Renewal Of Singapore Passport

Does anybody have any experience with regards to renewing a Singapore passport at the Singapore Embassy in Bangkok? How long does it take?

The issue is that my passport has less than 6 months validity (balance 3 months = 20 days) and I am going to Cambodia (ChongChom) this coming Sunday to extent my stay in Thailand and obviously I need to renew my passport urgently. The only other way I can see is to get my passport renew in Bangkok, Thailand. What do you think? is that a faster/workable solution?

I do not have the time available to travel back to Singapore to renew my biometric passport which cannot be processed and collected within the same day.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Cambodia demands a validity of 4 months for a Singaporean national. Coming back to Thailand is no problem, but entering cambodia might be.

A new passport or extending the paspsort (if possible) is your only option.

What kind of visa are you on now? Maybe you can extend your stay.

It can be renew through local embassy

The Embassy accepts applications for Singapore International Passports. These applications will be referred to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for processing. The Embassy also extends Singapore passports. Relevant application forms are available at the Embassy.

If I'm going to ChongChom this coming Sunday, I may have problems with Cambodia immigration because balance validity of my passport is only 3 months 17 days only. Cambodia requirement is 4 months.

My question is I'm not staying in Cambodia, just need them to stamp my passport for arrival and department only. Perhaps need to pay some monies for this ... sad.gif

What is your opinion on this?

The best option would be call your embassy. I know at times the Singapore High Commission doesn't extent passports and it can take a while if they do. The best option fly down to Singapore and visit the ICA to get it sorted out. If you are on a None Immigrant O/B/WP they do extend the passport, specially if you might hold a WP.

• 2 weeks later...

My new passport will only be ready before end of this month. Despite of this, I have no other alternative but went to Chong Chom this morning to extend my stay; everything went fine without a hitch. Immigration officers were very friendly on both sides. wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Waited for 25 days, finally received call this morning from Singapore Embassy Bangkok that my renewed passport has arrived and I may collect it anytime during office hour. wai.gif

Edited by Dodobird