Mother Offers Bt50K Reward For Missing Phuket Expat Brett Bean

webfact

Mother offers B50k reward for missing Phuket expat Brett Bean

Phuket Gazette

m1.jpeg

Lynne Bean holds up posters of her missing son Brett Bean, 43, last seen in Phuket on November 25. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

m2.jpeg

In the appeal for finding Brett Bean, investigators pointed out that he may have shaved off his beard. Photo: US Embassy handout

PHUKET: -- The mother of an American ski instructor, who was last seen in Phuket, has offered a 50,000-baht reward to find her son.

Speaking at Karon Police Station today, 69-year-old Lynne Bean appealed to the public for any information that would help find Brett Bean, her 43-year-old son who failed to make a flight home to Los Angeles on November 27.

Brett was last seen by a neighbor in Karon, on Phuket’s southwest coast, on November 25.

Brett is 6 foot 2 inches tall and has a tattoo on his right thigh and another on his left forearm.

He arrived in Phuket in April and was scheduled to fly from Phuket to Bangkok on November 27, and arrive in California shortly thereafter, said Ms Bean.

Brett works as a ski instructor in Colorado in the winter, but stays in Phuket to surf during the summer, she explained.

“I was waiting for him at Los Angeles Airport, but couldn’t see him. I went back to check with the airport on November 30, but we haven’t been able to find him,” she said.

Ms Bean explained that she received an email from Brett on November 26 clarifying his trip details.

“He told us to pick him up at the airport,” she said.

“We checked with Cathay Pacific Airways and were told that our son bought his ticket from the airlines, but he did not board the plane,” she explained.

“We are offering a 50,000-baht reward in case anyone has information or has seen him. Please call Ms Ananya at 089-646 4191 or Denny Bowman [089-973 3483], who is one of the US Embassy wardens in Phuket,” she said.

Police are currently directing their efforts into finding Mr Bean’s motorbike, a black-and-gray 125cc Honda, which he was last seen riding on November 25.

“The motorbike is about three to four years old, has manual gears and has the Phuket license plate ¡Åµ [Gor Gai, Lor Ling, Dtor Dtao] 443,” Mr Bowman told the Phuket Gazette.

Also missing from Mr Bean’s bungalow were his black and silver motorbike helmet, laptop computer and cell phone.

“We are still tracking where the computer was last used. Mr Bean apparently used to take it to internet cafes and plug it into their networks to use the internet. We will be handing out flyers and checking internet cafes in the area,” Mr Bowman confirmed.

Karon Police Deputy Superintendent Sophon Borirak told the Gazette, “We have distributed among our officers the flyer showing a photo of Mr Bean and a description of his physical appearance.

“If we can establish where Mr Bean was last seen in public, we will try to use CCTV to track his movements to determine his last known whereabouts,” Lt Col Sophon added.

Maj Worapong Prom-in of the Chalong Police told the Gazette that officers found nothing untoward in the bungalow where Mr Bean was staying.

“Everything was in order. There were no signs of a struggle,” said Maj Worapong.

Mr Bean’s surfboard and passport were found in the bungalow, along with his driver’s license, motorbike registration book and his bankbook.

“Everything looked like Mr Bean had just stepped out,” Maj Worapong said.

Police are also looking into an ATM withdrawal reportedly made from Mr Bean's account on December 5. However, investigators have asked the Gazette to refrain from publishing any details of the transaction.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...Bean-19687.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-12-11

Related topic:

US Embassy Ramps Up Search For American Missing In Phuket

http://www.thaivisa....sing-in-phuket/

Hit by 4x4, ends up in a bad way perhaps dead. Driver fearing international repercussions of killing a foreigner and not being able to buy his way out of it loads man and bike onto the back of truck and disposes somewhere out the way.

• Like 1

Hit by 4x4, ends up in a bad way perhaps dead. Driver fearing international repercussions of killing a foreigner and not being able to buy his way out of it loads man and bike onto the back of truck and disposes somewhere out the way.

Kananga - do you have any basis for this conjecture, or is this just your fantasy? If the latter then perhaps you would do better to keep it to yourself, where it belongs.

No need to get so uppity at a fellow human being. Just threw out a possible scenario based on the facts presented.

If Mr Bean is only in Thailand for a part of each year, than who’s name is on his motorbike registration book? Because to own a vehicle in Thailand, the owner is required to be a resident, not a tourist, as a residency certificate would need to be shown on purchase.

Does Mr Bean rent the bungalow in his name or is it owned under a Thai name?

Did he have a Thai girlfriend and who else was he involved with here?

How does Mr Bean support himself while staying in Thailand?

Have his facebook and networking accounts been checked for possible links of those he has associated with?

These are the line of inquiries that his mother should be following.

• Like 1

Kananga - do you have any basis for this conjecture, or is this just your fantasy? If the latter then perhaps you would do better to keep it to yourself, where it belongs.

