Visa Run To Kuala Lumpur

hotshot

Just set up a new company and need a new WP, so I decided to do a visa run but I am not sure if KL do issue?

My last visa run for a 3 months Non B visa was at Penang.....but I hate that long bus ride!!

Or maybe Singapore???

Thanks in advance...I need some input SOON as my current visa expire 19th Feb! :o

Hi mate,

As far as I'm aware it's only Penang and Singapore that are closest and do the 3 month visa. Having gone to both places to do it I preferred Singapore, twice I got a good deal with Silk Air who sometimes run a 3 day/2 nights hotel package that works out very well, you can check if they're doing a promo now at any travel agency - although being February maybe not.

Penang was ok, but Singapore had better extras.

Oh, one thing - if there is a package deal you might have to extend it by one night - I think you arive in Singapore 20 minutes after the Thai embassy closes it's doors for the day.

Yes KL is very good for non-B. Take a lot of paperwork with you (every document). Get a cheap air asia flight, hotels are cheap there. Great shopping as well. The embassy is on Jalan Ampang (spelling?). Go there for about 9am the first morning, fill out form and handover documents then come back the next day at around 10/30/11am to pick up visa.

Yes KL is very good for non-B. Take a lot of paperwork with you (every document). Get a cheap air asia flight, hotels are cheap there. Great shopping as well. The embassy is on Jalan Ampang (spelling?). Go there for about 9am the first morning, fill out form and handover documents then come back the next day at around 10/30/11am to pick up visa.

Yep I go to KL and get my non-im-b visa. Been there 4 times now.

I stay at the crown princess a 5 minute walk from the Thai embassy. Lots of shopping and good food very close.

Cheap direct flight from Phuket on Malasia airlines. Nice train ride from airport to downtown. 10 minute cab ride from train station to hotel. Easy peasy!

It's important to get there early, they open a 9:00 am and get's crowded fast.

Remember also the is a one hour time difference to account for too.

Edited by kasi