Australian's Girlfriend Dies After Fall From 19Th Floor Apartment: Pattaya

webfact

Makes a change from the reverse scenario.

Farang jumps/falls => certain suicide, case closed

Thai person => investigation

Alcohol + balcony = die sure

Obviously, not all persons react the same way to being drunk.

I can alos say that I have been drunk many times and never felt the urge to kill myself while being drunk.

Alcohol as well as other drugs impair judgement and are not the direct cause to stupid actions.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drink it daily, never falled from a balkony or have thoughts about killing myself because of drinking alcohol.

Not drinking enough. sad.png

No reason to listen to him, he's an admitted alcoholic.

My dear old granny would have a tot of whisky before bed every night. I didn't know she was an alchy, oh the shame :(

• Like 1

I drink it daily, never falled from a balkony or have thoughts about killing myself because of drinking alcohol.

Not drinking enough. sad.png

No reason to listen to him, he's an admitted alcoholic.

My dear old granny would have a tot of whisky before bed every night. I didn't know she was an alchy, oh the shame sad.png

Alcoholism is a broad term for problems with alcohol, and is generally used to mean compulsive and uncontrolled consumption of alcoholic beverages, usually to the detriment of the drinker's health, personal relationships, and social standing.

Edited by Jayman

Makes a change from the reverse scenario.

I can alos say that I have been drunk many times and never felt the urge to kill myself while being drunk.

Alcohol as well as other drugs impair judgement and are not the direct cause to stupid actions.

the point is: they don't impair everybody's judgement and reactions in the same way and extent - as with almost every other thing in life, people are not equal in the face of alcohol or drugs.

the point is: they don't impair everybody's judgement and reactions in the same way and extent - as with almost every other thing in life, people are not equal in the face of alcohol or drugs.

I never quantified the amount of impairment.. only stated that they impair judgement. Are you saying that some people have NO impairment at all from drinking/drugs? If so, then why would they consume them?

Edited by Jayman

I'm starting to wonder if this is the place to come to knock someone off. It's just a little too common to be coincidence.

On the other hand, are the railings build by "standards" based on short little Asian people. When you get off the boat

at Saphan Thaksin or anywhere for that matter, the rail is well below the hip. I think a small "bump" and over one would go.

What is the standard height for a safety rail around a balcony? whistling.gif

Above a height of 12m the safety rail must be a minimum of 110cm high, the struts not more than 12cm away from each other (according to German law)

Pathically sad. Why does someone have to kill themselves or be killed over a relationship like this that is purely transactional in nature?

As a previous poster said: 'Alcohol'

Fallen & Balcony. coffee1.gif ............................laugh.png ......................sorry. smile.png

Alcoholism is a broad term for problems with alcohol, and is generally used to mean compulsive and uncontrolled consumption of alcoholic beverages, usually to the detriment of the drinker's health, personal relationships, and social standing.

I wasn't aware of sempers admitted alcoholism, I was just replying to his everyday drinking post.

Note to self pay more attention :(

Another poorly written story from those that sell this crap news. How old was the girl? What floor did she fall from? I mean, how hard is it to proofread a story before sending it to press? At least be consistent in your headlines and the first paragraph of the story <deleted>.

Oh yeah, and from the same news agency that claims it's against their own policy to show bodies yet that is exactly what they have done here. Showing the foreign boyfriend on his hands and knees in front of his dead girlfriend.

Very classy indeed guys.

( In keeping with our policy of NOT posting photographs of dead bodies, these photographs have been heavily edited)

What a laugh from those that exploit tragedy for a baht.

i cant stand that every time i click on the source, their streaming audio comes blasting out of my speakers.

Sometimes the surprise song choice is okay

I think that, from now on, for stories of this kind the required background music should be "Flying without wings" by Westlife. And if this stuff continues, somebody should turn it into the Pattaya theme song.

• Like 1

I think that, from now on, for stories of this kind the required background music should be "Flying without wings" by Westlife. And if this stuff continues, somebody should turn it into the Pattaya theme song.

Having to watch that video clip is punishment for any crime

If we disregard the alcohol and balcony thing. Am I the only one thinking there's something wrong with a 55 year old having a 19 year old kid as a girlfriend?

Yes. coffee1.gif

Thousands of 19 year old kids died for their country. Doing a mans job, yes they were men at 19. I see no difference.

Is there an official body count of how many jumpers/falls in Pattaya or Thailand as a whole? This is unusual because it's usually the farang who falls not the Thai GF. Generally, "defenestration" is a really hard crime to prove. That's why the various "alphabet agencies" used it so much during the Cold War.

Edited by KuhnPaen

Another poorly written story from those that sell this crap news. How old was the girl? What floor did she fall from? I mean, how hard is it to proofread a story before sending it to press? At least be consistent in your headlines and the first paragraph of the story <deleted>.

