinking - drank himself to death. Vomiting, yes. Blood? All over the room, found in different spots? No way the guy managed to cut himself (if he did, was there a blood-stained knife? any evidence at all?) So... there was definitely a third party. The question remains - what's behind the official version of the events?

its called an ulcer, the blood and vomit come from the same place.

my god, here we go again

Ever hear of a panic disorder called agoraphobia? Look it up.

and how would an agoraphobic manage to make it out to buy alcohol daily let alone fly to Thailand?

i checked, google doesn't have the answer to that one.

Everyone is overlooking the Rx found in his room. Some related to drinking problems. I know there are drugs designed to make you very VERY sick if you intake alcohol as a way of getting someone to stop the alcohol intake. Kind of a defensive reaction to drinking. The Russians (some) take drinking to a new level compared to what many would think of "normal" drinking and this poor guy might have been his own victim.

Maybe he was not on holiday and possibly did not want to show his face outside - or - maybe he self induced his own demise. Sad to think that at what should be a good age of 46 that this should occur. It does seem Pattaya is a magnet for this kind of stuff.

There could have been a sequence of events either here or in his home country that led to this - or maybe after years of this his time was just up.

I also see (top right) what appears to be xanax in the photo. Could have just been a bad interaction /combination of drugs and alcohol.

This is my belief..

glegolo

The American and Englishman who were found dead were living in Bangkok not Pattaya. But hey, any excuse to show your prejudice and ignorance. Many chronic alcoholics die in this fashion, to suggest this is not the case is just plain wrong. As for the murder theory, some people really should stop watching trash tv programmes and get out more. BTW, how long have you been a forensic scientist glegolo?

So how my comment could bring your goodself to life is really fantastic. And you woke up angry as well. I do not see you contribute with anything else than mean words. So why.. you are not happy with your life or what.... So I suggest that you shall be back whenever you have some evidence to back up your mean comments.

Good night,, be nice now, you never know when you have to stand up and answer to your actions..

glegolo

• Like 1

Excessive Drinking: Vomiting of blood usually occurs when someone has consumed excessive alcohol.The acids contained in these alcohols are corrosive in nature and can cause irritation in the gastrointestinal tract. The bleeding can occur either due to excessive coughing or throwing up

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.co...r-drinking.html

That isn't helpful. The Russian alcoholic drinks vodka. That's neutral. Pepsi is very acidic, 2.5, and would rather cause irritation than vodka, and blood in vomit according to this theory. Alcohol poisoning kills by respiratory failure, and some lapse into coma. This guy didn't die from inhaled vomit while unconscious, but spread his blood all over the place. Maybe he suffered from something unrelated, and didn't vomit, but coughed blood. Maybe he stayed in his room because he was too ill to go out, and didn't have the funds for a hospital visit.

Everyone is overlooking the Rx found in his room. Some related to drinking problems. I know there are drugs designed to make you very VERY sick if you intake alcohol as a way of getting someone to stop the alcohol intake. Kind of a defensive reaction to drinking. The Russians (some) take drinking to a new level compared to what many would think of "normal" drinking and this poor guy might have been his own victim.

Maybe he was not on holiday and possibly did not want to show his face outside - or - maybe he self induced his own demise. Sad to think that at what should be a good age of 46 that this should occur. It does seem Pattaya is a magnet for this kind of stuff.

There could have been a sequence of events either here or in his home country that led to this - or maybe after years of this his time was just up.

I also see (top right) what appears to be xanax in the photo. Could have just been a bad interaction /combination of drugs and alcohol.

it is a blister pack, how do you get xanax, the photo is so low res it could be anything.

I feel sorry for the poor Pattaya maids. I do not want to think about the messes that they have to deal with on a more or less routine basis.

I stayed briefly during the floods in 2010, as someone had mentioned to me that if BKK flooded, the only way to get to Suvarnabhumi would be over the expressway from Pattaya. I was in a bit of a state of mind at the time after having a good few days drinking with friends in Khon Kaen, so did not question the stance.

