Ipods Mp3/mp4

marshbags

Can anyone supply advice/information on and give me the benefit of there experience before purchasing one.

I have been doing some research and have pinned down the Nano mp4 2gb and 4gb mp4

What additional facilities apart from video please as against an mp3 model.

Price quoted for the mp4 was 9,844 inc. vat, how would this compare to the U.K. prices.

I,ve tried some U.K. sites for a comparison but the models seem to be different.

Thanks in advance for any help. :o

marshbags :D:D:D

Can anyone supply advice/information on and give me the benefit of there experience before purchasing one.

I have been doing some research and have pinned down the Nano mp4 2gb and 4gb mp4

What additional facilities apart from video please as against an mp3 model.

Price quoted for the mp4 was 9,844 inc. vat, how would this compare to the U.K. prices.

I,ve tried some U.K. sites for a comparison but the models seem to be different.

Apple only has 3 Nanos available: 1/2/4 Gb.

None of these support video. Only the large (30/60gb) ipods do.

All of these play mp3s.

PM me if you want further help

EDIT: mp4 is the file format that is used by apple for the music that they sell on iTunes. AAC formatting has the file extention .m4a or .m4b All ipods support this

Edited by spog

Presuming you are asking about the 4 Gig, the set price in the States is $249, or about the price you were quoted.

That would lead me to believe it is probably the 2 or 1 Gig model.

Thai Apple prices always run at least 25~30% above US.

All things being equal, I would buy from my home country.

The "different models" issue points that direction.

Warranty and service could be an issue.

If you do buy in Thailand, be sure to buy from an Authorized Apple Reseller.

MacMart, 3rd floor, Pantip Plaza, has been my shop of choice for years.

There is also another Apple store a few shops away.

Apple only has 3 Nanos available: 1/2/4 Gb.

None of these support video. Only the large (30/60gb) ipods do.

All of these play mp3s.

PM me if you want further help

EDIT: mp4 is the file format that is used by apple for the music that they sell on iTunes. AAC formatting has the file extention .m4a or .m4b All ipods support this " quote "

Presuming you are asking about the 4 Gig, the set price in the States is $249, or about the price you were quoted.

That would lead me to believe it is probably the 2 or 1 Gig model.

Thai Apple prices always run at least 25~30% above US.

All things being equal, I would buy from my home country.

The "different models" issue points that direction.

Warranty and service could be an issue.

If you do buy in Thailand, be sure to buy from an Authorized Apple Reseller.

MacMart, 3rd floor, Pantip Plaza, has been my shop of choice for years.

There is also another Apple store a few shops away.

Thank you for your replies which have helped me a lot. :D

I,m due for a visit ti the U.K. soon so i,ll hold back until i,ve checked that end out.

Edited by marshbags

I'm not an Apple fun I think their products are overrated, my wife had two ipods and both had problems hanging up, draining batteries etc. As well as it appears that Nanos have their problems too - they get easily scratched see:

http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/08/nano-sc...uits-go-global/

I will wait for this:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(11...P3_Players.aspx

It was on gizmodo and engadget and called a possible Nano killer.

6gb flash, Mp3, FM radio, Photo, Video, 1.8" screen...

btw. Sandisk is the second after Apple (ok with a big margin)...

Edited by zoltannyc

its the eternal question....

i have a zen micro that had some minor issues but has performed excellently in th elast months. im not out of space and looking at th eipod60gb or creative visiosn m. tough call but this time round im leaning apple, creative service sucks.

iv eheard many isues w/ nano -check google and ipodhacks and lounge.

peace out

• 5 months later...

First of all thank you to you all for your advice and much appreciated interest and help.

A special thanks also to spog who has been trying to assist me via pm and showing his patience and understanding.

As the local ADSL is down and being updated i let the local shop take my comp. and monitor away to solve an intermittent problem.

The tech. assured me he,d just sorted another ipod out and could save the info for me.

Yes you,ve guessed it, it,s just come back with fuff all on it apart from some new stuff he,s put on.

Non of the original info saved. tut, tut, tut, tut, tut or words to that effect.

Yes i did curse him a little but alas " he no understand " and oh well it,s not the end of the world.

I feel a little upset as all your efforts and imput are wasted on my sitiuation.

Well not quite as i will save it all for future reference and just maybe someone else can use it also.

I was told that the original comp. was a mac and that,s why non of the methods suggested could be used to effect.

( according to an engineer in Bangkok who was assisting the local tech. anyway. )

Once again thanks, keep up the good work and the assisting of fellow comp/ T.Visa members.

It is not a wasted effort as it provided yet more insight and experience.

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

marshbags :o:D:D

I believe 9,844 baht would be for the 4 gB Nano iPod.

Prices (range, a few places I've looked/asked):

5,500 - 6,200 THB for the 1 Gb Nano iPod ($149 USD in the U.S.A. no vat/tax free shipping, maybe cheaper on eBay.)

7,500 - 8,300 THB for the 2 Gb Nano iPod. ($199 USD in the U.S.A.)

9,500 - 9,900 THB for the 4 Gb Nano iPod ($249 USD in the U.S.A.)

(There are specialized models, e.g. 60th Anniversary, that are more expensive.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/