Cycling Jerseys

Mr Conrad

Well I finally bit the bullet and transported my road bike (Giant TCR) over to Nakhon Phanom from Aberdeen.

This was my first time riding in temperatures like this, can anybody recommend a light weight (really breathable) brand of cycling jerseys. I took three short sleeve tops with me, two are Midas brand and I think a bit heavy for over here, the other one is a Lusso top and seems slightly better. Is it just a case of sticking with the more quality brands ?

Any input much appreciated.

Regards

Go to Bicycle Thailand www.bicyclethailand.com Click on "Shop". They have a number of very good lightweight cycling jerseys perfect for this c;limate. I have purcahsed 6 of these and use them exclusively. Lots of ventilation and an added pocket on each sleeve along with the 3 in back. These sizes run slightly small for us westerners so I would advise ordering 1 size larger than you would normally wear. I'm 5'10" 200lbs and ordered a size XXL .

I hope this helps.

Go to Bicycle Thailand www.bicyclethailand.com Click on "Shop". They have a number of very good lightweight cycling jerseys perfect for this c;limate. I have purcahsed 6 of these and use them exclusively. Lots of ventilation and an added pocket on each sleeve along with the 3 in back. These sizes run slightly small for us westerners so I would advise ordering 1 size larger than you would normally wear. I'm 5'10" 200lbs and ordered a size XXL .

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the link fdimike will try and order one of their jerseys and see how they are. Is their delivery service any good ?

I also came across this jersey on Chain Reaction Cycles website whilst browsing last night, says it's good for temperatures greater than 28.0 C

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=89225

Regards

I've ordered from Chain Reaction before but it will take a couple of weeks to get here.

I believe delivery can be made in a day or two by Express Mail Service (EMS) which is normally very good here in Thailand.

Not a problem, I'm actually back in the UK at present, I travel back out to Nakhon Phanom in early February.

Not quite full expat status just yet, travel back and forth 5 times a year until I stop working in 2015.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

A good shop for cycle stuff is www.alwaysriding.co.uk (I have no connection to this website). They don't have a huge range of stuff but they do stock Craft stuff which I really like. I have bought from there when I was in the UK and also from Thailand. Their P&P to Thailand is very reasonable.