Thai Woman Tricked And Sexually Abused By Brazilian Drug Traffickers

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this article emphasize "Black men"? Would it not suffice to say Brazilian males? Does the use of the colour of skin add emphasis to the horrors of this tale?

It adds virtually the size. And that makes it much more scary!giggle.gif

• Like 2

I wonder what Mr. T's role in all of this was?

Isn't it obvious? He and his proxies created the economic and cultural conditions which led to these poor women feeling the need to go abroad to increase their income. Thus he is ultimately responsible for what happened to them.

Sheesh. Ye be an amateur at this, sir.

I am sure that some females from a S.E.Asian country with a name beginning with T., were already travelling abroad in order to increase their income long before Mr.T. came on the scene.

However since Mr.T. is known to be living abroad, screwing people and still making even more money, there is more of an incentive for others to copy this M.O.

OMG, you're actually being serious, aren't you. My post was satirical. Anyway, here's another gold star for hating Thaksin. *

• Like 1

In the movie "Quick Change" Bill Murray dressed up as a clown to rob a bank. The witnesses described him as "average height, average build, blue hair, with a red nose". In today's political correctness would that be considered racist?

Although we may not know just how badly blacks are still viewed by some, one thing is clear based on most of our posts and that is that the black man still commands more respect and rates higher than a Thai female.

• Like 1

Exactly my point. Throwing around 'PC' without really knowing what it means. Repeating, for the 6th time, and still waiting for the answer... what is the RELEVANCE of skin colour in this story.

Not real quick on the uptake, I guess. Derivative as it may be, I'll re-post Nisa since Nisa did it more artfully, and you managed zero response to it.

"If we are going to be politically correct then the story should also not mention it took place in Brazil and it should not mention the victims were Thai or female or that the accused were males. Probably also not a good idea to mention the victim had a job since this could somehow be seen as indicating she was a good citizen and this would suggest an unemployed person is not. "

There.

We are talking about a news story here - not some yarn told in a pub. In a rape case, gender is relevant, don't you think?. It is relevant that it took place in Brazil because that is a fact that affected the eventual outcome - and to make clear that it didn't happen here in Thailand. The victim's nationality is relevant because it is a Thailand-based story. Crimes against one's countrymen (or women) have always been considered bigger news than something that happens to another nationality overseas. The woman's job was also relevant to the outcome of the story.... The colour of the men who raped her was not relevant to the outcome. To a much greater degree, their nationality is - because it took place in their home country.

The complaints about being "PC" is not the point. It is a poorly written news story... the mention of race stands out like dog's <deleted> because it is not relevant to the story, because the story is amateurishly written. Most likely, the writer or editor's subconscious idea of being raped by black men instead of Asians or caucasians more abhorrent, so it seemed relevant to her personally.

• Like 1

don't get me wrong this woman seems to be straight up, but I do wonder how many women use this excuse when they get nicked at customs for doing something the fully knew they shouldn't. Not in this case but in certain other 1's it seems difficult to see the wood for the trees.

While you have a valid point and the answer to your question is actually ...a lot use this excuse. However, my thoughts went the other way and wondered how many of these girls who use this kind of excuse are telling the truth.

Very difficult to work out, IMO the only ones who should be taken half serious are the ones who actually go up to the customs officers and tell them their story before getting caught. If customs were to display this info in the same way as they do the bits about drugs smugglers may be executed and offer help to these poor mules then it might work. I guess you would get a few smugglers who just lost their bottle trying their luck but for the most part I think it would weed out the true from the false.

Although we may not know just how badly blacks are still viewed by some, one thing is clear based on most of our posts and that is that the black man still commands more respect and rates higher than a Thai female.

It's true that Thai women are unfairly stereotyped. But as long as Thailand remains a patriarchy where rich Thai men continue to build multistory "massage parlors", and impoverished females have no alternative but to sell themselves to prostitution, I'm afraid that stereotype will not change in the near future. Sad, but true.

The colour of the men who raped her was not relevant to the outcome. To a much greater degree, their nationality is - because it took place in their home country.

I would think it fairly relevant to include a description of the assailants in a crime. Their nationality is unknown, their race isn't. That's why one is mentioned and the other isn't.

• Like 2

In the movie "Quick Change" Bill Murray dressed up as a clown to rob a bank. The witnesses described him as "average height, average build, blue hair, with a red nose". In today's political correctness would that be considered racist?

Definitely ..You will hear a compliant from my friend Rudolf soon.....he's a bit busy nowadays since it is that time of the year...

