Thai Woman Tricked And Sexually Abused By Brazilian Drug Traffickers

webfact

As a well adjusted black man (stop laughing in the back) without a chip on my shoulder, I'd like to offer my two penneth:

The nationality of the perpetrators is indeed relevant failing having that information defaulting to black males is surely acceptable (although adding more descriptive would have helped), however the sensationalist way in which it is introduced is poor journalism and I can see why it could be considered borderline offensive.

Here:

A 24-year-old Thai woman was invited to visit Brazil by a work colleague, but instead she got raped by black men and ordered to smuggle drugs back to Thailand or she would be killed.

Irrelevant and sensationalist as well as badly written.

Here:

The next day, Ms. B got a call from Ms. C, who said she was already back in Thailand. Then several black men were knocking on Ms. B’s door. They entered the room when she opened the door.

More relevant and normally where we would see description introduced - yet still badly written.

It just appears that the writer couldn't wait to get the fact that the perps were black men into the story and in doing so detracts from the piece - evident in the fact that we are discussing the men being black rather than the crime.

You can call me Mr. Tibbs...

• Like 2

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai woman 'tricked" by farang, Brazillian drug dealers "hustling" a Thai woman. Mrs. A, Mrs. B, Mrs. C are involved, the 24 year old Thai woman was "tricked" by another Thai work colleague, black men!! My word, last but not least, black men, how dare they "hustle" a Thai.

Do you think that the Thai woman had a financial motive for being involved and suckered in by her Thai friend? This article paints a picture of racist Thais as it "singles out" black men as the key culprits, not just men or Brazillian men, but "black men."

So the article is pointing on racist Thais..

And the News is?coffee1.gif

Who paid for the trip? I doubt a young Thai girl would pay the plane ticket and go alone to Brazil for one week. Seems to me that his could have been easily avoided if she had some common sense.

Common sense? In LoS! Not in the next 50 years!

As a well adjusted black man (stop laughing in the back) without a chip on my shoulder, I'd like to offer my two penneth:

The nationality of the perpetrators is indeed relevant failing having that information defaulting to black males is surely acceptable (although adding more descriptive would have helped), however the sensationalist way in which it is introduced is poor journalism and I can see why it could be considered borderline offensive.

Here:

A 24-year-old Thai woman was invited to visit Brazil by a work colleague, but instead she got raped by black men and ordered to smuggle drugs back to Thailand or she would be killed.

Here:

The next day, Ms. B got a call from Ms. C, who said she was already back in Thailand. Then several black men were knocking on Ms. B’s door. They entered the room when she opened the door.

More relevant and normally where we would see description introduced - yet still badly written.

It just appears that the writer couldn't wait to get the fact that the perps were black men into the story and in doing so detracts from the piece - evident in the fact that we are discussing the men being black rather than the crime.

Your 2 penneth well written. Yes, bad articulation by the journalist, but you are right it needed to be in the piece to complete the story.

PS - Sidney Poitier great actor, and I also liked "In the heat of the night".

• Like 1

[quote name=Kilgore Trout' timestamp='1355221200' p

ost='5922175]

Sorry but you have lost me. I do not see the connection between a common phrase and your black friends. To " Call a spade a spade" is to talk openly and honestly about a topic. Please enlighten me!

It would seem from your post that after calling a "spade a spade" you would call it a shovel. I took that to mean you will call black people spades, and sometimes use the literal meaning.

I always call a spade a spade and on occasions I even call a spade a F*****g Shovel!

Complete with expletive and all. Sounds pretty dam_n racist to me, correct yourself if you mean otherwise, buddy.whistling.gif

Where I come from, the term " calls a spade a spade" simply means that the person referred to tells it how it is, no embellishments or bullshit. It has nothing to do with colour.

FYI. If u say "call a spade a spade" while looking at a black person in the us, you will get your a_s kicked, regardless of your intentions. It is what it is;)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Where does it say he's in the USA?

