25 Year Old Mother Jumps From 6Th Floor Balcony At Jomtien Condominium

Rimmer

This happens every week! Why are people jumping off balconies in Thailand? bloo** he** get some sense people and give the booze a miss and dont have babies or get seriously involved with bar girls, it just dont work brother and it never will.

My take (and merely my opinion based on what I have read, along with other examples of similar behaviour I have heard about)

Woman says she is going out to meet friends for some food. Will be about 2 hours.

Comes back 7 hours later smashed on Leo.

Boyfriend who has been at home looking after the young baby who may still be breastfeeding is unhappy with mother getting smashed when she said she was just popping out for a bit. Also stessed because baby crying, hungry misses mother etc.

Tells her to sort herself out, she is a mother and needs to be responsible for the child's sake.

All too common Thai reaction of not accepting fault along with intoxicated state kicks in and instead of accepting any blame says she will jump off the balcony to deflect attention away from her own failings.

Boyfriend who by that time was pissed off not only with the drunken staying out but also childish mind games says "go on then I dont care"

Mother then unable to back down due to loss of face as well as having no other tricks up her sleeve to get herself off the hook does it to spite him.

It's like you were there in the room. I would bet dollars to donuts this is very close to how it played out.

• Like 1

Nobody suspects the boyfriend?? No of course not, he's british. If it have been the other way, it would have been suspicious.

Better not to post things like this as it makes you appear a very sad and somewhat disturbed individual.

But he is right.

How so? Please enlighten me

She'll be regretting her actions this morning.

You said it! That's one hangover that's gonna hurt big time.

I don't know why, but no matter how drunk or angry I've ever been, I've never had the urge to jump off a balcony. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Maybe you're not drinking the Thai stuff

My take (and merely my opinion based on what I have read, along with other examples of similar behaviour I have heard about)

Woman says she is going out to meet friends for some food. Will be about 2 hours.

Comes back 7 hours later smashed on Leo.

Boyfriend who has been at home looking after the young baby who may still be breastfeeding is unhappy with mother getting smashed when she said she was just popping out for a bit. Also stessed because baby crying, hungry misses mother etc.

Tells her to sort herself out, she is a mother and needs to be responsible for the child's sake.

All too common Thai reaction of not accepting fault along with intoxicated state kicks in and instead of accepting any blame says she will jump off the balcony to deflect attention away from her own failings.

Boyfriend who by that time was pissed off not only with the drunken staying out but also childish mind games says "go on then I dont care"

Mother then unable to back down due to loss of face as well as having no other tricks up her sleeve to get herself off the hook does it to spite him.

Seems pretty accurate albeit sparse on the amateur psychiatry. I would have added in the Thai's general low EQ as well, as well as a cultural stigma attached to mental illness of any sort, even depression that makes outreach service all but non-existent. I went through post partem depression with my ex twice and I can say from experience, even in grown up countries (supposedly) like the U.S. where I am from, they give the husbands no resources or supplementary documentation to look after their wives, what the symptoms are, and most importantly how deal with a person in such a state. This poor guy man didn't have the tools necessary to cope I'm sure of it. I know I didn't and you can hardly blame a person in that situation for not reacting in a manner such as you described. If that indeed is close to the truth.

I think the reality is most Thai women are not prepared to have children until they are at least 30 years old and have some modicum of self sufficiency in their lives. By then that age they seem mature enough to process what emotions may come and have enough education on women's health issues and modern childbearing literature to know it's not a good idea to drink while pregnant or nursing.

She'll be regretting her actions this morning.

You said it! That's one hangover that's gonna hurt big time.

I don't know why, but no matter how drunk or angry I've ever been, I've never had the urge to jump off a balcony. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Maybe you're not drinking the Thai stuff

Maybe he should try a certain popular energy drink that comes in small cans.

One of the hazards of not learning how to talk things out is acting on emotions. I believe that many a life could have been saved if the parties involved had better communication skills.

Thai females must be the most emotionless cold hearted people when things dont go how they want, not communicating is part of the manipulation process, life is cheap to them so long as its not part of their immediate family.

Edited by AntMan1