Is It Ok To Discuss An Article From The Bkk Post If No Direct Quote Or Link To It?

submaniac

I just wanted to check to make sure on policy. There was an interesting article in the BKK that was relevant to the thread. I made a post regarding the article in this thread

I did not link or directly quote to the article, but said it could be googled. Please advise if this is allowable under forum rules. If not, please delete or modify post accordingly. Thank you.

There seems to be a perception among users that you can't even use the name 'Bangkok Post'. Maybe some clarification is needed?

Clear enough in the forum rules: No direct quotes or links to the Bangkok Post. Since you used Bangkok Post in your comment above and it's still there must be ok. biggrin.png

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed there is a complete article posted in the Thai news forum today from the Bangkok Post. Has the policy changed?

Please note the last sentence:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed there is a complete article posted in the Thai news forum today from the Bangkok Post. Has the policy changed?

Please note the last sentence:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Re the first "bolded" part of your text above:

How can it be BP's decision that such and such entries containing BP material/links are to be deleted?

Does BP own/run Thaivisa.com or employ TV's moderators since it is in position to make such decisions re the TV entry repository?

(Not complaining, don't have an issue with this, don't want to discuss this with BP, just a wee bit curious.)

Does Thaivisa.com allow links from other web sites?

Yes we do, I see no reason why we should not allow inbound links.

The way Google works is by having more links from blogs and other websites

will result in your website to improve (move up) in the organic ranking when someone

does a web search. Better web ranking at Google will result in greater traffic flow to Thaivisa.com

How can it be BP's decision that such and such entries containing BP material/links are to be deleted?

Because all articles published by BP are their copyright and therefore they can dictate as to who can use them or not.

But, as George pointed out, you can paraphrase the article since its only the form of words that is copyright, not the information itself.

• Like 2

Because all articles published by BP are their copyright and therefore they can dictate as to who can use them or not.

But, as George pointed out, you can paraphrase the article since its only the form of words that is copyright, not the information itself.

thumbsup.gif