What Price To Put On Bike?

norwaygeir

Afther almost getting killed twice in two days, by stuped overtaking thais in their picups, I'm thinking of selling my bike. I'm not sure what price to put on it. It's a original honda magna VF750c year 95. The bike is in very nice state, original paint, and the only thing I've done with her is: re-jetting the engine, change the regulator, put on some othe mufflers on the exhause to make bether sound, sissybar. The crome is nice to.

It have done 14000 miles (6500 of them by me in the last three years). Have green book.

Any suggestions on price?

You know I have no idea but,

For fun sometimes I look at the Kelly Blue Book of prices for used

motorcycles.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/

I am surprised it usually is close if you use retail price not trade in price

for many motorcycles you see sold here

For instance putting your bike in it says 82k THB ( converted price from USD to THB )

Looking on mocyc dot come there is a 1982 VFsabre for sale at 75k

http://mocyc.com/mar...vf750ssabre1982

So maybe just a ball park idea?

Edited by mania

look at some of the thailand for sale sites,it'll give ya A good idea.There are some places in thailand i just won't ride.If it's heavily populated likeBangkok forget it. forget it.Chiangmai can be A challenge.

Chiang Mai is a challenge? That place is a breeze, I ride in Bangkok every day.

I have to say that I have become a bit of a self-confessed expert on certain kinds of bikes and prices, as I just just spent seven months looking to buy one.

The first thing is that it's registered and has the green book - all 750 Magnas seem to be. That makes it saleable, regardless of value!

It's a "second series" Magna - the first series ran from 82 - 88, and had the stylish and unique double upswept pipes which seem to sought after. These seem to sell quickly. I can say that I have not seen a first-series at less than 100K - one was recently being advertised in Phuket for 125K.

(Personally I would be put off by the idea of a bike that is 30 years old - although I don't suppose it makes much different if a bike is 20 years or 30 years. If it's been maintained and cared for and had the same owner for a while . . .)

Yours looks in very good condition. Prices vary with the year, of course, and the bikes (Dragstars, Slashers, Vulcans etc) made after 2000 are the ones that people are asking high prices for - I've seen very-slightly customised versions with asking prices of 170K and up. But were you to ask 90K or 100K for yours (as one person has suggested) - it's too low. You would have several people after it and it would be sold inside a week, with people traveling from all over to come and see it.

I would pitch it at 139,000B and stress its condition and how well looked-after it is. It's an attractive bike, will attract interest, and you can always edge your price down a bit to accommodate offers.

Good luck with the sale!

Cheers,

Rob

There's one I've just spotted now in Chiang Mai at 160K.

http://classifieds.t...0cc-201773.html

R

I know that bike, we staying at the same island, so I've met him a couple of times. I think he tried to sell it last year also, then asking for 180. It's in god condison, but have more than twice as much km on the clock. And my bike look nicer and sound nicer.

I think his price is high, but maybe someone is willing to pay the price, or maybe he put in room for som bargaining.

^^BS...get a life apart from your keyboard

What's wrong with an onest opinion govna? Get out of bed on the wall side ay! The bikes 17 years old and probably only appeals to a slim percentage of bike luvers. Good luck to him if he can get more dosh....but someone has to really really want it at the quoted figures of 80-100k baht.