Divorce Hua Hin, Need Lawyer

JohanBKK

Hello,

I need a lawyer to divorce in Hua Hin, my wife is crazy, she's asking for 100K/month for divorce, this is just crazy, even when sarkozy divorced he didn't pay that much.

She's also asking for 50% of my offshore company that i worked hard on it, this company is worth nothing without me and no way i would work for her. I prefer to shut it down than give any % to anyone of my very small company.

She's in her dream and i want a lawyer to settle things down.

My wife is drunk everyday, no sex, talk bad to everyone, spend a lot of money on stupid things, don't work... i'm over tired and i want to end this madness.

We have a children also, that's why i didn't end this relationship before, but i can't wait any longer.

Thanks.

Thai law doesn't know wife support, only child support. Child support is bewteen 3,000 and 6,000 a month per child, plus sharing of medical and educational costs.

Under Thai law you split all what was gained during the marriage, what you had before the marriage is left out of it. It includes debts.

I called a lawyer from siam legal, they told me i couldn't divorce until she meet the divorce requierements :

If one party will not agree to a divorce by mutual consent then you need to file with the courts for a divorce. In order to proceed with a divorce in this instance you will need to assert grounds for divorce and make personal appearance in court. Grounds for divorce in Thailand include the following circumstances:

1. a 3-year period of separation

2. One spouse has deserted the other for over one year

3. The husband has taken another woman as his wife

4. The wife has committed adultery

5. One spouse is guilty of misconduct (criminal or otherwise)

6. One spouse has physically or mentally harmed the other

7. Lack of Maintenance and Support

8. One spouse has had incurable insanity for at least 3 years

9. One spouse has broken the bond of good behavior

10. One spouse has an incurable, communicable and dangerous disease

11. One spouse has a physical disadvantage so as to be unable to cohabit as husband and wife.

Also please check this url for wife support : http://www.siam-legal.com/legal_services/Spousal-Support-for-Divorce-in-Thailand.php

That is true, if your wife doesn't agree you can only divorce at the grounds mentioned in the law. Make sure the lawyer you consult has good knowledge of Thai family law.

Depending on the drunkeness it might fall under one of the catagories. Another option is of course to offer her a lump sum if she agrees to a divorce.

You will also need to arrange for things regarding the children.

How old are the children and do they stay with her whilst she is drunk, this could also be a valid reason to get the divorce quickly as the health of the children could/can be affected. (Number 5 misconduct) or (number 9 bond of good behaviour).

• 2 weeks later...

She agreed with me on that and she signed a paper telling me i could do it.

A lot happened in just 2 weeks....was she drunk or sober when she signed the paper and was the paper in Thai, English or French?

"My wife is drunk everyday, no sex, talk bad to everyone, spend a lot of money on stupid things, don't work..."

TROLL springs to mind....coffee1.gif

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Usenet_et_Internet%29

26 years old; married with children; present wife drunk every day; knows another girl with child of 3 years old but wants the hb/friend of his gf out of the relationship since "new"" Mother in law is excited about our friend JohanBKK...

you're a busy man JohanBKK rolleyes.gif