Dominos Pizza

eMzyme

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you tip delivery guys?

Just asking because most Thais don't give any tip. When in Rome, do like...

I tip 10-20 bt for food delivery, often just giving the change or if it is like less than 8 bt change, ill take the change and give him a 20. Why? I can afford it, makes me feel good, makes him (delivery guy) feel good, and hopefully, just maybe, he will remember me next time. With this dominos pizza order i gave him 22 bt for all of the above reasons plus the simple fact that it was the first delivery to my place and why not give the impression you are generous? how can it hurt you? Yes Will you can do as the Romans do, but I disagree that Thais don't tip; some do, some dont. Im from a tipping culture, and of course ive scaled it back since moving here, but I still believe in the logic behind it. As for the cries of "you dumbass Yank you are ruining for everyone else"...I dont give a flying fart what it does to you.

10 baht tip?If I was the delivery guy I would be totally insulted with that and spit on your pizza next time!rolleyes.gif

How many of you tip delivery guys?

Just asking because most Thais don't give any tip. When in Rome, do like...

I tip 10-20 bt for food delivery, often just giving the change or if it is like less than 8 bt change, ill take the change and give him a 20. Why? I can afford it, makes me feel good, makes him (delivery guy) feel good, and hopefully, just maybe, he will remember me next time. With this dominos pizza order i gave him 22 bt for all of the above reasons plus the simple fact that it was the first delivery to my place and why not give the impression you are generous? how can it hurt you? Yes Will you can do as the Romans do, but I disagree that Thais don't tip; some do, some dont. Im from a tipping culture, and of course ive scaled it back since moving here, but I still believe in the logic behind it. As for the cries of "you dumbass Yank you are ruining for everyone else"...I dont give a flying fart what it does to you.

10 baht tip?If I was the delivery guy I would be totally insulted with that and spit on your pizza next time!rolleyes.gif

No one orders Dominos twice. laugh.png

I used to drink occasionally (at Renior's) with the guy that opened the original Domino's. Once in a while he'd order about a dozen free pizzas for the whole bar and they were actually fairly decent back then. He ended up having to close down because he lost a bundle in a real-estate deal. For some reason Thais prefer the tomato paste to be sweet and then they end up smothering them with ketchup. I suppose it's logistically difficult to maintain two vats of paste; one for Thais and another for Falangs so everyone ends up with the sweet crap.

• Like 1

Sounds like Dominos is making one of the same mistakes that they made before they went out of business in Thailand the first time they tried it here. They set up shops in out of the way places instead of prime locations like most major fast food franchises do.

The original Domino's was strictly a delivery franchise, they never actually had a restaurant.

Edited by TimTang