Very relevant point ! I have a scrounger smoker friend who commonly asks if he could " bum a fag " .....we all know what he means , but if he was in the USA , then maybe he too would "get his a_s kicked" . ( but he's not in the USA , you see ! )

• Like 1

@Fozfromoz; Your cricketing anecdote sounds like "Jonners"smile.png

Re Political correctness; A recent drama from the BBC had a Black Police Chief as the central character. Because any reference to being B-L-A-C-K as effectivly been outlawed in UK these days his colleagues referred to him as being "from the South"...

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Why does this article emphasize "Black men"? Would it not suffice to say Brazilian males? Does the use of the colour of skin add emphasis to the horrors of this tale?

That is true but also. The highest percentage of foreigners locked in Thai Prisons are black men.....

What exactly does that have to do with the price of eggs in Brazil?

Here:

Here:

Your 2 penneth well written. Yes, bad articulation by the journalist, but you are right it needed to be in the piece to complete the story.

PS - Sidney Poitier great actor, and I also liked "In the heat of the night".

Would that be Black Actor - Sidney Poitier playing a black police detective? tongue.png

The quote is actually from In the Heat of the Night - which I guess from being such an iconic line, spawned the sequel's title - They Call Me Mr Tibbs

• Like 1

Why does this article emphasize "Black men"? Would it not suffice to say Brazilian males? Does the use of the colour of skin add emphasis to the horrors of this tale?

Yep, the skin colour is completely irrelevant to the story... it must have made it seem more scary to the writer/editor.

Keep your political correctness drivel in your own country. Any descriptive fact is relevant to the story. I'm glad to live in a country where these things are not censored.

I'm not politically correct 'nor a racist in any sense, furthermore, I'm not patriotic. I tend to see life pragmatically. In this case the term "black men" sensationalized the story, and sold more papers. The term "black men" also perpetuated the flagrant racism and near caste society that is Thailand. Censorship is also rampant, otherwise the tourists would not come..coffee1.gif

You really aren't suggesting that anyone draw any conclusion from TV Poster's reactions or conclusion to something outside of concluding things about TV Posters are you? Just look at the conclusions you have drawn based on the fact the writer points out a fact, nobody is disputing, about the accused.

My personal opinion is there is nothing wrong with being black and the only folks who should be upset by it being pointed out the accused are black are people who think being black is a negative thing but then again, I am just another poster on TV expressing their views about something none of us have all the facts about.

At least she didn't get raped by Brazillians as they were black men. That clearly makes it worse or is it better?

I suppose it depends on how you see colour, as the author of this article clearly does.

Black men then. Essential we are told they were black men. Not Brazillians in Brazil. Or even Brazillians in Thailand. But black men. I presume the said 'black men; must come from black men country.

Where do Thais think that place is?

I wonder if they were tall black men? Imagine that. Being raped by tall black men. Or tall black men wearing La Coste shirts and Oakley sunglasses. My fashion sense is as offended as my morality.

Black men then. Essential information.

But were they short, or tall, or fat, tattooed, bald, suffering speech impediments, high blood pressure, herpes, cleft feet, cleft pallet, any form of halletosis or driving a Hyundai saloon?

We need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least she didn't get raped by Brazillians as they were black men. That clearly makes it worse or is it better?

I suppose it depends on how you see colour, as the author of this article clearly does.

Black men then. Essential we are told they were black men. Not Brazillians in Brazil. Or even Brazillians in Thailand. But black men. I presume the said 'black men; must come from black men country.

Where do Thais think that place is?

I wonder if they were tall black men? Imagine that. Being raped by tall black men. Or tall black men wearing La Coste shirts and Oakley sunglasses. My fashion sense is as offended as my morality.

Black men then. Essential information.

But were they short, or tall, or fat, tattooed, bald, suffering speech impediments, high blood pressure, herpes, cleft feet, cleft pallet, any form of halletosis or driving a Hyundai saloon?

