We both live in Pattaya and Tukcom wasn't much help as some

dealers didn't stock or have access to my requested brand name

components.

If I did a 'day trip' to Bangkok, would Pantip Plaza be the place to

go or one of the other IT centers? The Thai Visa forum seems to

only list stores located in Pantip or Invadeit.th

Thanks

Gordon

I know Pantip has some stores selling performance stuff.

JIB has a small seperate store for the high end stuff, anther shop is called Jedicool...

Don't get a hart attack when seeing prices on higher end stuff though.

Standard stuff is pretty cheap here, middle end gets on the pricey side, high end expensive and hard to find!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

At Pantip Plaza the "enthusiast" corner is on the ground floor toward the back, beyond the central exhibit area. Look for TK-Comp on the corner, JediCool on another corner there. Also several others, look at the items in the window and you will spot the high-performance HSFs, mobos and similar. I get most of my gear there but the real exotic parts have to get from Newegg in USA.

just a follow up to what happened............

on Friday Dec 14 I sent emails to 4 stores requesting price and delivery

for two new-build desktop systems I wanted to buy........

They were:

Jedicool http://www.jedicool.com/ ....................never had any response or reply from them

TK Com http://www.tkcom99.com/.........never had any response or reply from them

Compute & More http://www.computeandmore.com/ had a quick reply but they just 'copied

& pasted' a few prices from their pricelist

with no other information included.....

Invadeit.th http://www.invadeit.co.th/.......had a very quick response from Thomas Skyum

acknowledging my request and that he would give

me a quote on Monday which he promptly did. we

have also had other correspondence regarding the

availability or compatability of my requested parts list

and have settled on a final components list.

A friend and I were each going to buy the new same desktop system with a total value of over 90,000 baht.

I just couldn't believe the indifference shown by most Thai computer shops I tried to contact or visited in person.

Invadeit.th was the only real company that took an interest in obtaining my business. anybody who has

wanted to do a new build desktop system outside of Bangkok knows how difficult it is to accomplish.....

such as the afternoon I wasted talking to several "computer experts" at Tukcom in Pattaya. So my advise

is to either do a 'day trip' to one of the IT Malls in Bangkok or just go right to Invadeit.th and get what you

want and more importantly......how you want it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Gordon

A few months ago when I was trying to track down a Silverstone computer case, I struck gold with HardwareHouse (http://www.hwhinter.com/price.php). I initially sent them an e-mail (to [email protected]) and got a prompt reply -- in English.

We arranged payment -- I paid at local bank in Hua Hin and e-mailed the details -- and they shipped (B200 delivery charge) the next day.

It was a pleasant surprise, as my previous experiences had all been as badsign posted above, with the same exception of Thomas at InvadeIT (who doesn't handle Silverstone computer cases.)

Emails in Thailand don't work very well.

You usually need to send one, and then follow up with a phone call to inform the recipients that they have received an email...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Exactly, esp if the email is in English. It wasn't that the other shops don't want your business. They probably didn't get the email for one reason or another.

Invadedit on the other hand is good about answering email, which is good because they often don't have something in stock and can't get it from their supplier, too. And prices might be a bit higher. Good service though!

A friend and I were each going to buy the new same desktop system with a total value of over 90,000 baht.

I just couldn't believe the indifference shown by most Thai computer shops I tried to contact or visited in person.

Unfortunately a very large percentage of sales staff are unskilled labour earning unskilled salaries with near zero technical knowledge and less interest in what they are supposed to be selling.

Another frustration is that many shops seem to sell exactly the same standard list of low-end gear (seemingly sourced from an unseen common distributor mysteriously lurking in the basement) and can't or won't order stuff in for love nor money.

looking for a-bit-better-quality products in Pantip and in Fortune, basically waste of time, and potentially you get a 'fareng' price.

Compute and More ( 4/F Pantip ) carry good products but not many brands. they update their pricelist on the web, and no bargain even Thai. high stock availability too.

InvadeIT is a very reliable internet shop with good service. they are not always expensive, some items they are lower price than those in Pantip ! once clear the payment, most likely you get the product in 2 days.

another internet IT shopping experience, payment in day 1 then sales emailed 'product ready-to-send' by EMS in day 2; actual they sent the product on day 4, and I received it on the day 6 :-(

Compute and More ( 4/F Pantip ) carry good products but not many brands. they update their pricelist on the web, and no bargain even Thai. high stock availability too.

Thanks for that tip. Their web site is well organized and laid out. Easy to find what you want. I just sent them an e-mail (fingers crossed!) about ordering via e-mail. I've been trying to track down a specific CoolerMaster cooler, and it's been quite elusive!