• Like 1

This is really a joke and now I can see why PC is being more and more common by some of the "Dont mention blacks" comments. It always amuses me when Jones a black boxer is fighting a white boxer, unfortunately they both have the same colour boxing shorts. The comentator says Jones can be identified by his red boxing boots. One is black and one is white for goodness sake. PC and its followers have a lot to answer for. Please do not support them. I am not a racist, never will be and have friends of different colour and creed. BUT while I do not care if you are black, white, green, yellow, red, blue or come from Mars, if you are a pratt then your are still a pratt!

Well done to all the Thai authorities that helped in this case and when credit is due then it must be give. Good luck to the young Thai lady and I hope her future will be good

• Like 1

The colour of the men who raped her was not relevant to the outcome. To a much greater degree, their nationality is - because it took place in their home country.

I would think it fairly relevant to include a description of the assailants in a crime. Their nationality is unknown, their race isn't. That's why one is mentioned and the other isn't.

Where's the Thai "Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson" to point out that this poor Thai girl was violated by black people. If anyone of any other race violates a black person it becomes an International spectacle. Yet just mentioning the race of the perps, has all the black people playing the race card. Am I the only one that noticed this?

• Like 1

Well, this is the first time I've been called politically correct. My friends will have a good laugh over this. If you read my post again, it's not about 'political correctness' (which you've thrown in reflexively in this case) but about relevance. You have not explained the relevance of skin colour to the reporting of this case or the other example I gave. Why stop there? Why not say they were wearing Levis or that they'd eaten pizza for lunch? It would be just as relevant...

Oh dear you really are a silly billy aren't you sad.png

Who paid for the trip? I doubt a young Thai girl would pay the plane ticket and go alone to Brazil for one week. Seems to me that his could have been easily avoided if she had some common sense.

Thais in general do not posess "common sense".

Who paid for the trip? I doubt a young Thai girl would pay the plane ticket and go alone to Brazil for one week. Seems to me that his could have been easily avoided if she had some common sense.

I know a lot of intelligent Thais that would beg to differ. Maybe you only associate with those where you're the smartest person in the room. Maybe you should raise the bar, or would that embarrass yourself that a Thai might be smarter than you?

• Like 2

Why does this article emphasize "Black men"? Would it not suffice to say Brazilian males? Does the use of the colour of skin add emphasis to the horrors of this tale?

Yep, the skin colour is completely irrelevant to the story... it must have made it seem more scary to the writer/editor.

Yes but it seems to be the new normal when it comes to the Main Stream Media. Look at the Treyvon Martin case in the US; evil white man shoots and kills little black boy. As the facts came out things started to change drastically. If the MSM is trying to create animosity between races (for what ever reason) it seems to be working.

Good point.... nuff said...... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Interesting fact: Brazil has the world's second largest black population (by country) after Nigeria. (Well, I thought it was an interesting fact anyway...)

And so....

Firstly, unless the woman was able to recognize the language they spoke as Portuguese, or they were careless enough to let her see their passports/ID cards, then I would say that the fact they were black is relevant as it suggests statistically that they were probably Brazilian. It would also surely help that any witnesses to the event who may come forward after having read the report knew that the perpetrators were black.

Secondly, unless they are non-profit or state-run, most media organizations are designed to not only report the news, but also to make money for their owners/shareholders. Like it or not, I am sure that the majority of people in this world if presented with the 2 stories side-by-side, one of which makes no mention of their race/colour and the other which does (provided it's true), would say that they found the story which mentioned that the perpetrators were black to be a more informative report, and would surely be more inclined in future to subscribe to that source rather than the other.

Thirdly, If this happened to anyone here reading this and the police questioned you, would you omit from your report to the police that they were black?

Fourthly, If there were a gang of violent criminals operating in your neighbourhood whose MO is to knock on your door in a group then when you answer they burst in and rape your wife, and this gang happened to be orange in colour, would you prefer that their colour was not mentioned so and groups of people coming to your door including carol singers, Jehovah's witnesses, your local Neighbourhood Watch committee and orange people were all treated with the same suspicion? If their colour was not released to the public but you somehow got wind of the fact that they were orange men, would you keep that information from your wife and loved ones to maintain your "I'm no racist" stance?

Like it or not physical appearance plays a big part in human interaction. We (mostly) recognize/identify people based on their physical characteristics. It just so happens that when it comes to skin colour it is not only one of the more obvious characteristics, it is also quite often a reference to their race and that's where it becomes complicated.

• Like 2

I know a lot of intelligent Thais that would beg to differ. Maybe you only associate with those where you're the smartest person in the room. Maybe you should raise the bar, or would that embarrass yourself that a Thai might be smarter than you?