Oh yeah, and from the same news agency that claims it's against their own policy to show bodies yet that is exactly what they have done here. Showing the foreign boyfriend on his hands and knees in front of his dead girlfriend.

Very classy indeed guys.

( In keeping with our policy of NOT posting photographs of dead bodies, these photographs have been heavily edited)

Hear ! Hear ! Total lack of morality in reporting with no sensitivity .

Just more sensationalised the better. Sic

I said in another item .. The body count seems to be getting higher & quicker thius season

Hope it is just an impression & not reality.

55 with 19 y.o. girlfriend ??

Dying in combat or as a cop on the street as a 19 y.o. is a little different than as a lover of a person 36 years your senior & full of alcohol..

Observation only

• Like 1

If we disregard the alcohol and balcony thing. Am I the only one thinking there's something wrong with a 55 year old having a 19 year old kid as a girlfriend?

Yes. coffee1.gif

Thousands of 19 year old kids died for their country. Doing a mans job, yes they were men at 19. I see no difference.

Sorry, but I don't understand your reasoning. blink.png

• Like 1

Yes. coffee1.gif

At 19, man or woman is considered a, well, man or woman, not a kid. Old enough to make life's decisions and pay the ultimate price. If a woman of 19 wants to team up with an older guy, that is her decision for her life's needs. Why should anyone judge what is considered an adult or a kid at 19. If you can sacrifice your life by your governments orders at 19, you are an adult.
  • Like 1

Yes. coffee1.gif

At 19, man or woman is considered a, well, man or woman, not a kid. Old enough to make life's decisions and pay the ultimate price. If a woman of 19 wants to team up with an older guy, that is her decision for her life's needs. Why should anyone judge what is considered an adult or a kid at 19. If you can sacrifice your life by your governments orders at 19, you are an adult.

Well, I was thinking about the 55 year old guy. What can he possible have in common with an 19 year old/young adult female?

Is there an official body count of how many jumpers/falls in Pattaya or Thailand as a whole? This is unusual because it's usually the farang who falls not the Thai GF. Generally, "defenestration" is a really hard crime to prove. That's why the various "alphabet agencies" used it so much during the Cold War.

Posting those numbers would be bad for tourism.

• Like 1

Yes. coffee1.gif

Here's what I think Transam is getting at. What were you doing when you were 19? At 19 I'd been working for a number of years, bought my first home, turned up to work every day, paid my taxes and other bills on time. In short at 19 I knew what I was responsible for and what I was doing. At 19 I was making real decisions about my life and what it was going to be like. At 19 I was an adult and made adult choices and accepted the consequences for those decisions. A 19 year old is capable of making his or her own decisions because they're not a child. As we age we sometimes forget what we were capable of at 19 because now it seems so young to us but at the time it wasn't so young that we couldn't make our own choices. What was the 55 year old doing with her? Making his own choices that he has to live with.

Exactly. smile.png

Very classy indeed guys.

Does it really matter whether it was the 15th or the 19th floor? Dead is dead, and a tragedy is a tragedy. What a shame for a loss of life to happen for something so petty.

• Like 1

TA. And no offense intended.

But, as you said, "If you can sacrifice your life by your governments orders at 19, you are an adult." In my opinion, 19 or thereabout is the age when you can follow orders like that. There's a reason governments use young people at war. Can you imagine governments giving the same orders to let's say 40 year olds, and accepting the same results?

Very classy indeed guys.

Does it really matter whether it was the 15th or the 19th floor? Dead is dead, and a tragedy is a tragedy. What a shame for a loss of life to happen for something so petty.

Yeah.. who cares how accurate the story is, as long as they include the money shot to impress their readership..

Funny, the one guy that gave you the "like" works for the guys who published the article.

TA. And no offense intended.

But, as you said, "If you can sacrifice your life by your governments orders at 19, you are an adult." In my opinion, 19 or thereabout is the age when you can follow orders like that. There's a reason governments use young people at war. Can you imagine governments giving the same orders to let's say 40 year olds, and accepting the same results?

think we are talking about the word kid. Kid to me means a child, children. If you are correct in your thought, what do you think about ''children'' being sent to war by a first world country ?

Whoa. Deja vu!

Recipe for disaster:

large age difference

conflicting cultures

communication problems

lots of alcohol

high-rise condo

inadequate balcony railing

popular tourist destination in Thailand

Yes all these things you well noted

But for me i must question the number of farang who voluntarily jump/fall off buildings here. You would think these people who, past a certain age, have got very drunk many time in their own country before...but they did never think to jump off the balcony in Australia.

So why is it? so many do come to Thailand and jump off balcony?

Incredible stories really,if you were a suspicious person you might think there be a balcony pusher serial killer on the loose in Pattayablink.png

• Like 1