Emergency Medical Institute Of Thailand Braces For New Year Holidays

webfact

EMIT braces for new year holidays

The Nation

30196741-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Emergency Medical Institute of Thailand (EMIT) has amassed additional equipment and manpower to ensure extra road safety during the four-day New Year holiday break, acting secretary-general Prajakwit Lebnak said yesterday.

The 300 lines for the 1669 EMIT hotline service have been increased to 500, while the amount of equipment and vehicles for emergency services has been increased to 11,138 basic teams, 1,796 advanced service teams, 14,189 emergency vehicles and ambulances, 100 helicopters and 1,218 boats - all of which will be operated by 112,945 personnel around the clock, he said.

A senior doctor, Chatbodin Jettanasilapin, expressed worry over the increased number of new cars bought under the government's first-car policy.

Many will be in the hands |of rookie drivers, likely contributing to a greater risk of accidents, he said.

Actor and long-time rescue volunteer Bin Banluerit said drowsiness and sleeping at the wheel were dangers equal to drunk driving. He said a three-hour period near dawn from 3am was most prone to accidents, as sleepy motorists tended to drive fastest on roads during the quietest period.

Bangkok-based police have launched an anti-crime campaign from now until after the holiday break, focusing on the protection of business areas and convenience stores - especially during New Year's Eve and the four-day break.

All officers tasked with these duties are encouraged to work during the period without taking leave, said a senior commander, Pol Maj-General Adul Narongsak.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-25

Not to worry. They have restricted the hours for which people can buy alcohol, and have asked people not to drive when they have been drinking. Considering how well the Thai population obeys all laws and have high regard for the safety of all people, there should be almost no auto crashes this New Year holidayrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif .

"Bangkok-based police have launched an anti-crime campaign from now until after the holiday break, focusing on the protection of business areas and convenience stores - especially during New Year's Eve and the four-day break."

I wonder how much that "protection" is going to cost the business owners. I suppose the biggest worry we should have is a shortage of tea, since there will be a lot of money earmarked for that commoditywai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif .

• Like 2

sorry to read such a posting but all things said it comes down to self discipline which does not exist in Thailand

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

In the case of the majority of Farangs here in Thailand, I agree, most I know are serial drunk drivers.

You would think they would know better, but once they get to Thailand, no self discipline, agreed.

• Like 1

sorry to read such a posting but all things said it comes down to self discipline which does not exist in Thailand

In the case of the majority of Farangs here in Thailand, I agree, most I know are serial drunk drivers.

You would think they would know better, but once they get to Thailand, no self discipline, agreed.

Or could it be that they did not have it in their home country either.

• Like 1

Probably not, but if one was to take this or any other anonymous internet forum you would think the Thais are the only ones who commit traffic offences and all the Farangs are model citizens, it just ain't so in reality.

If every car and motorcycle was stopped and every driver breath tested in Pattaya at anytime, night or day, there would be many Farangs caught in the net, dare I say, even ThaiVisa members.

The Thais are bad and Farangs are good attitude often displayed here is laughable.

• Like 2

"BANGKOK: -- The Emergency Medical Institute of Thailand (EMIT) has amassed additional equipment and manpower to ensure extra road safety during the four-day New Year holiday break, acting secretary-general Prajakwit Lebnak said yesterday."

​Is it possible that they live in another country? Extra road safety for people without a driver's license and idiots on the roads?--biggrin.png

• Like 1

Probably not, but if one was to take this or any other anonymous internet forum you would think the Thais are the only ones who commit traffic offences and all the Farangs are model citizens, it just ain't so in reality.

If every car and motorcycle was stopped and every driver breath tested in Pattaya at anytime, night or day, there would be many Farangs caught in the net, dare I say, even ThaiVisa members.

The Thais are bad and Farangs are good attitude often displayed here is laughable.

If you really want to learn how to drive a car, you're more than welcome in lower north east.---wai2.gif

I'd be less worried about rookie drivers in brand new cars than drunk rich kids in fast ones.

Right, and how can anyone take this seriously when hit and run cop killers are allowed to stand free at liberty anywhere they want while news of the warrants and follow up and any justice application is squashed and suppressed?

Not to worry. They have restricted the hours for which people can buy alcohol, and have asked people not to drive when they have been drinking. Considering how well the Thai population obeys all laws and have high regard for the safety of all people, there should be almost no auto crashes this New Year holidayrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif .

"Bangkok-based police have launched an anti-crime campaign from now until after the holiday break, focusing on the protection of business areas and convenience stores - especially during New Year's Eve and the four-day break."

I wonder how much that "protection" is going to cost the business owners. I suppose the biggest worry we should have is a shortage of tea, since there will be a lot of money earmarked for that commoditywai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif .

Yesss!!! We found a police corruption angle right away! Kudos to anyone who can create a smily icon that resembles Daffy Duck saying "What a maroon!" tongue.png

A senior doctor, Chatbodin Jettanasilapin, expressed worry over the increased number of new cars bought under the government's first-car policy.

Many will be in the hands |of rookie drivers, likely contributing to a greater risk of accidents, he said.

DO you think experience in idiot driving is any better ????

'All officers tasked with these duties are encouraged to work during the period without taking leave, said a senior commander, Pol Maj-General Adul Narongsak.'

How? A promise of rich pickings? Or the threat of traffic control duties for a year?