Yingluck Hopes Changes At Govt House Will Bring Luck

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the PM starts sticking needles into dolls denoting her and/or family opponents , we can all run for cover. But it does seem that the call for supernatural help is being more a part of governorance, than setting down and addressing the problems in a calculated way. Probably near time for another musical chair game, its too bad no one seems to get kicked away from the trough

and in accordance with feng shui (Chinese geomancy) beliefs, you shouldn't point a gun at your own backyard

You have to subscribe to some mumbo jumbo to understand why that isn't a good idea, how about using some common sense ....... wait, forgot where I was for a second.

I went to a Feng Shui seminar in California once, just to see how it ticks. They had all sorts of bright suggestions, such as 'don't built your house on a streambed.' They're very much in to mirrors, so if you see a room or house full of little mirrors, you can bet it's been Feng Shui'd. The richest widow in HK was hoodwinked by a Feng Shui shyster. Not hard to do.

Feng Shui is also behind much of the mistaken and harmful notions the Chinese adhere to regarding herbs and medicine - particularly things to injest which can purportedly give a man a stout woody. Most things which are hard in nature (deer antler or coral) and/or come from an awesome beast (rhino horn, tiger penis, bear bile) are high priced and sought after by rich old men and their wives and mistresses. Of course the additives don't work any better than powdered dog bone, but wisdom and and science will never get in the way of superstition and Feng Shui in China. Thailand is run by Chinese-descendents. Connect the dots.

A few years ago an Australian Prime Minister called Bob Hawke had to decide if a uranium mine was going to get approval for development.

The local Aborigines were firmly against the notion due to the fact that it would upset the (Dreamtime figure) Rainbow Serpent.

Many people carried on about this "fictional"superstitious nonsense and how primitive the belief was.

Bob Hawke sided with the Aborigines and asked the detractors to "show me your God".

Food for thought particularly when politicians from many countries claim to act in the knowledge that their god supports their actions.

and in accordance with feng shui (Chinese geomancy) beliefs, you shouldn't point a gun at your own backyard

You have to subscribe to some mumbo jumbo to understand why that isn't a good idea, how about using some common sense ....... wait, forgot where I was for a second.

I went to a Feng Shui seminar in California once, just to see how it ticks. They had all sorts of bright suggestions, such as 'don't built your house on a streambed.' They're very much in to mirrors, so if you see a room or house full of little mirrors, you can bet it's been Feng Shui'd. The richest widow in HK was hoodwinked by a Feng Shui shyster. Not hard to do.

Feng Shui is also behind much of the mistaken and harmful notions the Chinese adhere to regarding herbs and medicine - particularly things to injest which can purportedly give a man a stout woody. Most things which are hard in nature (deer antler or coral) and/or come from an awesome beast (rhino horn, tiger penis, bear bile) are high priced and sought after by rich old men and their wives and mistresses. Of course the additives don't work any better than powdered dog bone, but wisdom and and science will never get in the way of superstition and Feng Shui in China. Thailand is run by Chinese-descendents. Connect the dots.

A few years ago an Australian Prime Minister called Bob Hawke had to decide if a uranium mine was going to get approval for development.

The local Aborigines were firmly against the notion due to the fact that it would upset the (Dreamtime figure) Rainbow Serpent.

Many people carried on about this "fictional"superstitious nonsense and how primitive the belief was.

Bob Hawke sided with the Aborigines and asked the detractors to "show me your God".

Food for thought particularly when politicians from many countries claim to act in the knowledge that their god supports their actions.

Are you saying there God wants corruption, poverty and a multitude of other afflictions?

speaking of taking out trees.....

