Russian Husband Commits Suicide In Jomtien Hotel After Split With His Wife

Rimmer

Russian Husband commits suicide in Jomtien Hotel after split with his Wife

PATTAYA:--A 55 year old Russian appears to have committed suicide in a Jomtien Beach Hotel and was discovered dead on Thursday afternoon.

Police and rescue services were called to Room Number 415 on 4th Floor of the Dragon Beach Resort close to Soi 16 on Jomtien Beach Road. Inside the bathroom was the body of Mr. Alexandre Ivanov aged 55. He was unusually kneeling down with a tight noose around his neck which had been tied to a metal grill over the bathroom window.

Cleaners wanted to enter the room earlier on Thursday and after repeated knocks to the door it was decided to enter with a universal key card. She was still unable to enter and the front door to the room appeared to have been locked from the inside. A security Guard climbed over the adjoining balcony and entered the room and subsequently discovered the body of Mr. Ivanov.

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I am no expert so correct me if I am wrong but if you tried hanging yourself with the ability to stand up, then surely your survival instinct would kick in and you would stand?.

I don't want to start a conspiracy theory but I just think its odd.

• Like 1

Have dealt with such incidents & NO not necessarily.

That doesn't mean this is one - lividity,& other physiological & forensics govern the decision.

BUT I gotta ask 'a 33 years old ' then further on ' aged 55 ???'

ph34r.png

• Like 1

That doesn't mean this is one - lividity,& other physiological & forensics govern the decision.

ph34r.png

Don't worry, just another example of quality reporting.
  • Like 1

ph34r.png

Which has just been corrected in the original story.....sorry!

(sorry to Rimmer as well!!)

• Like 1

You don't do them justice. That's not mere quality, but a Pulitzer prize in the making.

Hotel staff confirmed he had checked into the Hotel on 25th December with his Russian Wife. He was known to drink heavily and had also been seen having serious arguments with her which escalated into physical confrontations, one of which was witnessed by staff in the lobby.

On 26th December the pairs tour guide was called to the Hotel following another argument which turned physical. The victim’s wife decided to leave the room and even took all her clothes with her.

A recently opened bottle of whisky was seen close to the [dead] body...[26th of December]

You don't do them justice. That's not mere quality, but a Pulitzer prize in the making.

Hotel staff confirmed he had checked into the Hotel on 25th December with his Russian Wife. He was known to drink heavily and had also been seen having serious arguments with her which escalated into physical confrontations, one of which was witnessed by staff in the lobby.

On 26th December the pairs tour guide was called to the Hotel following another argument which turned physical. The victim’s wife decided to leave the room and even took all her clothes with her.

A recently opened bottle of whisky was seen close to the [dead] body...[26th of December]

1 day is not sufficient to know ones backgrounds, however 24 hours already sounds more impressive.

Maybe the hotel staff knew him for 86.400 seconds already. whistling.gif

Russian Tourist found hanging by his bootlaces in Thai resort

By Staff Reporter

PATTAYA: -- A Russian tourist hung himself from a low level closet door over the Christmas period

At 12.00 pm on Thursday , Col Kriang-krai Buakla, followed up on a call to the authorities to report the strange death and headed out to room 415 on the 4th floor of the Dragon Beach Hotel Resort . There they found 55 year old Mr. Alexandre Ivanov who appears to have hung himself with his own shoelaces in the bathroom of his rented accommodation.

Inspecting the rooms, Police found that all his possessions were still there and there were no injuries to his body other than the neck lacerations that caused his death.

Police will be concerned, however, that the passport found was an old one which is out of date and are said to be keen to locate his current one. [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...-in-thai-resort

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-12-28

footer_n.gif

ph34r.png

Which has just been corrected in the original story.....sorry!

(sorry to Rimmer as well!!)

happens to everyone.. as u get older you will just recognise it as a senior moment :)

I am no expert so correct me if I am wrong but if you tried hanging yourself with the ability to stand up, then surely your survival instinct would kick in and you would stand?.

you are right. I suspect foul play too.

Russian Tourist Hangs Himself After Beating Wife

PATTAYA:--A 55-year-old Russian man hanged himself in the bathroom of his Jomtien hotel, after his wife abruptly left him. They had checked into the hotel on Christmas Day. Employees noticed the husband getting drunk and abusive to his wife, until she moved out the next night. His dead body was found by a hotel maintenance worker the following morning.

PATTAYA – December 27, 2012 [PDN]; at 12 noon, a report of a foreigner hanging himself in a Jomtien hotel was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Kreangkraivuth Buakla, investigation officer, Pattaya police station, Dongtarn Curve sub-branch.

He went to inspect the scene with the police team and the rescue officer of Sawangboribulthammasatharn Pattaya foundation. The incident occurred in room 415 on the 4thfloor of a well-known hotel in Jomtien near soi 16 off Jomtien Beach Road.

At the scene, police found the body of Mr. Alexandre Ivanov, age 55, nationality Russian, hanging from a noose around his neck in the bathroom. He body was in an upright kneeling position. The black cord around his neck was fastened to the shower rod overhead. He was wearing black pants and a black T-shirt.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/12/28/russian-tourist-hangs-himself-after-beating-wife/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-12-28

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

It all depends on how badly you wanna die. This method has been used countless times. It only takes maybe 10 seconds to become unconscious if the blood flow in one's carotid arteries is blocked. Your weight does the rest then.

• Like 1

First.....

He was unusually kneeling down with a tight noose around his neck which had been tied to a metal grill over the bathroom window.

Second.....

The black cord around his neck was fastened to the shower rod overhead

How in the bleep can myself and my fellow detectives on TV solve these crimes if the reporting is so bad??? Sometimes I wonder if bad reporting is by design, to sort of muddy the waters. Another bizarre care of Thailand Sudden Death Hotel Syndrome.....

• Like 2

you are right. I suspect foul play too.

Not if you were drunk as a skunk. It's a similar way that people who practice erotic asphyxiation (Michael Hutchence, David Carradine to name just two) accidentally make their exits from the land of the living. The door locked from the inside probably rules out foul play.

Edited by saroq

First.....

He was unusually kneeling down with a tight noose around his neck which had been tied to a metal grill over the bathroom window.

Second.....

How in the bleep can myself and my fellow detectives on TV solve these crimes if the reporting is so bad??? Sometimes I wonder if bad reporting is by design, to sort of muddy the waters. Another bizarre care of Thailand Sudden Death Hotel Syndrome.....

I could understand the comments about the quality of the reporting if I was paying for it but since it's a free forum and the fun is in commenting on the news I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it.

It all depends on how badly you wanna die. This method has been used countless times. It only takes maybe 10 seconds to become unconscious if the blood flow in one's carotid arteries is blocked. Your weight does the rest then.

My thoughts exactly! Countless patients have committed suicide this way inside bathrooms of psychiatric hospitals. A door knob is another favorite to tie the rope...

First.....

Second.....

For the Clouseaux de le visa Thai...

its a very weird scenario, and I see Howard has removed the whole story, but his report is factually correct, if, to say the least, weird.

the man was actually in a kneeling position when found. he either strangled very very very slowly or..well you decide. Normally the trick to hang yourself ( DIY Guide) is to creat a significant drop which will break your neck. in this case the man would have had to fall asleep against the rope to die. but die he did. there was no "natural" strain on the string, he would have had to create the tension of his own free will.. which rarely happens. The string DID kill him, no doubt tho.

we have been told it was shoe laces, however thats a little questionable as the string is at least 3 foot long before any joins ( if any) or knots. BUT the thai reports state that it was shoe laces.

either way he is dead..

you decide ;)