' New Breed' Teachers Take Over In Pattani

webfact

'New breed' teachers take over in Pattani

SUPITCHA RATTANA

THE NATION

30196462-01_big.jpg

PATTANI: -- A crop of "new breed" teachers have taken up their posts at schools in Pattani, replacing those who requested to move out of the southern province's violence-prone areas.

They came from the "new breed teacher" project of the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre, which aims to upgrade education in the five-province area, Pattani Governor Pramuk Lamul said yesterday.

The situation in Pattani is getting better under tightened security measures, Pramuk said,

Due to recent attacks on teachers, about 1,300 schools in Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala have suspended classes due to safety concerns.

Especially hard hit was Ban Tha Kam Cham School in Pattani's Nong Chik district, where gunmen killed the school's headmistress last month, prompting three teachers to leave for other schools.

Pramuk welcomed the "new breed" teachers. "The centre has already provided our province enough teachers," he said.

In Narathiwat, 118 teachers have requested to move to safer schools in the province; 80 others have requested to move out of Narathiwat. Soldiers have been teaching classes in some schools that have been left without enough teachers.

Teachers have also asked to move out of schools in Yala.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-20

Not much information on what is special about this 'new breed' of teachers.

Not much about what is new about security other than it is 'tighter'.

You are correct in that I also wondered what made up the "New Breed". What struck me though was that there are (some) soldiers taking up the slack and ... THAT! impresses me.

"The situation in Pattani is getting better under tightened security measures, Pramuk said,"

Just because nobody was killed the last three days? Thai/Muslim teachers with a towel on their heads would be the best prevention--w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai

I don't believe it matters if you are Buddhist or Muslim, if you work for a gov't school, you are a target. I believe the same is true for any area of gov't employment--I note a lot of the village headmen and chiefs are Muslim, but are still killed.

• Like 2

"The situation in Pattani is getting better under tightened security measures, Pramuk said,"

Just because nobody was killed the last three days? Thai/Muslim teachers with a towel on their heads would be the best prevention--w00t.gif

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Unfortunately, you are wrong. The attacks are against anyone, indescriminant of their religion, race, sex etc, because they do not abide by Muslim teachings in government schools. The only teachers which are not a target are those which teach within the Islamist Schools which do teach the Koran (yes, the same as the madrassas in Pakistan etc, making them recite for hours on end).

There is no solution, as the murders are the outcome of the problem. The murders will stop when the Government properly identifies the cause and meets it with sufficient force to overcome it.

The problem in far southern Thailand is not just a Thailand problem - it is worldwide. This is going on in western Burma, a dozen or more countries in Africa, in Central/Western Europe, in Scandinavia, in the U.S.A., the U.K. and on and on. Some countries in Europe are losing their cultural identity because of the numbers of 'new residents'. This violent nonsense continues to run mostly unabated because the host countries will not take the necessary steps to deal with it - largely because of the cancer of Political Correctness. China is about the only country that has subdued it ... Russia fought nasty wars to stop it -- but not fully ... Switzerland is putting up a good fight. But as long as we cannot call the problem what it is - even on this forum venue - we will lose in the end.