Welcome To New Members - 2556/2013

Tywais

Hi all,

Worked in Thailand for a few years, been married to Thai wife for about 18yrs, owned a Thai restaurant for about 8yrs. We've got land in Kanchanaburi and inherited a house in Suphanburi, looking to move over permanently in a few years so got to start getting things organised and this place seems like it might be able to help.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, just properly joined TV after several months of receiving news. First came to Thailand in 1985, got married in 1988 (hoping to get divorced in 2014 !), been working in Bangkok for 18 months & hoping to retire here, one day, if the wife hasn't spent all my wages.

After many years of coming here for holidays, I now have a very different view of Thailand having worked here in a large international company, just hope the country sorts itself out

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, have been following the various forums for a while, and felt it only right to join in. Theres some really interesting debates on here, as well as some funny ones!

Currently live in England, married to my Thai wife for 11 years, with a 9 year old son, but we are thinking of retiring out to Thailand in a few years, but am worried about my son sttling down etc. He's only doing so so here! Fancy Hua Hin, but love Sattahip area!

Hope for some good tips from you all, maybe some positive stuff!!

I have been in and around Thailand since 1983 - yes 40 years - and have been reading the posts on Thaivisa for around 5 years....and this is actually my first post ( I think ) and is due with regards to the contents of a great percentage - around 95% -

of the various posts on all subjects by expats.

I am really amazed by the content of these posts which to my mind are very insulting to the Thai people. It seems that

almost everyone had some snide coments to make on just about eveything.

Do you think that the things that happen here do not happen in England, USA, South Africa, Australia or anywhere else

for that matter? Was it so good in those places that you had to choose Thailand as a place to live? I would like to remind

you all that we all are "guests" here in Thailand and that is just the size of it - guests and no more.

What happens here has to be accepted without these blameworthy remarks and none of us have the right to complain

about anything.

If it is so bad here then why the hell are you living here? Try going back to the UK, USA or wherever it is you came from.

Thailand is a wonderful country which has its faults just like any other country so if you do not have anything postitive

and only negative remarks I suggest that you all return from whence you came.

Hi Y'all

I'm new here - what is all this biggrin.png
I've been a reader here for many years and find lots of useful info and a big thanks to those posters that spend the time to help out others - often that info will reach far beyond the original post/thread

I've been here in LOS for some time, love it. also love my home country.

I don't mind getting trolled - as long as you don't mind when I do it back. nothing like a good bit of banter to exercise the brain muscle.

PS PhillipD
"I have been in and around Thailand since 1983 - yes 40 years" that'll be 31 years matey - sorry to be so pedantic smile.png