Isaan Internet Deals To Faze You

Jezz

10 GB is obviously a traffic volume/month after which either your connection speed ist reduced (EDGE+) or you have to pay for the extra volume.

On my flat rate DSL I often use 4 GB in one morning (downloading TV programs, videos etc.).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Until four months ago I only used AIS GRPS in my village. TOT informed me that their are no more lines available but they suggested I should use Fiber Optic which would cost me 3500 Baht per month. In addition they wanted me to pay for 700 meters cable which would have cost me another 30,000 Baht.

I looked for alternatives and ended up with Truemove-H. I hired a company to install a 12 meter Antenna, an AT&T aircard with a port for an external antenna, a TP Link 3G Wireless router and a Postpaid subscription for 1799 Baht per month (10gb).

I have connected an iMac, iPad, an Android TV box and a MacBook and have most of the time 5-7mbit throughout the month.

My internet problems have been finally resolved after 18 months surfing on GPRS

You are paying alot of money there. I get 5gb of Truemove H for 489 q month.

Did you signed up for some kind of special offer with True?

10 GB is here 1799 Baht. I signed up for both Prepaid and Postpaid and got the same subscription rate/price. I am sure that I pay 899 Baht for 5GB but I could be wrong by a couple of Baht.

No special offer. The first month was 899baht. Subsequent months have been 489 + vat. Mind you I haven't had a bill for over 3 months now, but still have the service.

I don't have an aerial. I just have a sim card and a router. I managed to get hold of a Wifi router with a sim socket in the back.

I am giving True tomorrow a call to find out more about the 489 Baht package per month and thanks for the clarification.

Edited by MobileContent

10 GB is obviously a traffic volume/month after which either your connection speed ist reduced (EDGE+) or you have to pay for the extra volume.

On my flat rate DSL I often use 4 GB in one morning (downloading TV programs, videos etc.).

Thanks. :)

What is you download speed?

Thanks. smile.png

I am using the cheapest ToT package, 7 MBit/s for 599 Baht/Month (+tax).

Now they advertise 10 MBit/s for the same price. I will ask for an upgrade.

The measured download rate peaks at 5.5 MBit/s resulting in 640 kByte/s Downloads, which is fairly OK and good enough for most applications.

E.g. you can view "good quality" livestreams (like 720p on youtube).

For HD videos (1080p on youtube) it is a bit short.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks. smile.png

I am using the cheapest ToT package, 7 MBit/s for 599 Baht/Month (+tax).

Now they advertise 10 MBit/s for the same price. I will ask for an upgrade.

The measured download rate peaks at 5.5 MBit/s resulting in 640 kByte/s Downloads, which is fairly OK and good enough for most applications.

E.g. you can view "good quality" livestreams (like 720p on youtube).

For HD videos (1080p on youtube) it is a bit short.

Thanks! I appreciate it. The only internet I've had in LOS is at the Riverside Condos in CM and it was included. It tested and about 4 Mbps down which was OK, just. Also, hotels which varied. But I never paid for internet myself as a separate bill, and I've never measured it anywhere else.

I am really spoiled right now. Fastest cable in the USA, so they advertise. I just now ran this test. It's java so probably not perfect, but I can almost always find my limit with the server, not my connection. I pay for 30 Mbps but usually pull more like 40. Today it's fast.

post-164212-0-73163300-1357012872_thumb.

No internet where I live, the AIS signal disappeared about 4 months ago, but just now it's working for some reasonblink.png

Guess it will be gone again tomorrow............coffee1.gif

Edited by bergen

You are using a surfstick/aircard?

If so, make sure you connect it via a 3m to 5m USB cable and trzy to find the "best position" for signal reception.

Can make a big difference.

Some SW allows you to monitor the signal strenght.

Until four months ago I only used AIS GRPS in my village. TOT informed me that their are no more lines available but they suggested I should use Fiber Optic which would cost me 3500 Baht per month. In addition they wanted me to pay for 700 meters cable which would have cost me another 30,000 Baht.

I looked for alternatives and ended up with Truemove-H. I hired a company to install a 12 meter Antenna, an AT&T aircard with a port for an external antenna, a TP Link 3G Wireless router and a Postpaid subscription for 1799 Baht per month (10gb).

I have connected an iMac, iPad, an Android TV box and a MacBook and have most of the time 5-7mbit throughout the month.

My internet problems have been finally resolved after 18 months surfing on GPRS

You are paying alot of money there. I get 5gb of Truemove H for 489 q month.

Did you signed up for some kind of special offer with True?

10 GB is here 1799 Baht. I signed up for both Prepaid and Postpaid and got the same subscription rate/price. I am sure that I pay 899 Baht for 5GB but I could be wrong by a couple of Baht.

No special offer. The first month was 899baht. Subsequent months have been 489 + vat. Mind you I haven't had a bill for over 3 months now, but still have the service.

I don't have an aerial. I just have a sim card and a router. I managed to get hold of a Wifi router with a sim socket in the back.

I have just received my bill, first since 10th October. I am now being charged the full 899 a month for 5gb. THe 480 a month was a 5 month promotion. True di mention that they now offer 7gb for 999.

And here is my story:

In February I went with CAT for Wireless-Internet-Connection. They erected a 25 Meter high antenna with all the trimmings and everything was fine. (At 738 Bht per month). Until 4 weeks ago!

Since then: Constant internet blackouts and generally no more Internet connection between 9 PM an midnight. Graet!

Answer from CAT: We have now so mani WI-FI users that this can happen !!!

I was left with the impression, that the whole thing is eighter my fault or a god-given mishap, and the only remedy would be to hook-up by way of a fiber-optic-connection (for a price, of course, again).

Unfortunately, for some reason TOT does not service this aerea as far as Internet is concerned. I wonder why not.

So my comment: If living in a region with only one provider and no other alternative, "they got you over a barrel". Especially, if you have already invested into antenna, router etc.

Cheers.

If some of you have only a slow internet at times, consider yourself blessed. I HAVE EIGHTER EXCELLENT INTERNET CONNECTION OR NONE AT ALL!

It's strictly ON or OFF.

How Come? It really starts to drive me crazy, since it's absolutely not predictable when it will be on or off.

I have noticed, that when Internet is OFF, my beer consumption (out of frustration) is rather on "ON".wink.png

Cheers.