Happy New Year - Chiang Rai

villagefarang

Happy New Year folks, Have a great one filled with good health, much wealth, peace and happiness.

Personally, 2012 wasn't a great year but at least the Mayans were wrong though whether or not that is something to be grateful for remains to be seen. GOOD LUCK to all for 2556

• Like 2

No drum band in my head, but is it me, or are the village bombs getting bigger and louder each year. The earth shook from the explosions, the dogs coward in fear and revelers drank themselves into oblivion. We went to bed early and awoke to a beautiful morning, beginning what promises to be a beautiful new year.

• Like 1

Enjoyed a 180 degree view of all the fireworks and Khomloys from my second story sala after midnight. Glad I stayed home. The best to you and yours.

Did you get any pictures from your second story sala? Excellent idea having that sala and staying home as well. We did the same.smile.png

We just had the ground level view. THree of my nieces sitting round a thai charcoal stove like the three witches in Macbeth grilling skewers of meet for all of us older ones...........well two for them one for us...and heaps of other food too. A nice quiett pleasant night.

Like the way the Khomloys went in three diferent directions asw they rose....strong winds there too.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Enjoyed a 180 degree view of all the fireworks and Khomloys from my second story sala after midnight. Glad I stayed home. The best to you and yours.

Did you get any pictures from your second story sala? Excellent idea having that sala and staying home as well. We did the same.smile.png

I thought about it but judged my pics would have been unimpressive at the distance I was at. Great for seeing all 6+? firework locations but not for pictures.

I thought about it but judged my pics would have been unimpressive at the distance I was at. Great for seeing all 6+? firework locations but not for pictures.

Okay, got it.smile.png It is always enough just to have the experience but if the opportunity to share it with others arises, well all the better. Fortunately toybits got some excellent shots to share with us.smile.png

• 11 months later...

Well the year went out with a bang (or rather many of them) round here. Fireworks at midnight had the dogs racing for cover even though they were inside.

Happy New Year everyone. I was sorry I could not make the coffee time this year but hope to catch up with those I know and those who I do not. If anyone sees me round they should say hello. I think most people have enough clues of who I am now. I would really love to meet more of you and as a couple can tell I do not bite that hard,

• Like 1