Shock From Water Taps

petedk

I just went to the toilet at the Emporium and when I went to wash my hands I received quite a big electric shock from the water.

It was one of those taps with a light sensor and when the water first came out I felt the jolt all the way up my arm. It was only a single jolt but anyway.

I complained to somekind of supervisor and he didn't feel anything and dismissed my complaint.

Are these taps connected to the mains or was it just a build up of static elecricity?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Its not static and could be fatal. Your shoes and Somchais were probably different materials and he was more insulated, so thats why he felt nothing.

Motor vehicle accidents and electrocution- lurking dangers here in Thailand...

Christ all mighty!..your probably lucky to be alive! When it happened, did you look like this?w00t.gif

Haha. I don't know what I looked like. I was so shocked ( forgive the pun) that I didn't look in the mirror.

What surprises (I won't use the word shocks again) is the total disregard from the staff. He should have at least closed it down and investigated.

I'd hate to wake up tomorrow and see in the newspaper that someone was electrocuted here.

Christ all mighty!..your probably lucky to be alive! When it happened, did you look like this?w00t.gif

Haha. I don't know what I looked like. I was so shocked ( forgive the pun) that I didn't look in the mirror.

What surprises (I won't use the word shocks again) is the total disregard from the staff. He should have at least closed it down and investigated.

I'd hate to wake up tomorrow and see in the newspaper that someone was electrocuted here.

<He should have at least closed it down and investigated.>

Good luck with that, TiT.

That's like saying people shouldn't carry their baby and drive their m'bike one handed- obvious to us, but nothing will change till a fatality occurs, if then.

I wouldn't think that it was static. These places are all tiles and concrete, so no carpets etc that may cause static build up.

Possibly a neutral wire touching a metal casing. This can give you a shock, but I don't think it is usually a fatal one.

It is maybe a bare wire touching a pipe? I got the FULL jolt once here. Tired, working all day, and cut a live wire. I think a lighting bolt came out of my head because there was blood up there, dried of course. Maybe this explains my present condition :) I just hope the lady who mops the place up is ok.

to test for a short you must get sumchi to stand in a puddle of water in bare feet, then get to him to test it, after his head explodes have another sumchi confirm that the headless sumchai is caused by a short by repeating this process. again and again and again. when there is no room left they could choose to fix it. O and don't wear yr sunday best.

....'I complained to somekind of supervisor and he didn't feel anything and dismissed my complaint'....

would love to have been a fly on the wall during that exchange. Thailand takes the 'supervise' out of the word 'supervisor' and leaves you with a lonely old 'or'...'or' what you may ask?.....f*cked if I know?