Car Wing Mirror - Where To Buy

Hi guys,

I need a new wing mirror for my Suzuki Vitara.

I need just the actual mirror part, not the whole unit.

It doesnt have to be a proper Suzuki part from the dealer. I just need a bit of mirror cut to fit and stuck on, really.

I havent got a clue where to start looking.

Any advice?

Thanks

Ian

Hi guys,

I need a new wing mirror for my Suzuki Vitara.

I need just the actual mirror part, not the whole unit.

It doesnt have to be a proper Suzuki part from the dealer. I just need a bit of mirror cut to fit and stuck on, really.

I havent got a clue where to start looking.

Any advice?

Thanks

Ian

Could try Dan auto on manam after manam post office if not then they can tell you where to go

Night have a phone number spmewhere

Cant find a wing mirror anywhere. Only place that could help was the place samuijimmy mentioned on Soi 3 Maenam, but they wanted to replace the whole unit for 5100 Baht when all I need is a new piece of mirror.

Plan B - Does anyone know of any glass/mirror shops where I could try to get a piece of mirror cut to size?

Cant find a wing mirror anywhere. Only place that could help was the place samuijimmy mentioned on Soi 3 Maenam, but they wanted to replace the whole unit for 5100 Baht when all I need is a new piece of mirror.

Plan B - Does anyone know of any glass/mirror shops where I could try to get a piece of mirror cut to size?

There used to be a place on the road towards Chewang lake from the traffic light. Coming from the lights - on the right, after the College of Tourism and before Poolmart (also on the right).

Not surprised when you think about it.... although I thought they may have some old ones in a pile!!!

Head down the road, toward Ban Tai, .... just about the area the tile shop on the right is, (and Lapidary Shop) across the road (left side there is a glass shop.... he's generally very helpful... thumbsup.gif

Try him... short guy with a bit of a limp.

Failing that, and heading back to Maenam, there is another glass shop on the right side... not dealt with them, so don't know! You'll just have to watch out for it, but before Santa buri Resort !

Good luck, and let us know! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

• 3 weeks later...

Last night 2 x Mazda 2 saloon cars rented by customers and parked outside their Villas had the glass stolen from the wing mirrors.

Did you find somewhere that supplies the glass Steelarian?

(If anyone hears of any Mazda 2 mirrors going cheap - let me know please wai.gif )

• Like 1

I suspect thats what happened to my mirror. I certainly didnt hit anything, and there was no sign of any broken mirror glass around my car when I discovered it was missing. Anyway....

Im not sure where my replacement glass came from. A Thai friend of mine sorted it out for me in the end, and Im not sure where he got it cut. I will try to find out for you. I know it cost around 500 baht though, in case you were wondering.

I suspect thats what happened to my mirror. I certainly didnt hit anything, and there was no sign of any broken mirror glass around my car when I discovered it was missing. Anyway....

Im not sure where my replacement glass came from. A Thai friend of mine sorted it out for me in the end, and Im not sure where he got it cut. I will try to find out for you. I know it cost around 500 baht though, in case you were wondering.

Thanks for the info - a contact address/number would be great please - do not worry if you cannot - they all go home tomorrow. I am just trying to avoid the "5,000 baht each mirror" conversation with the hire companies. bah.gif

Thanks for the info - a contact address/number would be great please - do not worry if you cannot - they all go home tomorrow. I am just trying to avoid the "5,000 baht each mirror" conversation with the hire companies. bah.gif

Yiks !!!! ...on a rental car .... w00t.gif

well hope they won't treat you like some of the motorbike rental places and try to double or triple the price to repair ...... whistling.gif .... but they may not want to rent out until it is repaired....

Insurance not cover???... or maybe that more of a hassle, perhaps ?