What Adsl Options I Have At Sukhumvit 36 Besides Tot?

Lorin

I am moving to the new condo next week situated on the corner of Sukhumvit 36 in Bangkok. The area belongs to TOT, but i had very bad experience with that company ADSL and their "no service". Any other options available there? I need ADSL, not 3G as I am heavy user. Thank you for input.

True, 3bb , 3bb wifi, cat are there. Yeah, the torrent kings are living there. And shared bandwidth is a mess than.

True is a mess if you try Voice over IP. they do traffic shaping and prioritise their own voip service. I would not run a PBX with them.

Edited by JakeBKK

Try to get True Ultra Cable internet if you can. But no matter what you use in Sukhumvit, your internet will always be slow due to Farang overpopulation in Sukhumvit!

Really? I use True's Ultra cable service here in Asoke and have no issues with speed whatsoever despite being surrounded by farangs.

As for the traffic shaping someone else mentioned, I've found that easy to circumvent with OpenVPN (not PPTP or L2TP)

• 3 weeks later...

True, 3bb , 3bb wifi, cat are there. Yeah, the torrent kings are living there. And shared bandwidth is a mess than.

True is a mess if you try Voice over IP. they do traffic shaping and prioritise their own voip service. I would not run a PBX with them.

True is not available at Noble Remix, only TOT, made 12 MB package, gives me 2-8 MB depends on the time of the day, torrents are fine. Pretty stable.

>I am moving to the new condo next week situated on the corner of Sukhumvit 36 in Bangkok

Not wishing to change topic but how is the condo? From the outside the building looks a monstrous and cold steel factory? Are the facilities inside more comfortable and homely?

The condo is fine as long as you stay not on Sukhumvit side as its too noisy, pool is long, gym is fine, staff is helpful and friendly. The view is great..:)