Uk Passport For Thai Born Baby

hi,

I uk national by birth with uk pasport

and

my thai gf also a uk passport and and citizen thru naturalisation,

which to apply for a uk child passport for our 3 month old baby born here in thailand,

my question is

is my gf naturalisation registration certificate,

instead of my long form birth certificate, (because i havent gt it now)

because i found this below

If the child was : Born outside the UK

You must include:

• The child's travel document (if applicable); AND
  • The child's original registration certificate from the Home Office; OR
  • The child's original consular birth certificate; OR
  • The child’s full foreign birth certificate and the mother’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate; or the father’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate, and if the father only was a British Citizen at the time of the child’s birth and not the mother and the child was born before 1 July 2006 the parents’ marriage certificate must be provided

http://ukinhongkong....d-passport#fill

thanks for any help

cheers

As the child's mother is a naturalised British citizen then s/he can 'inherit' British citizenship from the mother.

The child’s full foreign birth certificate and the mother’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate; or the father’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate, and if the father only was a British Citizen at the time of the child’s birth and not the mother and the child was born before 1 July 2006 the parents’ marriage certificate must be provided

The use of the word 'or' indicates that only one of the documents listed is required.

So including the mother's naturalisation certificate only is sufficient; your long form birth certificate is not required as well.

It takes less than a month to get your 'long form birth certificate' sent from the GRO in the UK to Thailand.

10UKP inc postage and can all be done online.

24UKP if you want it in 14 days

http://www.gro.gov.u...t/certificates/

I concur this is the route you need to take.

There is an argument over whether it is worthwhile registering the birth and paying the fees but it isn't necessary and copies of the original documents are held digitally in any case.

For the child to be British only one of the parents needs to be British otherwise than by descent and show that they are.

The mother is a naturalised British citizen and so British otherwise than by descent, therefore the child can inherit British citizenship from the mother.

As the mother has her naturalisation certificate this can be used in the child's passport application and the father's long form birth certificate is not required as well.

Edited by 7by7