How Fast Are Honda 125 Scooters?

rene123

we got a 2 stroke yamaha speed 120-125cc not sure

i am 83kg and i can get 145k/h out of it still it is now about 8 years old and nothing modified,

regular oil change and plug thats it,

does not like to start, once it gets going its quite fast (for its category)

i know some of you chaps on the r1 and so get to 150k/h clap2.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for all your replies. I'm still on a learning curve when it comes to motorbikes. I've returned the 250 CBR to the rental agency and I'm back riding my scooter in the city.

So what do you think now that you had that 250 for awhile & are back on your scooter?

Do you feel like you need a bigger bike for what you do or are you thinking just more power

for the scooter?

Just curious :)

• Like 1

Thanks again for all your replies. I'm still on a learning curve when it comes to motorbikes. I've returned the 250 CBR to the rental agency and I'm back riding my scooter in the city.

So what do you think now that you had that 250 for awhile & are back on your scooter?

Do you feel like you need a bigger bike for what you do or are you thinking just more power

for the scooter?

Just curious smile.png

I like the scooter for around Chiang Mai, but I did like the CBR on the highway. I'm thinking of trying various motorbikes until I find something I might want to buy. I don't want a big bike that is hard to get through traffic or difficult parking. I do 95% of my riding in the city and the outskirts which are suitable for a scooter.

• Like 1

I like the scooter for around Chiang Mai, but I did like the CBR on the highway. I'm thinking of trying various motorbikes until I find something I might want to buy. I don't want a big bike that is hard to get through traffic or difficult parking. I do 95% of my riding in the city and the outskirts which are suitable for a scooter.

It is true that it is very hard to beat a scooter in between the cars in city driving

Also the under seat storage & the sipping of fuel economy.

Sometimes I wonder if that is why the cbr150 was so popular.

It is basically a scooter with better wheels & suspension in many ways.

albeit does not have that under seat trunk wink.png

Edited by mania

The CBR250 might be perfect, not too big, not too small and nimble through traffic. Having said that, 95% of the time my 650 is fine through Bangkok's worst traffic.

But the biggest advantage of that CBR250 over any scooter will be it's traction under hard braking. You'll only need one car to pull out in front of you, or cut you up to turn you into a paranoid mess every time you go back out on the same scooter. It’s not that the brakes aren’t upto much good, trust me they work just fine on most scooters. The fault is to be found with those poxy hard and skinny stock tyres they come with, added with the fact the front suspension bottoms out every time you ask more than 70% from the brakes, resulting in a locked front tyre for the inexperienced rider.

If you have a bit of spare cash you don't mind blowing on modifying a scooter, then a front fork upgrade as well as some good sticky tyres would make a world of difference, but there's still no getting away from the fact that the added stability, traction and braking performance of a 'bigger' bike would outshine most modified scooters and let’s not forget you’ll have a little more power in reserve to escape most scenarios on the Thai roads with something like a CBR250, which can be picked up secondhand for around 70k now smile.png

Just my opinion smile.png

That'll teach me for not reading to the bottom of a thread before posting, a CBR150 would be a great step up from a scooter too, the storage problem can be cured by fitting a Givi box or something similar to the rear.

Edited by karlos