Thai Newspaper For Isaan Or Each Jangwat There

zeekgarcia

Are you asking about papers in English?

NO I am talking about a newspaper in the Thai language for the region of Isaan.

Seems that you've got internet. You'll be much better off, to read NEWS, not what had happened 2 days before. w00t.gif

From my experience most farmers I know, don't read newspaper. The few that read a paper might only read it if they see one around for free. They do however follow up developments on Channel 7 which seems to carry some news about the Isaan region.

My Thai isn’t good enough to read Thai-language newspapers, but I’d be interested in the answer to this myself.

Just to get the ball rolling, I think most Thai newspapers are published in Bangkok, but there are one or two exceptions, such as the Chiangmai Mail. Then there are the well-established English language publications, the Pattaya Mail and the Phuket Post, plus other publications in those places which seem rather less reliable.

Regarding the northeast, as far as I know the nearest to a regional newspaper is the Thai-language Korat Daily. Then there is a monthly English language newspaper – the Korat Post,

http://www.thekoratpost.com/

and also the fortnightly Khon Kaen Gazette.

http://www.khonkaengazette.com/

The internet seems an increasingly popular way to offer news and comment to the public at low cost, and there are several city-based websites in Isaan (the rules of TV prevent links).

Does anybody know if there are other Isaan cities with a local printed newspaper?