What I found was a terrifically priced hotel, and the nicest staff around. They were a little puzzled when all I wanted to do was find good southern and Isaan foods, and came home alone, they actually asked me if I did like girls which was amusing. Discovered a really nice food hall, not many foreigners at all with the best Gaeng Som I have had outside of the far south.

I tipped the cleaners, and felt a little embarrassed that I slept in one or two days and the staff could not get in until after lunch. But they did not seem to mind.. the maids and check in staff I encountered seemed very patient in dealing with some of the *interesting* guests I came across during my week stay.

I thought maids only clean during the day usually? Haven't seen any still around by 8pm before.

When I stayed there, in that particular city (probably due to how things work there being little to do during the day, and mostly all night activities), the maids would typically start at around 10-11am, and leave quite late. I was also staying a good thwos distance from the extreme night spots (e.g. walking street, where the go go bars are centered), so I guess that some places the cleaning staff could start, and finish, much later.

You are right, it isn't normal to have maids working at 8pm. But Pattaya isn't a city for normal people to do what most of society would deem "normal" things. But the Outlaws Motorcycle club will tell you its okay, as long as you are at Nana Plaza in one of their bars.

I feel sorry for the poor Pattaya maids. I do not want to think about the messes that they have to deal with on a more or less routine basis.

Talk about an extreme exaggeration. The way you're talking you'd think any maid will be cleaning up after corpses on a daily basis. There's a lot of maids and hotels here. Only a very few would be unlucky enough to have such messes to clean up. Even if they do, they're a lot tougher than most Westernized "softies" when it comes to these sort of things.

Maybe this will shock you, but I once worked in a hotel and had to clean up after a very messy room death - the shocking part - it wasn't even in Thailand.

After reading this entire thread, it appears CSI have opened a branch in Pattaya..whistling.gif ......could I humbly suggest you tie up with your collegues in the "News" thread and you can impressive everyone with you deductive reasoning and in depth medical examiner, toxicology expertise...thumbsup.gif

"or a Brit coming to Thailand and wanting to drink in an "English" pub along with his own country men".........Could not possibly think of a worse place to be in Thailand, or any country for that matter, than a bar full of Poms whinging about Thailand and talking about how good it is "back 'ome"

and whingling about how the natives are ripping them off....thumbsup.gif

An obvious answer to a silly question.

Maybe it's an obvious answer but it's not a silly question. He could quite easily drink himself to death at home in Russia without going through the hassle of applying for a new passport and spending money on accommodation and a flight to another country just to spend it in his hotel room. This is assuming the hotel staff are correct in what they say about him only leaving the room to re-stock although i guess they didn't have him under 24 hour surveillance so who knows.

"or a Brit coming to Thailand and wanting to drink in an "English" pub along with his own country men".........Could not possibly think of a worse place to be in Thailand, or any country for that matter, than a bar full of Poms whinging about Thailand and talking about how good it is "back 'ome"

I certainly could and it would involve a room full of self important ignorant antipodeans .

• Like 1

Talk about an extreme exaggeration. The way you're talking you'd think any maid will be cleaning up after corpses on a daily basis. There's a lot of maids and hotels here. Only a very few would be unlucky enough to have such messes to clean up. Even if they do, they're a lot tougher than most Westernized "softies" when it comes to these sort of things.

Maybe this will shock you, but I once worked in a hotel and had to clean up after a very messy room death - the shocking part - it wasn't even in Thailand.

i think he was speaking more in terms of the feces, urine, blood and semen they must encounter in the course of the 'normal' work week.

I suspect a corpse would be a little more unusual.

I was not referring to finding corpses on a routine basis. I was referring to the range of differing messes left from all the variations of the "party" that many come to Pattaya to find.

Thanks Tinfoilhat. I did not see your post when I wrote this.

Edited by Pacificperson