No need to get so uppity at a fellow human being. Just threw out a possible scenario based on the facts presented.

The Missing Persons family might be reading this forum and one of the first responses is less than conjecture without any consideration for the possible range of desperation and emotion they may be going through at this time.

There could be 1000's of theories out there but to choose one the most extreme without any evidence or indication and then defend it suggests a somewhat cockheadedly insensitive approach of gargantuan proportions....

You might be right, but as asdecas suggests - it is perhaps more morally sound to keep insensitive opinions to yourself.

There are far more extreme theories than the one I presented. One that is entirely plausible considering the lack of road discipline, blatant disregard for the law and complete lack of awareness of doing the right thing that prevails in Thailand. The boy's mother should be following every line of enquiry and pushing the police to follow up every option, including the one I have presented.

50,000 bht.

Is she serious ?

That's nothing.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that kind of money.

If I knew of his whereabouts, I would inform the mother for free.

As would I !

But would Thais ?

And, if it was my son I'd gladly give a million !

Yes, and I believe you are a decent person and would help from your heart, many others would too.

You make some good points.

It`s a sad world when people need financial incentives to help others, but that`s the way it is, unfortunately.

Taking all this into consideration, I would also higher the incentives to raise the chances of finding him if he were my son, even if I had to beg, borrow, steal or sell my soul to the devil to find the money.

Edited by Beetlejuice

50,000 bht.

Is she serious ?

That's nothing.

As would I !

But would Thais ?

And, if it was my son I'd gladly give a million !

Yes, and I believe you are a decent person and would help from your heart, many others would too.

You make some good points.

It`s a sad world when people need financial incentives to help others, but that`s the way it is, unfortunately.

Taking all this into consideration, I would also higher the incentives to raise the chances of finding him if he were my son, even if I had to beg, borrow, steal or sell my soul to the devil to find the money.

Yes BJ it truly is sad.

I feel for the Mom no matter what has happened to her boy.

Even if he's just partying (best case scenario) he should contact his family.

If he's hurt or worse it is truly another sad sad story.

50,000 bht.

Is she serious ?

That's nothing.

likewise here ....it may be all the money the woman has ....i wouldnt take a baht off of her hope all ends well and he is just met some super hot gal and lost all track of time

50,000 bht.

Is she serious ?

That's nothing.

likewise here ....it may be all the money the woman has ....i wouldnt take a baht off of her hope all ends well and he is just met some super hot gal and lost all track of time

If it is all the money that she has I would like her to know personally that there are those of us here as well as in the States that would help her up the ante (sp?).

And yes, I hope that he has.

But call you Mommy for gods sake silly.

She's worried sick.....sad.png

CCTV captures unidentified man using missing American’s bank card in Phuket

Phuket Gazette - Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:26:00 PM

phuket-1-19694gVewDHelfAshtWGTOZQvbWmLMg.jpg

Mrs Bean studies CCTV footage of a man on a motorbike similar to the one used by her missing son. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

phuket-4-19695bKonaCHIwAsbfyPZHVFwVBNoMg.jpg

Photographic evidence from the police has been passed on to Brett's father in hopes that he will be able to positively identify the man. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: The mother of missing American Brett Bean was unable to confirm if images captured by CCTV cameras in Patong and Chalong show her son making ATM transactions after his disappearance in Phuket.

Lynne Bean, who posted a 50,000 baht reward to help find her son was asked to visit Karon Police Station today to try to identify a man who used her son’s ATM card on two occasions.

“We called in Mrs Bean to identify a man caught on CCTV using an ATM in front of a 7-eleven convenience store near Mae Ubon Market in Patong, and a second ATM at the Ha Yaek Chalong branch of the Siam Commercial Bank (SCB),” Karon Police inspector Chana Suttimard told the Phuket Gazette.

Mrs Bean arrived at the station at about 1pm and spent about an hour reviewing video footage and photographs provided by the police.

Lt Col Chana said that Mrs Bean was unsure whether the man caught on the CCTV film was her son or not.

“She said that while the man looks like her son, she could not positively confirm it, as the man in the film wore a motorbike helmet during the transactions,” the police officer said.

Mrs Bean asked police to allow her to send the files to her husband, Wayne, so he could attempt identification.

Col Chana revealed that Brett Bean’s SCB card was used to withdraw 2,000 baht in Patong on November 27. It was used again on December 5, when 1,500 baht was withdrawn from the ATM in Chalong.

“On both occasions the man wore a motorbike helmet with the visor up while making the transactions. After using the ATM in Patong, he entered the 7-eleven but kept his helmet on.

The unidentified man was caught on camera riding a motorbike that resembled the description of Brett Bean’s 125cc Honda. However, CCTV did not capture the number on the plate, Col Chana said.

“We must now wait to see if Mr Brett’s parents can confirm whether or not it is him in the CCTV. In the meantime we will continue to pursue other avenues of inquiry,” he added.