Back To Back (Almost) Tourist Visas From Singapore

Hi all

Background:

• I am a UK citizen
  • I have lived and worked in Singapore for 10 years
  • I am Singapore Permanent Resident
  • I had no problems getting a 60 day tourist visa in Singapore

Current situation:

• I am currently 2 months into my 3 month (60 day plus 30 day extension) tourist visa. Having a blast touring around and not doing any work for the first time in years.
  • I need to go back to Singapore early January to do a little work...maybe for a week or so.
  • I then want to come back on another 60 day tourist visa and do some more travelling. (Or a standard 30 day visa on arrival if the 60 day might be a problem)

Does anyone foresee any problem with doing this (almost) back to back from Singapore?

Did there not used to be some rules about spending a maximum number of days in any 6 month period or something??

Thanks for any advice

Being a SG resident, you may be ok. Generally, this particular consulate has a really bad history with repeat tourist visas. I have heard that they refuse back-to-back tourist visas, but have not seen it myself.

I did hear personally from a vice-consul in charge of the visa section there that they will not issue more than 2 tourist visas in a 12 month period. That was a while back though.

In your situation, as I said, my best guess is that they'll let you have it with only minor harassment.

There has never been any rule on number of days allowed on tourist visas but there was a rule for visa exempt stay that was rescinded several years ago when they made land entry only 15 days.

That is the restriction I was thinking of. I could not remember the exact terminology and detail....thanks.

I am actually getting all my paperwork and letters lined up for the 12 month non-imm B visa....I just don't want to do have to do that at the same time of year as Christmas/New Year.

(And thanks to fstarbkk as well for the reply)