In my village in northern Thailand, there was a slightly hilly parcel, about 5 rai (2 acres) packed with mature fruit trees, other large trees, bushes grass, etc. Now it's nothing but flat dirt. Not a blade of grass. A Chinese-Thai estate bought it and is gearing up to build cookie-cutter houses, with roof edges 1 meter apart. It's typical Chinese style of development. I've even seen it in parts of Burma which are Chinese influenced. They will take a parcel, scrape it flat. Won't leave one tree out of a thousand standing, and then put a checkerboard grid on it, to cram as many units as possible. No parking spaces, no greenery, no little park with a bench or tree. Chinese (and Fung Shui) have declared WAR on nature, and the Chinese are winning. They're spreading out every direction. Look in your backyard, they're approaching with their bulldozers and hordes of $3/day non-documented workers.

The Shinawatre clan love it. They're among the largest tract home investors in Thailand.

• Like 1

Are you saying there God wants corruption, poverty and a multitude of other afflictions?

No, far from it. My point is that there are many conflicting beliefs, religions, call them what you will, in this world.

Depending on your perspective some seem rather strange compared to our own personal beliefs and are open to ridicule, just as ours are to those who have other beliefs.

Other peoples beliefs are as valid as our own.

Government By Fortune-Teller ! tongue.png ... one can only gape, in awe.

When Thaksin was PM, he and his entourage would fly up to Chiang Mai, every so often, to commune with fortune tellers up there. The Shinawatre clan, true to their Chinese roots, are immersed in hocus pocus.

• Like 2

Stupid stupid stupid article.

it's an article for people to bash yingluck about, a classic nation recipe.

no matter what the content, if her name is in the title people get very excited and vent their deep unhealthy anger.

Edited by nurofiend

Yingluck hopes changes ... ...

Well, unlike the American situation, she doesn't have to be at Government House or Parliament to avoid a fiscal cliff.

I mean she doesn't have a need to say things like

""This is no way to run things," complained Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, who checked off the various backyard sports he longed to be playing with his children: football, soccer and some golf."

http://www.nytimes.c...h_20121228&_r=0

Stupid stupid stupid article.

it's an article for people to bash yingluck about, a classic nation recipe.

No it isn't, it's an article to point out just how deeply superstition is embedded in Thai culture.

With the added 'trust in me or the bogey man will get you'

A tactic that has been used time and time again to subdue.

• Like 1

Government By Fortune-Teller ! tongue.png ... one can only gape, in awe.

When Thaksin was PM, he and his entourage would fly up to Chiang Mai, every so often, to commune with fortune tellers up there. The Shinawatre clan, true to their Chinese roots, are immersed in hocus pocus.

Not very impressive results... But he went much further than just feng shui......According to international media

THAI PM WIELDS WAND TO REPEL FOES

BANGKOK, Thailand -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is taking his fight to hold onto his job all over the country and beyond -- to the netherworld.

Thaksin, who has previously accused his political foes of using black magic in their efforts to force him from office, received a gift Tuesday -- a magical elephant prod -- to help him ward off bad luck.

"I will use this prod, along with spells and talismans, to control the fierce opponents who are trying to oust me," Thaksin said during a campaign stop in the northeastern Surin province where he rode an elephant.

CNN - March 14, 2006

http://www.pressmon....w.cgi?id=470845

Edited by Buchholz

No it isn't, it's an article to point out just how deeply superstition is embedded in Thai culture.

I don't think the word embedded is correct as it would suggest a culture within its own right. If you remove superstition from Thai culture there really isn't anything left to speak of.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1

So the government house grounds are now updated because some situations don't comply with Feng Shui beliefs?

I thought that under the former PM, the grounds were updated twice already becuase there were Feng Shui issues, for a total of 100 Million if I recall correctly.

So the government house grounds are now updated because some situations don't comply with Feng Shui beliefs?

I thought that under the former PM, the grounds were updated twice already becuase there were Feng Shui issues, for a total of 100 Million if I recall correctly.

Seriously?

I don't think the word embedded is correct as it would suggest a culture within its own right. If you remove superstition from Thai culture there really isn't anything left to speak of.

