Country Clubs With Houses For Residential Properties

TexasToBangkok

Pattaya country club is renovating a lot of old units at the moment. They have been advertising to purchase these units recently. The golf course is one of the closest to Pattaya and has just renovated 9 holes. The will renovating the next 9 in 2013. The golf course is just ok.

Phoenix is a better course with houses situated all the way around the course. Better facilities around the clubhouse as well. Not as close to Pattaya.

Eastern Star in Rayong has many houses and a good club house not as good as Phoenix but better than Pattaya Country Club. A fair hike from Pattaya.

Laem Chabang Golf Club - cream of the crop. 5 star golf course, 5 star prices. There is a small very nice housing estate on the eastern side of the course. Medium distance from Patts.

As far as finding somewhere to rent, don't know exactly, maybe drive around and look for rent signs. Check with the office at the golf course, maybe able to point you in the right direction.

No doubt there are more out there as well.

I have some friends that built at Phoenix CC and know of one that might be for sale around the 14-16 million range. PM me if you are wanting to spend that kind of money.

My personal choice for a golf course home would be Pattaya Country Club with prices considerably lower than my friend's home.

Here is a link you could check out.

http://allpattaya.com/directory/real-estate-and-property/subcategory/housing-developments/business/8098/Pattaya-Country-Club-Home-and-Residence

Eastern Star and Laem Chabang would be the top end of the price structure and considerably farther from Pattaya city.

Eastern Star has some very nice homes but the estate seems to have stalled and no new homes , that i can see, are being built. Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes. I have also heard the on-goings are incredibly expensive having to maintain all the facilities there. A lot of for sales notices there too.

Are you here in Pattaya? If so, stop by one of the real estate agents. I'm pretty sure the better ones will have rental listings for one of the above courses. Or, take a drive around them and have a look at the signs yourself! Best way to go...

Just found the Pattaya Country Club web site:

http://www.pattayacountryclub.com/en/

This one is better because it actually contains information: http://www.pattayacountryclub.net/

Like yours, it's mostly in yak yak. Renting a house elsewhere and paying for the green fee on the golf courses of choice is a better deal. I pay 12k in rent per month for a 3 bed, 3 bath in Pattaya proper.

If you're thinking country club as in what is usually available in the US, you will be disappointed. The golf courses in Thailand don't often offer a breadth of activity like you might find in the US, there's no much of a club scene. Most of the events are run through the many golf societies instead.

Though it's not in Pattaya, you might want to look into Black Mountain in Hua Hin. It's one of the nicest courses in Thailand, has a variety of properties around the course and good facilities however it's not cheap. It's about 10km out of town which isn't too bad. Hua Hin is a very different flavor than Pattaya and a lot quieter. It might be more suitable if you're a couple or if you like peace and quiet. If you're into more of a scene than Pattaya is your place...