Thai Women Getting Into Loas For A Holiday

I am planning a visa run to loas soon and would like to take my thai gf.. Now the problem is that she does not have a passport, I have heard rumours that you can buy like a tempory passport at the border.

Can anybody confirm this or give me any input on wot to do, i know the best thing would be to get a thai passport for her

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

She can get a border pass that will allow a 3 day stay. It will cost about 50 baht to get.

Their are several travel agencies just before the bridge where this can be obtained.

Probably the best is the one is at the bus station at bus station where the buses that cross the bridge operate from.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

She can get a border pass that will allow a 3 day stay. It will cost about 50 baht to get.

Their are several travel agencies just before the bridge where this can be obtained.

Probably the best is the one is at the bus station at bus station where the buses that cross the bridge operate from.

cheers that is much appreciated smile.png

Edited by Mario2008

Do u have any contacts at this office or numbers please

any more info on this 3 day loas passport for thai people that don't have a proper passport and where exactly to obtain it, this is the first time ive done this so im not quiet sure where to get it from

Also do thai's require a visa as well

I know I do

If I remember correctly, my (Thai) gf was allowed to enter Laos with just her Thai ID card (no passport needed). I think travel is restricted to Vientiane and no further.

If I remember correctly, my (Thai) gf was allowed to enter Laos with just her Thai ID card (no passport needed). I think travel is restricted to Vientiane and no further.

cheers bud thats where im planning on going, how long ago was this if u don't mind me asking?

Hi

I`m sure a Thai does not need a visa, went with my TGF last year and she didn`t require one, we went to Vientiane only, she applied for a passport previously at Bangkok, sent to our home within about 3-5 days.

Cost of passport was quite low.

I do believe a Thai can obtain entry with just an ID card.

any more info on this 3 day loas passport for thai people that don't have a proper passport and where exactly to obtain it, this is the first time ive done this so im not quiet sure where to get it from

I know I do

You need a visa (US$35 I think) but Thais don't.

An option for you is go to Laos via Nong Khai ... I have some Thai school teacher friends that live there and recently they went on a short tour with friends from southern Thailand into Laos. Some had Thai passports - some in the group had just the three day pass. They took a tour bus from the Thai side crossed the Mekong - quite a view... Then went on a scenic fairly short ride to Vientiane - shopping, visit the Temples, sight seeing, restaurants and returned very late the same day. All went very well. It seems as long as they were part of the tour group - wearing the little badge - there were few restrictions except to stay with the group. I am reasonably sure you could get your passport/visa pages stamped at the Nong Khai bridge or in Vientiane.

Thai's without a passport need what is called a 'border pass'.

Border passes can be obtained at a booth immediately before the immigration area on production of a Thai ID card. Cost is nominal and provides entry for 3 days into Laos.

Otherwise a Thai passport will given an automatic 30 day entry into Laos (no cost).

I know I do

They get stamped in for free for 30 day stay