Appeals Court Puts Hold On California Gay Conversion Ban

MrRealDeal

The LA Times article is very confusing. I understand the law would prevent therapists from trying to convince minors to change their sexual orientation. So, if a 15 year-old says he is gay, then that's OK now, according to the High Court, and should not be changed.

Let me get this right: The Christians sued against this law and won, so now there is nothing to prevent the parents from trying to change their children's sexual orientation (which wouldn't work anyway).

Wouldn't it be better to educate the parents mind to play with their children's minds? Wouldn't it be up to the therapists' association (whatever it may be called) to tell their members not to offer such unethical therapy or be punished?

I agree with OP, children shouldn't be forced by their parents to become straight when they are really gay. What kind of sick parents these must be. And sick therapists. bah.gif

• Like 1

The LA Times article is very confusing. I understand the law would prevent therapists from trying to convince minors to change their sexual orientation. So, if a 15 year-old says he is gay, then that's OK now, according to the High Court, and should not be changed.

Let me get this right: The Christians sued against this law and won, so now there is nothing to prevent the parents from trying to change their children's sexual orientation (which wouldn't work anyway).

Wouldn't it be better to educate the parents mind to play with their children's minds? Wouldn't it be up to the therapists' association (whatever it may be called) to tell their members not to offer such unethical therapy or be punished?

I agree with OP, children shouldn't be forced by their parents to become straight when they are really gay. What kind of sick parents these must be. And sick therapists. bah.gif

What does this 'therapy' consist of? Anybody got details, please.