Non O Marriege Visa Papers

Hello to all,i had 1 year ago a non O marriege visa to make a tamien baan,(yellow book)I had a marriege certificate and a birth certificate made here in the Netherlands.Now i wanna go stay in Thailand with my Thai wife.

Must i make the certificates again?>My wife said u not have to make again,becouse u have the yellow book now.Just get non O marriege visa,then we take to yellow book(where i made all the certificates for, 1 year ago).And we go bangkok and make a 1year visa for u.Is that right or must i just make it all again?

Where were your originally married? If not in Thailand you will first have to translate your marriage certificate/certify and register that at a District Office here before you can obtain Thai Wife one year extensions of stay (but it appears your wife is saying you have done this when you applied for the yellow book?). There is no marriage visa but there is a non immigrant O visa which you should get prior to travel (single for one 90 day stay or multi for a year). If you qualify for one year extensions of stay you do this in the province that you live (immigration offices in most now). Birth certificate mean you also have a Thai child? That would open parent extension as well as Thai wife.

thx for reply,my wife left last sunday to thailand.I will follow her in 2 months.1year ago,i had made a tamien baan(yellow book).I needed a extract birth registration and a extract from my marriage registration here in Netherlands.My wife told me now,that i not need that birth and marriage paper made again,becouse we have the yellow book now.I think it is better to make again,just to be sure.I am married here in Netherlands 17 years ago

Edited by dreetje

As have seen reports (believe from your country) of real issues getting paperwork while here so would agree get what you can before coming here. Your wife may well be right (who would be dumb enough to question) but best to be sure as it may be slightly different procedure (as you really do not need to be married for having name on yellow book).

What yu need to do is have the marrige certificate legalised in bangkok by the Dutch embassy. Next you have it translated into Thai and then legalised by the Thai MFA. When that is done you take the papers to any amphur and have the marriage recorded at any amphur in Thailand and you will get a khor rhor 22 certificate of that which you show immirgation.

It is very possible that the amphur already recorded your marriage, so have your wife check with them first if your foreign marrige is registerd in Thailand. She can inquire at any amphur if her marrige is registered.If so, you of course not need to do it again but can simply ask for a new khor rhor 22 form from the amphur a week beforee you go to Thai immigration fro the 1 year extension of stay.

thx for reply guys.I needed last year a marriage and birth certificate to make a yellowbook.I did that 1 year ago,now i am back in holland,my wife is in thailand ,i wanna stay there with her now.i think i make it again i think ,just to be sure.i think that papers only can make in holland,dutch ambassy not make it .i asked that 2 years ago already.i think its more wise to do.thx for ur replys,i gonne do it all again the paperworks i guess.:((

thx for reply guys.I needed last year a marriage and birth certificate to make a yellowbook.I did that 1 year ago,now i am back in holland,my wife is in thailand ,i wanna stay there with her now.i think i make it again i think ,just to be sure.i think that papers only can make in holland,dutch ambassy not make it .i asked that 2 years ago already.i think its more wise to do.thx for ur replys,i gonne do it all again the paperworks i guess.sad.png(

As said, as your wife is in Thailand already have her check at the amphur if the marriage is registered in Thailand already. She can do this at any amphur. There is a possibility that the amphur already recorded the marrige when they made the yellow book.

When the marriage is registered at the ampur,then i not need any papers?no birth certificate no marriage certificate .only get a non O at ambassy,then go ask for a 1 year extension from my visa based on marriage.no visa runs then just stay 1 year,400000 on a thai bank,thats it.i just get the yellow book and go to immigration office in the local city,or must go to bangkok foreign affairs?

Edited by dreetje

When the marriage is registered at the ampur,then i not need any papers?no birth certificate no marriage certificate .only get a non O at ambassy,then go ask for a 1 year extension from my visa based on marriage.no visa runs then just stay 1 year,400000 on a thai bank,thats it.i just get the yellow book and go to immigration office in the local city,or must go to bangkok foreign affairs?

You will need some other papers, but you don't need the marriage certificate from the Netherlands certified etc. You take the marriage certificate, a translation and the khor rhor 22 form from the amphur.

If there is a child, you also take the Thai birth certificate of the child, as further proof of marriage.

The docuemnts you will need where given here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/607649-48-yearwhat-visa/#entry5968546

But in your case the marrige register entry is the khor rhor 22 form (marriage outside of Thailand) instead of the usual khor rhor 2 form (marriage within Thailand).

thx for replys,i worried i do the wrong thing.So i ask what i can ask,now i still here in the Netherlands.It would be very nasty to go back again to make a paper i forgot to make right.smile.png

Actually, a lot of papers can be asked for online an send to you in Thailand. Next certified by the embassy, translated and certified by the Thai MFA and you'r good to go. It does take a few weeks to get the documents, but works fine.