You are not exactly excelling in thoughts. If you could read and understand my simple sentence, you would see the term "in general". Try google it and try understand the meaning. Oh, and how many of your intelligent Thai friends are members of Mensa? I realize you are not.

Interesting fact: Brazil has the world's second largest black population (by country) after Nigeria. (Well, I thought it was an interesting fact anyway...)

And so....

Firstly, unless the woman was able to recognize the language they spoke as Portuguese, or they were careless enough to let her see their passports/ID cards, then I would say that the fact they were black is relevant as it suggests statistically that they were probably Brazilian. It would also surely help that any witnesses to the event who may come forward after having read the report knew that the perpetrators were black.

Secondly, unless they are non-profit or state-run, most media organizations are designed to not only report the news, but also to make money for their owners/shareholders. Like it or not, I am sure that the majority of people in this world if presented with the 2 stories side-by-side, one of which makes no mention of their race/colour and the other which does (provided it's true), would say that they found the story which mentioned that the perpetrators were black to be a more informative report, and would surely be more inclined in future to subscribe to that source rather than the other.

Thirdly, If this happened to anyone here reading this and the police questioned you, would you omit from your report to the police that they were black?

Fourthly, If there were a gang of violent criminals operating in your neighbourhood whose MO is to knock on your door in a group then when you answer they burst in and rape your wife, and this gang happened to be orange in colour, would you prefer that their colour was not mentioned so and groups of people coming to your door including carol singers, Jehovah's witnesses, your local Neighbourhood Watch committee and orange people were all treated with the same suspicion? If their colour was not released to the public but you somehow got wind of the fact that they were orange men, would you keep that information from your wife and loved ones to maintain your "I'm no racist" stance?

Like it or not physical appearance plays a big part in human interaction. We (mostly) recognize/identify people based on their physical characteristics. It just so happens that when it comes to skin colour it is not only one of the more obvious characteristics, it is also quite often a reference to their race and that's where it becomes complicated.

For now on we will call black people ORANGE. Everyone likes oranges, it's inoffensive, and doesn't require a hyphen. All in favor say EHY! The EHY's have it. I love orange people, ORANGE POWER!, Let's hear it for the ORANGE PANTHERS!

If there were a gang of violent criminals operating in your neighbourhood whose MO is to knock on your door in a group then when you answer they burst in and rape your wife

PC is running amock these days in our Western world.

I remember Swiss media being remonstrated by the PC authorities because they had reported that gangs of Rom women in their highly recognizable long dresses were ringing older folks doorbells and then robbing them (no violence there, just trickery). Rom and ethnic dress should not have been mentioned !!!!

I also remember that the respected San Francisco Chronicle had one day voluntarily decided to no longer mention perps skin color in its city crime reporting.

That's just two PC idiocies that irritated me at the time . There are thousand more ...

You are not exactly excelling in thoughts. If you could read and understand my simple sentence, you would see the term "in general". Try google it and try understand the meaning. Oh, and how many of your intelligent Thai friends are members of Mensa? I realize you are not.

I know what "in general" means, I don't have to google it. I realize that Thailand was a third world country not long ago so there are those that have not benefited from a formal education, but most Thais I associate are quite intelligent (maybe not Mensa level) but are no different than the people I associated with in my own country. Yes you're right! I'm no Mensa member, so in your eyes I'm as stupid as a Thai, and proud of it!

For now on we will call black people ORANGE. Everyone likes oranges, it's inoffensive, and doesn't require a hyphen. All in favor say EHY! The EHY's have it. I love orange people, ORANGE POWER!, Let's hear it for the ORANGE PANTHERS!

Nay.....From the All Beau Tangerine Club !!!

• Like 1

I see. So if this ladies circumstances were different and she was too afraid to go to the authorities or they had some connection here to her family here that they threaten to kill. You would all be saying hang her life in prisons too good for her. What a bunch of hypocrites.

• Like 1

Its all about the money, the money, the money It seems to me Thai women will do anything for money including kill or have their partners killed. Now don't get me wrong they are not all the same, I know as I'm married to a Thai Lady for 8 years and I guess I'm one of the lucky Farangs, and its a pity some of the bad hearted bitches didn't get duped into going to Brazil

I see. So if this ladies circumstances were different and she was too afraid to go to the authorities or they had some connection here to her family here that they threaten to kill. You would all be saying hang her life in prisons too good for her. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I've read EVERY post thus far! NOBODY has even HINTED what you are implying by your post.