Abhisit Stripped Of Military Record

webfact

Abhisit stripped of military record

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Defence Ministry yesterday revoked Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva's commission, removed his rank and expunged his records as if he had never served in the military.

According to the order, the commission given to Abhisit in 1987 as instructor at the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy was unlawful because he had supplied forged documents to exempt him from Army conscription. Abhisit's rank as a sub-lieutenant granted in 1988 was deemed unlawful as well.

The ministerial order also deprives Abhisit of any benefits he might receive from his military service.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-03

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course it's fair. When the commission set up to inquire about Suvarnabhumi (which the junta had used to justify the coup) couldn't find anything on Thaksin then move on looking for anything else finally finding what a diplomat described as a misdemeanor it was all perfectly fair. What's so different now?

What is different know is that the coup junta aren't in charge. An elected government is. What is their excuse for setting up political investigations?

• Like 1

Interesting that it is the minestry of defence that has done this and not the army.

Sure I read some time back that the army had investigated Khun A many years ago and found nothing wrong.

Counldnt possibly be political could it?

• Like 1

If he ever gets to power again I bet a few officials will be looking out from desks in remotest Issan on the middle of a rice field with no airconditioning.

Or maybe in Pattani but not teaching aerobics.

Edited by harrry

If he ever gets to power again I bet a few officials will be looking out from desks in remotest Issan on the middle of a rice field with no airconditioning.

Or maybe in Pattani but not teaching aerobics.

But of course that wouldn't be political.

Does the big brother still holds his police rank?

Thee man you refer to did not forge his enlistment documents. Unlike Mr. Abhisit, he volunteered for his service.

Yep. He got a job as a police officer.

Then went on to become a convicted criminal on the run.

Also I think that Abhisit volunteered for service as well. Just at a different time. Hence his serving as a lecturer.

sent from my Q6

• Like 2

Of course it's fair. When the commission set up to inquire about Suvarnabhumi (which the junta had used to justify the coup) couldn't find anything on Thaksin then move on looking for anything else finally finding what a diplomat described as a misdemeanor it was all perfectly fair. What's so different now?

What is different know is that the coup junta aren't in charge. An elected government is. What is their excuse for setting up political investigations?

Huh? In this case, Mr. abhisit used a forged document to obtain his commission. He was caught and lost his commission.

simple as that.

If Abhisit faked his documents then he really has no argument.

Bet he's not the only one though.

• Like 1

Huh? In this case, Mr. abhisit used a forged document to obtain his commission. He was caught and lost his commission.

simple as that.

Can you show us the results of the official inquiry which found that Abhisit forged the documents?

Read the MoD report. It was a lawful review, of which Abhisit was unable to offer a plausible explanation for the forgery. Mr. Abhisit got off lightly.

Edited by geriatrickid

simple as that.

Can you show us the results of the official inquiry which found that Abhisit forged the documents?

I believe you need to go to the Defence Ministry, they should have everything you wish to see. Doubtful that anyone here has them....we are all simply reading the same news article. Nice try.

simple as that.

Read the MoD report. It was a lawful review, of which Abhisit was unable to offer a plausible explanation for the forgery. Mr. Abhisit got off lightly.

I would like to read the MoD report. Any idea where I might do that?

simple as that.

The army found that he had no case to answer. But then the politicians get involved.

Finally, some accountability regarding Thai politicians and their corruption. I couldn't think of a better person to begin with....bravo!

Frankly, Abhisit should resign as an MP for this, it's really a scandal and a disgrace. I hope the public speaks up and demands his resignation.

If every MP who had cheated in some way like Abisit supposedly did were made to resign there would be no parliament.

And of course precious few policemen.

Then it is a step in the right direction, right?
  • Like 2

Finally, some accountability regarding Thai politicians and their corruption. I couldn't think of a better person to begin with....bravo!

Frankly, Abhisit should resign as an MP for this, it's really a scandal and a disgrace. I hope the public speaks up and demands his resignation.

If every MP who had cheated in some way like Abisit supposedly did were made to resign there would be no parliament.

And of course precious few policemen.

That's a cop out...you've got to start somewhere. What, we shouldn't prosecute or penalize one until we can do it to all? Not workable.

• Like 2