Hel ,what Broadband Should I Choose

thenervoussurgeon

I am a bit of a novice even though i have used a computer for years so can you help ,at present i am using 3bb and paying 1166 baht a month ,but my son keeps on saying i should change to 13 mb for 900 baht a month as its better ,but when i ask the staff on the different counters i get different answers ,like if you use foreign websites stay with what you have ,or change over much better ,but if you dont like it you cant go back to your old system ,help what's best ,oh and i am running windows xp and he keeps telling me to upgrade to windows 7 should i?

signed

an idiot at the keyboard

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

Listen to your son. He probably knows more than you do. Kids these days seem to know all about these kinds of things. Yeah, windows XP is kinda outdated, the current version is WIN8. But unless your a computer nerd it won't matter. He is probably making some of these suggestions as to facilitate the games he likes to play.

And what your current 3BB package is.

3BB has the habit of continually upgrading people's internet connection without telling them, only way to notice it is when download big files, doing a local Bkk based speed test or checking the status page in your router.

It might help if you give yiur location, that is imprtant to give and get better and more appropriate help.

Location can effect services dramatically.

we live in nongpralai ,north Pattaya ,just off sukhumvit, up near the outlet mall. i share with 10 others i believe and a speed test showed just under 3mb

Was this in-Thailand speed test - or to a USA/Euro server? Seems slow to me for that money for Thailand. Might be worth looking at the 900 baht 13mb one - you maty find you get better compression rates if less people are on that line too.