More Flights To Samui?

Bangkok airways has applied to increase daily flights to the resort island from 38 up to 50.

The increase was set to go before the environmental regulatory board with the airlines solution to the island's airlift being to increase operating hours by one hour a day.

An increase of 32% in daily flights would be the benefit, but this would be a compounded rise in seat capacity of well over 40% given Bangkok Airways upgrading of more Airbus A319 and A320 planes with less flights on the older fleet of ATR-72's.

http://www.thephuketinsider.com/tourism/samui-airlift-could-rise-over-40.php

I flew from CNX-USM for around 8000. I was the only Asian (except for crew) in the entire plane.

It was really nice though. No hassle with changing to bus -> ferry.

2 hours later I was back home..

Edited by Mole

On the other hand, my flight a few months ago from the UK to BKK (return) would have been only 40 quid less than if I included the BKK - USM (return) with it. This small extra cost when included in a long haul has always been the same for any flight I have booked. A friend of mine who came to Samui from the US around 9-10 months ago asked me about options so I said train, bus etc. and also maybe to fly into Surat. It was US$10 less to fly into Surat (return) than USM. Maybe we were and hve been 'lucky'.

Well, Thai Airways isn't exactly known for their low prices.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's some kind of under the table agreement going on that in order for Thai to allow to fly here, they also can't charge lower prices than Bangkok Air.

It would be nice if the additional slots could be given to other airlines.

It would be nice if the additional slots could be given to other airlines.

Tried that with Thai, prices were still the same as BKK Airways

They have to be - otherwise Bandit Airways would not give them the slots. I think that is why Thai are dropping out. Landing fees are too high - causing high prices but low profits.

Thai cannot discount as an 'onward leg' to Samui in the same way that BA can.

Just spoke to a couple in Bangkok five minutes ago who have been told they can't get a flight to Samui until Jan,2nd.

Perhaps Bandit Airways might consider buying some planes prior to the festive season to cope with demand?

One flight is availoable (8.30pm) on the 31st and all flights are available on the 1st

Just spoke to a couple in Bangkok five minutes ago who have been told they can't get a flight to Samui until Jan,2nd.

Perhaps Bandit Airways might consider buying some planes prior to the festive season to cope with demand?

One flight is availoable (8.30pm) on the 31st and all flights are available on the 1st

I was not referring to flights flying out of Samui. These people want to fly TO Samui

Dec 31st, PG 1191, BKK 20:20 - USM 21:50 1hr 30min 4710 THB

Dec 31st, PG 1191, BKK 20:20 - USM 21:50 1hr 30min 4710 THB

Thanks for that but i think they have just got a flight from a cancellation and are flying tomorrow.

the proposed extra flights that bangkok airways wants to come into samui is probably something they will try to push through simply as

1. they are already doing another area to park more planes. its across from where the planes park now

2. sometime between jan - march 2013 bangkok airways will do a ipo hoping to raise more capital to buy more planes and update area in swampy airport

have to wait and see how things go.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

You are missing one small point. The staff at the ticket office regularly lie when you ask about availability.

I do not have a credit card. I check the flights on-line. I go to the office and they say sorry - no have . Only more expensive flight available.

I go home (10 minutes) check on line - still available.

One small word of warning. BA do not encrypt credit card details on their booking system. Friend booked a flight and paid on-line.

Later he went to the office to change the flight.

On the screen were all of his credit card details for anyone to see. Not a happy bunny.

• Like 1