D-Link 2750U Wireless Router

Somtamnication

I need some brains as I have none.

I have installed countless routers and know what I am doing. But this one has me stumped.

All settings correct, even had TOT double check on the phone, but it does not connect to the internet.

My old router, also a D-link, 2640t, under STATUS, has a connect button. When connected, it shows a disconnect button.

This new router does not. No upstream nor downstream data whatsoever. I upgraded the firmware from 1.02 to 1.03 which fixes cutoffs. Nada. Reset it upteen times, re-input data, nothing.

Turning power off, or rebooting from within a browser does not help. I do not think it is even trying to connect to the internet.

Splitter and cables all replaced. Plug in the old router and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Common cause for lack of of basic connectivity is wrong setting type for DSL framing protocol. i.e PPPoE or PPPoA.

Another thing you can do is look at the flashing lights upon start-up and follow the units progress in making the link. Manual should explain these.

Visual inspection of copper pins on telephone jacks also worth doing.

Well, you're golden so I don't get in on this, LOL. I was about to ask if you checked for a switch or button which changes it from a router to a repeater. My D Link N has that dimn button right on top and if it gets pushed, game over until I (now quickly) figure it out.