Jet Ski Mafia

britmaveric

Traveled out to one of the islands via speedboat from Patters. Normally take a jet ski out to open water with the lads and we have the normal hour of jetski fun. All went well, first mate goes in, no problem, second mate goes in, no problem. I go in and immediately the lads running the jetski business flip the jetski and looking all over it and they point out a crack in the fiberglass on the side which they say wasn't there before. (funny enough I pointed out said mark prior to hopping on jetski :o ) Never did this to my other two mates - same inspection tactics. So they keep saying you need pay for damage - basically told them to fk off (polite manner), not paying for anything. This repeated itself for basically 10-15min and finally they gave up.

Word of warning - make sure you inspect Jetski and note all damages, I might even go as far as take photos before you hop on. First time this has happened to me when using jetski(s) and I guess they were surprised I wouldnt give in to their demands.

Edited by britmaveric

this happened to two mates on pattaya beach last year both went out same time when they came back the accused them of having a collision.

they never went near each other stiil had to coff up 10000baht.

Yeah, this is a new scam, I usually smile a lot and attract their attention, I have the experience from a vacation in Croatia, I usually tell them before that the jetski is like this and don't <deleted> up crapping as I know this joke already, judt do it in a nicely manner and everything is going to be fine...

Yeah, this is a new scam, I usually smile a lot and attract their attention, I have the experience from a vacation in Croatia, I usually tell them before that the jetski is like this and don't <deleted> up crapping as I know this joke already, judt do it in a nicely manner and everything is going to be fine...

Don't think you been ear to long mate. this is not any new scam.

just the norm. Jetski oprators, family or friends of baht bus drivers, all the same type of people.

Rip off

:o

Or better yet not even patronize them. I really hate those Jet Ski punks bothering me all the time to get on their machines.

Bang, really, there are a lot bothering people on the beaches, banana sellers, food sellers, manicure, pedicure, massage, bj's, diving, tattoo, etc...it really doesn't matter anymore...