300,000 Thai Children Suffer From Hyperactivity

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone considered how many vaccinations they're now receiving and the rise in ADD/ADHD and autism spectrum diagnoses? For whatever reason, boys seem to be affected more. I also see the overdiagnosis phenomenon when there's a buzz-word. Who remembers all the cases of dyslexia? Nevertheless, big pharma will soon come to the rescue, I'm sure.

Do Doctors in some other countries never read The British medical Journal or any of the other reputable medical Journals out there? The UK went through this 25 years ago.

When it comes to buying a property, the golden rule is 'location, location, location', when it comes to having ADHD it's 'crap food and drink, crap food and drink, crap food and drink'. Mix that in with unchecked discipline issues, running after children around the house or garden trying to spoon feed them their meals and hours spent on games consoles offering sensory overload then you have the perfect concoction for hyperactive, unruly children who are unable to sit at a chair in a restaurant for 2 mins. Oh hark what to do the kids are running amok around the restaurant...I know lets give them another large red fanta and a thick slice of toasted bread topped with butter and a thick layer of sugar and condensed milk!

Note to my late Mum and Dad........sorry, I never got the chance to tell you how bloody brilliant you were to me, but I will make sure your Grandchildren know!!!

No chance of being hyper when there was only bread and dripping for tea!

• Like 1

My daughter is special teacher for ADHD in Germany. She told me the diagnosis is the problem. What means hyperactivity? What means

My Thai daughter is hyperactive - but not a problem. We laugh and play together - she's smart - she learns quickly - her mom has taught her to be super respectful …….

Ya, sure she talks a lot but her imagination is incredible. She dances and sings. Maybe she is a "stand out" for hyperactivity - I don't know for sure.

What I do believe is that when some behaviour is given a name - like ADHD or ADD or whatever, one can then "own" it and say "I'm like this because I'm ADD or ADHD". Then, it becomes how they identify in life and, in some cases they feel like there's something wrong with them.

Please don't jump to labelling these kids "hyped up brats" or suggest that "They'll grow out of it in their late teens and become lazy SOBs". Play with them, enjoy them, teach them, love them. You may have been a kid once yourself.

I agree, my daughter is special (and graduated) teacher for ADHD. She told me the problem is the diagnosis. Yes, a minority of children needs ritalin, but the biggest problem is the communication between child and parents, teachers. Many of the children have a high IQ, they want to know (why the sky is blue, why our dog is smiling with his tail etc.), their natural curiosity make them to be outsiders in a social system where they have to follow what the "boss" (parents, teacher) orders.

My daughter is communication teacher together with the parents and the children. Most time it works, but some parents are too stupid ....

'Intelligent Children'; by their very nature are agressive in asking question,

finding out answers, exploring, and being many times more active than their parents.

The term hyperactive has linguistically slid, via the 'under informed' from :

Dysfunctionally inactive mental state cause by

the mind racing past all reasonable interactions with others,

VS.

The simply very active child with intense curiosity that

runs flat out 18 hours a day 7 days aweek and exhausts parents.

The child described above is NOT hyperactive in the medical sense,

nor has she need of medication, she is in need of INPUT.

The classically ADD or ADHA is a child that :

Doesn't apear to pay attention,

Demands input but doesn't processes it.

Interacts poorly with others because,

they just can't slow down enough to deal with

communications beyond the rudimentary.

These kids getting to 6-9th grade are most likely to become pot smokers,

because this slows them down enough to deal with society, and making friendships.

The child described above does NOT sound like a internalized out cast.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

ummmm, excessive sugar maybe?
Stop blaming sugar I eat what you will a lot and I am 85 years old but I also a lot of meat this keeps me fit and young These youngsters just need a girl friend or boy friend that will solve it I had sex from 7 years on

So to clarify Harry, you believe that in order to cure school children of hyper activity you would encourage them to have sex, because you had sex from the age of 7 years on? Any chance you could change your moniker to Dirtyoldharryfrompattya ? ;)

Has anyone considered how many vaccinations they're now receiving and the rise in ADD/ADHD and autism spectrum diagnoses? For whatever reason, boys seem to be affected more. I also see the overdiagnosis phenomenon when there's a buzz-word. Who remembers all the cases of dyslexia? Nevertheless, big pharma will soon come to the rescue, I'm sure.

I've thought about this, and whilst there was no such word as dyslexia in northern England in the late 1960's/early 1970's, there were a couple of 'thicko's" in my junior school class. I know nothing about the condition, perhaps it is a valid one and if so perhaps it explained the 'thicko's". I clearly remember one "thicko" was found to be almost deaf during routine tests when we were 9 and moved to the front of the class - with a very fast improvement in her grades.

I often think about words my nan wouldn't know. Not just computer and internet and mobile and SMS, but also a lot of diseases and medical conditions.

I've thought about this, and whilst there was no such word as dyslexia in northern England in the late 1960's/early 1970's, there were a couple of 'thicko's" in my junior school class. I know nothing about the condition, perhaps it is a valid one and if so perhaps it explained the 'thicko's". I clearly remember one "thicko" was found to be almost deaf during routine tests when we were 9 and moved to the front of the class - with a very fast improvement in her grades.

I often think about words my nan wouldn't know. Not just computer and internet and mobile and SMS, but also a lot of diseases and medical conditions.

Konini

Thanks for the like above, but don't confuse those with Dyslexia,

'Thickos' as you coloquially refer to slower students,

and ADHA ADD sufferers.

These are all quite different things, the brain doesn't work in one preset way,

and sometimes environmental carcinogens, accidental happenings,

or poorly conceived medical 'therapies' conspire to make some individuals

less able to deal with their world around them as well as others.

I am Dyslexic, but hardly a "Thicko".

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1