Ko Samet

slippery when wet

koh-samet-map-thailand.jpg

from the Map , "Na Dan" = main peir ..then u take a pick-up taxi (sharing from there to other beach)

-Hat Sai Keaw (white sand beach) is too crowdy with tourist ,especially Thai (before you reach this baech, you will see 7-11 minimart ..better buy some stuff there , coz price is not diff than main land)..personally i dont like this beach coz noisey and crowdy

pro 's

-you can find many bungalows /restuarant

-nice white fine sand on the beach

con's

chaos

Ao Pai less crowdy , beach is shorter but at"silver sand " in night time has party +dance

Ao wong deun - you can catch the baot here also

Ao wai and other beaches (more and more quiet)

Ao Kui - hi so beach with expensive resort as "paradee" room 10 000-30000 + buid in jacuzzi in front of the room ...i went there 1 time, ( just take a look )

Ao proa - this one is Hi-So beach .. expensive room ,beach is ok ..the beach is quiet .. i went and rest at Ao Prao resort (this beach has plenty urchin ..night mare for me) ..

well - depends on whats kind of life style you like and about your budget ..for me "Ao Pai" is pretty fun 4 me

other trick , avoid the north beach(as ao noi na) coz the opposite side = main land , bad scenery

Is this in the right forum???

Don't go to Samet, there's lots of islands down here that are MUCH better!!

1. Koh Samet: you're right. Koh Samet is on the other side of the Gulf and south of Pattaya,

2. Please more info what you have in mind; apart from Phuket that is of course. Would like to hear your opinion.

What about the summertime....July/August ? You have some advise where to be ? (I know, it's off-season)

thanks

LaoPo

• 3 weeks later...