Tywais

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, after many years of absence from Thaivisa, I finally re-registered. Just got back from Ban Phai, Khon Kaen province, seeing a mate who been in the land of smiles since the 80's. Things are changing, maybe it's easier as an Ozzy from Darwin to live in Bali (only 2 and half hour flight) on a social visa, since I have a very good Balinese friend who is a school teacher there.

Anyway, may you all have a successful and enjoyable New Year.

Hello everyone! Okay, an introduction...I'm not good at this...well, let's just cut to the chase and say I've been considering moving to Thailand to live and work for quite a while now.

Oh, and I'm head over heels over a Thai girl I've met recently...that probably has a lot to do with the urgency to hop on a plane right away!

Anyway, enough about me..over to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Wahoo! on here for 3 days, and i havent been kicked out! Its a new PB for me! (personal best)

Recent transplant from the states. I'll have to learn about "visa runs" very soon :(

Digging the Thai food, Thai people (dam_n, everyone seem so friendly), and thai women :)

i'm 54, act 24, probably smell 74 and look thai (they tell me) as long as i dont open my mouth to speak.

and lastly, dam_n thai is a hard language to pick up. I keep replying to people in spanish! cheesy.gif

"lo siento"...... i mean "kah tort" :)

Welcome to the forum theweekend.

My suggestion is you should start the questions in the visa forum, as this particular thread may not get visits from those in the know on visa stuff. More chance in the visa sub forum

Cheers

Hello to all,

I am Thali and have just join the forum, as thinkinking of moving to thai's. I Wish it would be amazing experience out there and would get some nice stuff and information from members.

Hi everyone!

I've read the forums a little in the past, but registered pretty much just to say a big THANK YOU to the people who provide so much valuable info on here (even if most probably won't read this...). I personally really appreciate folk taking the time to post their experiences & knowledge.

My situation is that I've got a partner in Thailand who I've been together with for about 2 years. I've been 4 times for short trips on tourist visas, with the last being almost a year ago. My girlfriend came to Australia on two tourist visas in 2012 and was here for 6 months total. We had a ball and we're deeply in love smile.png She's a cook, runs a little restaurant in Krabi and is the sweetest girl I've ever met.

Now I've recently got a redundancy from my corporate job in Aus, and I'm about to head off for rest, travel and adventures in Asia. I'm planning to base myself in Thailand and do shortish trips to other countries to explore (combine visa runs with holidays in cambodia, laos, vietnam, japan, burma, phils etc).

My visa plans are a bit up in the air... I'm going to start off on a two-month tourist visa but hoping to continue with an ED visa after that. I'm genuinely wanting to take a shot at learning the Thai language, and would be doing classes even if it didn't have anything to do with a visa. So hoping that learning Thai and visas will just be a happy coincidence.

The only problem I see is that there aren't many language schools in Krabi so I won't have much to choose from. I'm a bit nervous about visas but hoping I can sort out the ED visa within the first few weeks when I get there. If anyone sees any big holes in my visa plans it would be appreciated if you give a heads-up as I'm flying out in one month smile.png

Sorry for the long rant and look forward to posting more.

This is not a rant. You expressed your feelings here and your honesty is profoundly appreciatedwai.gif .

Good luck on your venture. And I wish you the happiest of timessmile.png .

Edited by Dancealot

Hi everyone,

Just joined this forum after looking at it for while already. I come from Switzerland, just hit 50 and am married to a Thai lady here in Switzerland for 5 years.

We are spending plenty of time in Thailand and am looking at buying a house in Ban Chang and hopefully spend more and more time there and eventually move there for good.

Great ressources here and plenty of helpful information to be found. Thanks to all.

Cheers guys

Peter

Hi everyone,

Just joined this forum after looking at it for while already. I come from Switzerland, just hit 50 and am married to a Thai lady here in Switzerland for 5 years.

We are spending plenty of time in Thailand and am looking at buying a house in Ban Chang and hopefully spend more and more time there and eventually move there for good.

Great ressources here and plenty of helpful information to be found. Thanks to all.

Cheers guys

Peter

Yep there are a few shiny posts in amongst the mayhem....welcome and have fun! smile.png

Hey, I dont really know where to ask this question, so I thought I'd come here. Right, this may sound stupid, but would a British Barclays Visa Debit Card work normally in ATMs in Thailand. I'm guessing there would be a charge to use, but would it be simply the same PIN and same operation as in Britain?

Hey, I dont really know where to ask this question, so I thought I'd come here. Right, this may sound stupid, but would a British Barclays Visa Debit Card work normally in ATMs in Thailand. I'm guessing there would be a charge to use, but would it be simply the same PIN and same operation as in Britain?

Yes they work. Make sure you tell the bank you are travelling to Thailand before you leave.

Hello

June will mark the beginning of my 5th year living here fulltime apart from regular travels in Malaysia, and trips to Cambodia and Laos.

Though it's been a quiet life lately, I am currently recovering from minor surgery and general body damage after a traffic accident - too much time on my hands right now.

On the bright side, have a good family and home environment.

cheers

CJ

Note: My avatar - i like the dried/spiced squid sold at the beach. But for now, am limited to soft foods. My life in a blender!!

Edited by cycloneJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm a french canadian 37 years old semi-retire or already on retirement seen i'm playing online poker as a living....

Happily married to a doctor for over a year now and I also have a amazing 3 years old stepson ....

Came to Thailand visiting friends 2 years a go and my future wife just happen to caught a " trophy husband " on the way ...

Life is wonderful smile.png

Ps: if some of you are curious about my avatar it's a add of Aston Martin pre owned car....

" You know you're not the first, but do you really care ? "

Edited by LburtonL