Apart from deafening music and spangely costumes, no, there isn't much left.

But, I am often left wondering about something. When a magician performs a trick, he knows it's a trick, everyone knows it's a trick. When these politicians talk about 'bringing good luck' is it a belief or just manipulation of the masses?

So the government house grounds are now updated because some situations don't comply with Feng Shui beliefs? I thought that under the former PM, the grounds were updated twice already becuase there were Feng Shui issues, for a total of 100 Million if I recall correctly.

Another 'hub' for Thailand - this time; "The Hub of Spending Ridiculous Amounts of Money on Hocus Pocus"

THAI PM WIELDS WAND TO REPEL FOES

BANGKOK, Thailand -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is taking his fight to hold onto his job all over the country and beyond -- to the netherworld.

Thaksin, who has previously accused his political foes of using black magic in their efforts to force him from office, received a gift Tuesday -- a magical elephant prod -- to help him ward off bad luck.

"I will use this prod, along with spells and talismans, to control the fierce opponents who are trying to oust me," Thaksin said during a campaign stop in the northeastern Surin province where he rode an elephant.

CNN - March 14, 2006 http://www.pressmon....w.cgi?id=470845

What gets me, is when I see or hear of Thaksin getting groups of monks and/or prestigious abbots to perform elaborate ceremonies for him. It all revolves around money. The message for us 'The Emporor wears no clothes' types is: Thaksin pays big money (he's rolling in the stuff) to Buddhist Abbots who then get their flock to put on their prettiest robes, and get out their shiniest pots and icons - .........to perform hocus pocus rituals for him. Would monks ever perform such an elaborate ritual for a regular person? Just another example of how removed orthodox Thai Buddhism is from the little people - and how easily they're led by the nose when money and power politics raises its fuzzy head. In sum, such pomp tarnishes the Sangha's image.

But, I am often left wondering about something. When a magician performs a trick, he knows it's a trick, everyone knows it's a trick. When these politicians talk about 'bringing good luck' is it a belief or just manipulation of the masses?

Not easy to judge. Look at transubstantiation in the Catholic and Eastern orthodox dogma. In my view it doesn't get much more 'far out' than this. There is absolutely no question in my mind that some people actually believe it to be true while others just go through the motions for various mostly nefarious reasons.

Does Yingluk believe in all that BS? It's a tough call but I would have to say no, she doesn't. Does this dishonesty put her in a bad light? No more so than if she did believe it, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Does Yingluk believe in all that BS? It's a tough call but I would have to say no, she doesn't. Does this dishonesty put her in a bad light? No more so than if she did believe it, in my opinion.

To what degree she plays along with it, we don't know. She could simply pay it no mind, but she instead chooses to stir up the superstition stuff, as expected. She's Chinese descent with Thai upbringing, she can't help but believe in hocus pocus, ghosts, mind-waves and all the rest.

• Like 1

To what degree she plays along with it, we don't know. She could simply pay it no mind, but she instead chooses to stir up the superstition stuff, as expected. She's Chinese descent with Thai upbringing, she can't help but believe in hocus pocus, ghosts, mind-waves and all the rest.

I don't think she does believe it. In fact, I would be happy to question her ability to believe in anything. Blaise Pascal spoke of those who are made in such a way as to be unable to believe. This was in relation to religious belief and atheism in that some people just cannot be fooled. This may seem somewhat by the by but it is analogous at least to a passing degree. I put it to you that she is incapable of belief in woo but not because she is too clever, it is because she is just too simple. A puppet in every sense.

To make sure this post is not considered off topic I add the following....

There is no such thing as good and bad luck, only odds and probabilities taken personally.

Thomas Jefferson said " The harder I work, the luckier I am". Oh screw that , that is simply western drivel from stupid farangs. Let's get back to moving spirit houses around and uprooting trees. Now THAT will bring luck to us in Thailand !!!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by EyesWideOpen