Why Postage From Uk Is So Expensive ?

Sandman77

I always Must smiling how much in uk is charge for postage!

Just want buy a book around 2 kg and the woman wants 45pounds for it!

Also inside Europe uk charge more then double, then other eu country's!

Parcel force is the most expensive of all nearly 43 pounds!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Depends who you are using,buying,selling,posting,receiving,Amazon Free postage,Littlewood's as a customer Free.

Try some of the many other possibilities,DHL,TNT,Parceltogo,Parcelmonkey,Interlinkdirect.

Many many options available if you use your noggin.

why would you buy a book from UK which is most likely written in English

and not in German?

L-dog%20very%20cut%20small.jpg

why would you buy a book from UK which is most likely written in English

and not in German?

L-dog%20very%20cut%20small.jpg

Good point...

But: Mail/parcels from TH to EU are inexpensive. The other way around you can book a ticket and deliver yourself... [Or find a friend...]

• Like 1

An article in one of yesterday's UK papers pointed out the decline in the tradition of sending Christmas cards, due in no small part to the increase in second class postage from 36p to 50p. Fifty pence! - that was ten shillings when I was a lad, a week's pay for my paper-round.

Everything in the UK is expensive due to ever increasing high wage demands, increasing land/ rent costs due to people always wanting their property to be worth more, tax.

Why is this so high because the post office charge very high, other companies should be cheaper and or she makes her profits by over charging on the postage. Sellers with low starting prices often do.

I bought a football top from a seller in Bangkok on the web which he normally sells to the UK. He wanted about £20 to send it to Chonburi because it's his normal international price. It took about 8 emails to get him to something like 400B. I couldn't be bothered anymore. The postage cost was something like 20B.

But saying that it costs somerthing like 1000B per kilo using the Thai post office to the UK.

An article in one of yesterday's UK papers pointed out the decline in the tradition of sending Christmas cards, due in no small part to the increase in second class postage from 36p to 50p. Fifty pence!

50p second class! Send an email.

Received a Christmas card today, postage of £2.38. I wouldn't have bothered if I was my mother.

Of course it is expensive. Have you ever tried rowing a boat that far? And, just think of traveling by camel across the desert with those big bags of mail!

Father Christmas delivers everywhere in just one night and uses eco friendly reindeer.

• Like 1

Of course it is expensive. Have you ever tried rowing a boat that far? And, just think of traveling by camel across the desert with those big bags of mail!

Father Christmas delivers everywhere in just one night and uses eco friendly reindeer.

Good point, Only problem I see is that he only works one day a year! (and normally misses me out)