We need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing in the story that indicates the least bit that the writer suggested being raped by a black person is worse. This is purely the personal views of some readers. Others who may prefer having sex with or are attracted to black men might see it as being less horrific than being raped by a white guy who they may stereotype as some old overweight smelly drunken sexpat. But truth be told both views are incredibly ignorant as being raped by a white, black, asian or indian is a horrific experience for the victim and the color of the person's skin is not going to make the assault any less or more painful..

Thai prisons have White female single parent Mothers who where duped into a fortnights holiday in The Land of Smiles by Nigerian crooks.Free holiday,only have to bring back a small package.The South African Embassey will not give them any help.

The point is,is this,this dumb drug smuggeling racket appears to be in all countries. Mules carrying smuggeled coal packages to coal mines.

There is an oppertunity for TV commentators to meet encaserated drug mules.Look up the websites that give You the names of foreign women in Thai jails,banged up. Go visit them,take a small gift,and ask them if they miss their children. Yes right here in Bangkok is the chance to meet a real drug smuggler.Far from home,no consulate help,and few visitors.

Wish all would stop the dark side bad rap, many good guys wear a black hat ya know!

That is true but also. The highest percentage of foreigners locked in Thai Prisons are black men.....

yep, but from Nigeria, not from Brasil!

I'd bet the highest percentage was from other ASEAN countries rather than black men - I'd say Burmese, Cambodians and possibly Laotians on their own would vastly outnumber Africans, Afro Americans, Black British and other dark skinned chaps typically classified as black males.

and look what not being lazy finds:

NATIONALITY OF FOREIGN PRISONERS in 2009

Asia: 8,528 (93.81%)

Africa: 274 (3.01%)

Europe: 149 (1.64%)

USA: 47 (12.52%)

Australia: 15 (12.16%)

Minority: 55 (0.6%)

Other: 23 (12.25%)

TOP 10 OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THAI PRISONS (2009)

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Edit to add stats

Edited by 2unique
  • Like 1

I'd bet the highest percentage was from other ASEAN countries rather than black men - I'd say Burmese, Cambodians and possibly Laotians on their own would vastly outnumber Africans, Afro Americans, Black British and other dark skinned chaps typically classified as black males.

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Edit to add stats

This is half true!Nigerian government took hundreds of Nigerians or may be more then thousand back home,where they are supposed to serve their time,

to relieve Thai jail system.There were at least 3 or 4 charter flights organized .I imagine - jumbo everytime?I am sure - some of them came back to the system.

This is called - recycling!

They opened their embassy in Bangkok only for this reason - to serve their inmates here.Before poor guys had to write their letters to Manila.

Our friend - "geriatrickid" became the most quoted and replied poster in recent thaivisa history?

Do you like this fame? - Geriatrickid?

Edited by vanillalatte

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Edit to add stats

Asians aren't really foreigners?

And direct after the Asians: Nigerians

I'm wondering about the Singaporeans, a bit!

1. Myanmar (3,787)

2. Lao (1,994)

3. Cambodia (1,445)

4. Malaysia (325)

5. China (252)

6. Singapore (115)

7. Nigeria (94)

8. Taiwan (91)

9. Vietnam (85)

10. Ghana (65)

Edit to add stats

115 SIngaporeans. My my my, the wonderful, superior, obedient Singaporeans. That has to be the highest per capita than any of the other countries.

not sure how many of you have been to Brazil but there are a mix of 'shades' and some are, well, very black and some are not

yep:

2012_Queen_of_Carnival_Rio.JPG

By the way : Why do they 'import' Thai ladies? Oh, yes, as drug mule or bait for future drug mules.

Edited by noob7

Being a Burmese refugee in Thailand will recieve a prison sentence when captured.

I have been to Poi Pet border (many times) of Cambodia,and daily a caged truck with open bars and grills comes to the border post from Thailand,packed full,standing room only,with Kambo's males being returned to Cambodia.