2013 Comes In With A Bang As Power Cut Hits South Pattaya Entertainment Zone

Rimmer

2013 comes in with a bang as power cut hits South Pattaya entertainment zone

nye-5.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Pattaya Countdown Festival 2013 has now come to an end as another year begins in Fun City.

As the clock struck midnight at the Bali Hai Port, thousands welcomed in the new year with a spectacular fireworks display and some of Thailand’s top singers and bands including a special performance by one of the most popular bands in Thailand, Big Ass.

Although it was all fun at the Bali Hai Port, the same cannot be said for Walking Street which suffered a major power cut just at the wrong time as patrons in the bars and restaurants prepared to welcome in 2013.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/69402/2013-bang-power-cut-hits-south-pattaya-entertainment-zone/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I had a great night watching the spectacular Firework display over the bay from my Condo Roof with loads of other people - everything was Great until some couple decided to light one of those paper fire lanterns and took it to the edge of the building to blow away ( UP ) but it fell down - flames everywhere. The Crowd laughed and another couple lit another one and that did the same - when the third one was being lit - I had had enough - I went over and told them to stop as these fire balls were landing on peoples baloneys below - they ignored me - so I tore the paper lantern out of their hands and told them I lived here - they didn't - How STUPID are these idiots - They reluctantly walked away - Yes you`ve guessed it - Who was the party pooper ? The Condo didn't burn down and I have a hangover - Happy 2013.

Can't have fire balls landing on peoples baloneys now can we!!!laugh.png

• Like 2

I was actually walking (or trying to) in Walking Street and saw the flassh of light/s as whatever it was blew about 1.00am.

Interestingly they already had contractors with one of those trucks with an extendable hoist actually sitting in WS near soi 16 - causing even more of a log jam - which then had to reverse back thorough the crowd. I was amazed nobody got run over.

I had a great night watching the spectacular Firework display over the bay from my Condo Roof with loads of other people - everything was Great until some couple decided to light one of those paper fire lanterns and took it to the edge of the building to blow away ( UP ) but it fell down - flames everywhere. The Crowd laughed and another couple lit another one and that did the same - when the third one was being lit - I had had enough - I went over and told them to stop as these fire balls were landing on peoples baloneys below - they ignored me - so I tore the paper lantern out of their hands and told them I lived here - they didn't - How STUPID are these idiots - They reluctantly walked away - Yes you`ve guessed it - Who was the party pooper ? The Condo didn't burn down and I have a hangover - Happy 2013.

Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire.

We watched the Pattaya fireworks from the safety of our hotel balcony.

They where very good and we didn't notice any powercuts.

The power cut happened at about 1:30am. I was standing near the Walking Street entrance when it started.

Edited by tropo

One of those fire lanterns nearly landed on me as I was laying on the beach. Lucky I was awake. I smashed it away and the guys who lit it looked visibly upset. No apologies. Idiots!

If you're going to light fireballs you need to keep them under control till they lift off.

Edited by tropo

One of those fire lanterns nearly landed on me as I was laying on the beach. Lucky I was awake. I smashed it away and the guys who lit it looked visibly upset. No apologies. Idiots!

If you're going to light fireballs you need to keep them under control till they lift off.

Did you get some nice tan while laying on the beach at midnight ? laugh.png

Ooops, maybe those Russians light fire lanterns in the middle of the day, but then what's the point of a lantern in daylight.

Edited by jbrain

I, along with many others decided to stay over the dark side, quite a few bars where packed. Everyone was having a great night until just after the new year came, so did the Banglamung police who proceeded to close them all. Total idiots who need to get a life.

Excuse for coming home with no money last night. Whilst overhearing an irate guy talking a load of baloney about dodging fireballs during a relaxing moon bathing session, popping tinsel short circuited the overhanging electricity lines causing a power outage which led to my pockets being raided in the dark by a couple of opportunist ladyboys! Honest Darling! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jockey
  • Like 1

Power cuts partly caused by idiots firing the massive party poppers up in the air causing the long strands of tinsel to hit the power lines.

On the up side Blues Factory is fed by another power supply and was fine all night.

smile.png

Power cuts caused by the tinsel hitting the power lines? I don't think so. THAT is one that I would love to put a wager on!biggrin.png
  • Like 1

Power cuts caused by the tinsel hitting the power lines? I don't think so. THAT is one that I would love to put a wager on!biggrin.png

I don't think they were "power cuts". It was a blackout, or "brownout" as they call them over this part of the world.

Power cuts partly caused by idiots firing the massive party poppers up in the air causing the long strands of tinsel to hit the power lines.

On the up side Blues Factory is fed by another power supply and was fine all night.

smile.png

A friend just had his transformer blow and trip the circuits, and then found the dead squirrel next to it that crossed the lines. I think tinsel could do it, if there were enough. Have you looked at the wiring in Thailand? cheesy.gif

smile.png

Not hitting the power line but crossing two of the wires. Heavy smoke can cause it as well as it is conductive

I went over and told them to stop as these fire balls were landing on peoples baloneys below - they ignored me - so I tore the paper lantern out of their hands and told them I lived here - they didn't - How STUPID are these idiots - They reluctantly walked away - Yes you`ve guessed it - Who was the party pooper ? The Condo didn't burn down and I have a hangover - Happy 2013.

Very angerous thing to do, no doubt they were drunk and it could have started a massive fight and if Thais involved, the end of your life before the New year began. No matter how annoying these brainless idiots are you are best avoiding confrontation. The OP was lucky this time.

shouldnt be there big generators standing by in al the tourist actractions i remember somthing mentioned a few weeks ago

Haha...and where are these big generators? And do you think they would be working when needed?

Since it only affected WS it looks like a local component failure.