Beijing's 72-Hour Visa-Free Stay Policy

Beijing's 72-hour visa-free stay policy

The Nation

BEIJING: -- Air China, a member of Star Alliance, aims to gain benefits from Beijing's 72-hour visa-free stay policy, which from Jan 1, 2013 will allow free stay to citizens from 45 countries who have outbound air tickets and visas to a third country.

The tourists holding third country visas and plane tickets can apply for a transit without visa (TWOV) in the capital city at Beijing Capital International Airport.

This policy will promote Beijing’s regional economy, tourism and civil aviation industry.

In response to the new policy, Air China is offering more products and services that meet the needs of the transfer passengers and ensure utmost convenience to travellers going to and from Beijing. Air China boasts an extensive global route network with Beijing as its hub, serving 30 countries and regions.

This 72-hour visa-free policy applies to citizens of 45 countries which do not include Thailand.

The following are these countries listed in accordance with the numbers of inbound overnight visitors in Beijing from 2009 to 2011: the United States, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Russia, Greece, Brazil, Australia, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Brunei, and Qatar.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-26

And does not include Norway. The Chinese sure now how to hold a grudge..

What did the Norskis do to the Chinese?

The Nobel peace prize committee gave the prize to some chinese dissident... And the chinese thinks the norwegian government did..

Of course Norway is not on the list. They still has to pay for the Nobel Piece price, better to give this price back to sweden.

This price had made more problems for the Norwegians than they have benefit.

My American work colleague used Air China to return home for the Winter vacation. He told me that all legs of his flight in both directions were late and that transiting through Beijing was a nightmare. He said that Air China staff could only speak Chinese and that, on the return f,ight, he was made to board a plane bound for Shanghai Hongqiao Airport even though his ticket was for Shanghai Pudong Airport so that people had gone to the wrong airport to meet him and thsi had also happened to loads of other passengers. He said he would never fly with them again.

My American work colleague used Air China to return home for the Winter vacation. He told me that all legs of his flight in both directions were late and that transiting through Beijing was a nightmare.

I transited through Beijing a week ago. THAI to Beijing, then United to Chicago. I was one of about 4 people that transited. Very easy. Very friendly staff. Great English. Even cute Chinese gals working the security/immigration.

My only complaint was that during my quick connection I was only able to chug one free beer in the Air China first class lounge.

• Like 1

Talk about a grudge ... The US economic blockade of Cuba for openers.

Not a blockade (LOL) - an embargo. 'and more of a standoff than a grudge. If the Cuban govt ever wants to undo its communist coup, I'm sure normal economic status would be restored immediately. 'Obviously not going to happen, so a standoff.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

I want to visit Shanghai to meet a potential supplier. This would work for me, but apparently it only applies to Beijing. I checked visa prices. USA = $140, any length. Other countries can pay $30-90. The $90 is for 24 month multiple entries! That's what i want. Guess I need to obtain a few other passports... tongue.png

I want to visit Shanghai to meet a potential supplier. This would work for me, but apparently it only applies to Beijing. I checked visa prices. USA = $140, any length. Other countries can pay $30-90. The $90 is for 24 month multiple entries! That's what i want. Guess I need to obtain a few other passports... tongue.png

Yeah, every time the US Dept of State -in its infinite widom- increases visa fees for visitors to the US, those same countries retaliate by increasing fees for US visitors...

Bah humbug! :)

Four of us are flying BKK to Canada with Air China through Beijing at different times in the new year. We all have a 9 hour stop over in PEK. This new rule means Air China will provide each of us with a complimentary hotel room close to the airport. Previously we were confined to the PEK airport transit lounge. I see this as an improvement, as long as the hotel is decent. By the way, my ticket for YEG to BKK return was $1300, & my wife's was $1220 (different dates). This is considerably cheaper than the alternatives.