Another Place To Get A Good English Breakfast

Pikey

OK, another food thread but this place really does deserve some recognition and a search of the forum turned up nothing. It's a new place called "Noraa" and is at the top end of Ratchmanka Rd towards Moon Muang, opposite the old Tiger Bar.

I have just polished off the "Full Monty English" and it was delicious. Some might baulk at the 195THB price but IMO, it was well worth it. For your cash, you get: 1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 bacon, 1 hash brown, 1 sausage patty, a fried slice, baked beans, mushrooms, grilled tomato, 2 rounds of toast with butter & marmalade, tea or coffee and orange juice. The quality of the ingredients is superb and cooked perfectly.

The place is run by James who I've been told is English/Thai and a very nice, though somewhat reserved bloke. The menu is extensive for both western & thai foods plus some Indian curries and I'll be sampling more dishes for sure. Definitely worth a try and BTW, I have no association with the restaurant.

Cheers,

Pikey.

• Like 2

With a good restaurant that close to you, you will have to step up your training routine to keep up mate ! haha

Err, I think you mean "get back to" mate. I've been a slack-arse for the last 6 months. Still it gives me a new year's resolution to break ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

re.

It's a new place called "Noraa" and is at the top end of Ratchmanka Rd towards Moon Muang, opposite the old Tiger Bar.

here ya go : )

dave2

For a few years at the turn of the century I went there for a filling 50 baht breakfast. The breakfast was always covered in a bright yellow oily substance but it still tasted good mopped up with a slice of toast. In case anyone is interested, the empty building opposite is for sale for 20 million baht. You need to sell a lot of breakfasts to cover the cost of that potential goldmine.

• 1 month later...

Is there really such a thing as a good English breakfast?

Yes, there is.The old Laughing Leprechaun had a great one. Who eats sausages and bacon floating in maple syrup? Where I come from we save it for pancakes, French toast or waffles. Edited by Ulysses G.

As a lad I had a friend I'd visit with who lived out in the country (at that time it was country) outside of Tampa. Their morning farm breakfast was just amazing. pork chops, fried chicken, pancakes, scrambled eggs, fresh hot biscuits, sausage, bacon, fruit juice etc. Now that was a breakfast. The meat they butchered and processed themselves, their chickens provided the eggs, citrus trees provided fruit. They never considered themselves wealthy, but they had several hundred acres and grew just about everything you'd want.

• Like 1

Is there really such a thing as a good English breakfast?

Yes, there is.The old Laughing Leprechaun had a great one. Who eats sausages and bacon floating in maple syrup? Where I come from we save it for pancakes, French toast or waffles.

Here's one I'm disagreeing with you on UG. I've travelled USA and lived in Canada and I have indeed seen sausages and bacon floating in maple syrup, albeit all on the same plate as waffles or french toast. It could be more Canadian as I did go to a lot of pancake breakfasts with a bowling team from Chatham, Ont (great place squire sick.gif ). You are from San Fran Cisco I believe, which is a civilised place.

Yes the old LL was great. thumbsup.gif

When it comes to syrup interacting with meat, I suppose no one has noticed those beans floating around on an English breakfast plate.

The sugar content in those things has to be within striking distance of that in most maple syrups.

Good point funny how people miss that. Also back home when I was a young one we used to have them with hot dogs cut up in them. Seems meat goes good with Syrup products.

Edited by hellodolly

It does sadden me to read so many members from the US of A talk about breakfast that has nasty processed "hot dogs" ( please see You-Tube to see how they are made.) when the British sausage has only salts and herbs in them.We do not need to cover our breakfast in sweet gunge .Bacon,baked beans,mushrooms, tomatoes and toast can be fairly healthy.There are many places in CM where you can get a decent British breakfast.The Olde Bell,Archers and The Darling Bar ( Soi 2 in Loi Kroh Rd).What a shame that most hotels can only serve Yank Slop and call it breakfast!

It does sadden me to read so many members from the US of A talk about breakfast that has nasty processed "hot dogs" ( please see You-Tube to see how they are made.) when the British sausage has only salts and herbs in them.We do not need to cover our breakfast in sweet gunge .Bacon,baked beans,mushrooms, tomatoes and toast can be fairly healthy.There are many places in CM where you can get a decent British breakfast.The Olde Bell,Archers and The Darling Bar ( Soi 2 in Loi Kroh Rd).What a shame that most hotels can only serve Yank Slop and call it breakfast!

Sweet gunge.

Dear sir you would know that is not so if you were an Englishman or such as myself have read post 21 It states very clearly how sweet gunge is a part of an Englishman's breakfast. Might I suggest that you could get a very close proximity of an Englishman's breakfast if you were to switch the beans for refried beans. An Englishman's breakfast with a taste of Mexico. Does it get any better.wai2.gif