Motoaholic In Bkk Called As My New Z1000 Arrived

yankee99

Did 200 kilos about 3-4 hours from bkk to pattaya. I was lost getting out of bkk. Here are some of my first impressions.

1. with me and the wife about 145kilos the brakes seem weak. In general i normally use the front only [not a good habit] but found myself pulling hard on the lever and pressing hard on the pedal.

2. Not thrilled with the mirrors but this may be a adjustment.

3. The bike seems to need the start switch pressed twice.

4. I found myself riding up on the tank. Maybe when i ride solo this will change.

5. used 500 baht of gas bkk to pattaya

ok the good

1. Absolutely no fatigue in my hands, wrists or any part of my upper body [10 minutes on a ducati monster had more discomfort.

2. very maneuverable in bkk traffic. Not like a scooter but close to my dtracker

3. When you drop it in first its like butter most of the time silent. I thought it wasnt in gear but it always was.

4. this is one smooth engine . Its amazing with virtually no vibration

5. I kept it under 5-6k but i know its got amazing power

will get some pics tomorrow and post as i can remember more

Did 200 kilos about 3-4 hours from bkk to pattaya. I was lost getting out of bkk. Here are some of my first impressions.

1. with me and the wife about 145kilos the brakes seem weak. In general i normally use the front only [not a good habit] but found myself pulling hard on the lever and pressing hard on the pedal.

4. I found myself riding up on the tank. Maybe when i ride solo this will change.

ok the good

1. Absolutely no fatigue in my hands, wrists or any part of my upper body [10 minutes on a ducati monster had more discomfort.

2. very maneuverable in bkk traffic. Not like a scooter but close to my dtracker

3. When you drop it in first its like butter most of the time silent. I thought it wasnt in gear but it always was.

Hey was that you I just passed and pipped my horn and gave you the thumbs up on the 7 motorway back into Pattaya?

You had someone on the back???

ok the good

Hey was that you I just passed and pipped my horn and gave you the thumbs up on the 7 motorway back into Pattaya?

yes you had leathers on ? left handed thumbs as you went by me like i was sleeping.

Edited by yankee99

Congrats on the bike, now how about some piccies? Please?!

I wasn't that impressed with the Z1000 looks but the new colors - retro I suppose - are very cool IMO. Can't believe this bike is lighter than the Z800 *and* has 40 HP more.

As for the brakes, did you break in the brake pads? If not, it might take a while for them to achieve optimal performance. Also the tires are slippery when new. Take it easy with the beast...

ok the good

yes you had leathers on ? left handed thumbs as you went by me like i was sleeping.

Yes hahaha nice 1 thumbsup.gif

Once your brakes are bedded in you'll be doing a stoppie at every traffic lights 555

Here's a link of a video I took today

Enjoy your bike kap wai2.gif

congradulations on the bike. What kind of a visa do you have for the financing and how did they work it out.

I am on a marriage visa. Typical paper work of visas and bank statements. I also had a yellow house book. My wife signed and 25% down

congradulations on the bike. What kind of a visa do you have for the financing and how did they work it out.

I am on a marriage visa. Typical paper work of visas and bank statements. I also had a yellow house book. My wife signed and 25% down

o ok basicaly in the wwifes name nice looking bike Edited by moe666

o ok basicaly in the wwifes name nice looking bike

No its in my name 100% She is a co-signer on the loan. When the last payment is made the book is in my name 100%. When payments arent made they will look for the co-signer to pay.

I do not understand %50 during first 1000 km.

Do they recommend it Thai style :lol: or is it written in the manual?

Cool bike man. Envy you. Get some evil eye talisman for sore eyes and get it labelled with relics by monks in a temple for couple of hundred bahts just for precaution haha:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thats the thai way. I read the manual last night and its very different. First 600 miles under 4000rpm. 600-1000 miles under 6000 rpm. I will stick with the book . Same with gas got misleading that advice. Thai says 95 benz first. 91 benz second. 95 gasahol third choice. The book says never use 91 benz or gasahol. I have been runnig only 95 gasahol.

• 2 weeks later...