Postal Package Contents Swiped..

eek

(If there is a more appropriate forum for this, apologies and please redirect)

My aunt sent a Christmas and birthday gift to my old address by mistake. I went along to the condo office and informed them. They took down my telephone number and details saying they would call.

My aunt has just informed me the package has been returned to her with contents missing.

Im guessing there is no recourse here, but feel frustrated.

I have no idea if the post office opened it and took items, rather than at the condo.

Granted, it was my aunts mistake, but im still suprised someone would do this.

Ever happened to anyone here? :(

I don't blame you for being upset- any one would feel the same way. As for recourse, hmmm, I doubt it, but I have no experience with Thai postal claims.

My Mom sent me a christmas package, air mail, but it arrived during April...

Nothing missing though :)

My registered packages are just left on my fence, FedEx for important things and all else just isn't that important ( my main concern is being perceived as rude for not thanking ppl. for presents I never knew were sent)

Never miss a package here.. everything gets delivered, just gave the post guy a JY red label for his troubles last year. He is doing a great job and seems many have problems so a reward to keep things working well could help (if you have a regular post guy)

• Like 1

My registered packages are just left on my fence, FedEx for important things and all else just isn't that important ( my main concern is being perceived as rude for not thanking ppl. for presents I never knew were sent)

Never miss a package here.. everything gets delivered, just gave the post guy a JY red label for his troubles last year. He is doing a great job and seems many have problems so a reward to keep things working well could help (if you have a regular post guy)

Honestly don't know who is under all sun protection clothing, seems to always be nice young guy and as I live out of town and off the main streets I imagine they are only trying to save me a trip to the PO, but think I get my stuff. I also have the BKK Post and magazines delivered every night by my newspaper guy and they are in my box every morning when I go retrieve them so all's good. I must admit that i have sent some larger packages regular mail to the US that have never made it.

Honestly don't know who is under all sun protection clothing, seems to always be nice young guy and as I live out of town and off the main streets I imagine they are only trying to save me a trip to the PO, but think I get my stuff. I also have the BKK Post and magazines delivered every night by my newspaper guy and they are in my box every morning when I go retrieve them so all's good. I must admit that i have sent some larger packages regular mail to the US that have never made it.

Im just amazed that i have so much "luck" i order loads of stuff on ebay and it always makes it. That is why i gave the guy a bottle of JW red label. Last year i gave something else, he does appreciate it and i am happy that i get everything. I live in a normal village but a bit out of BKK, so maybe that is the reason. Anyway if there are problems id go to the post office and sort it out, and if things are good i just reward them. Why not if a bottle of wiskey helps me get all my packages for a year im happy.

Sorry to hear this. I would be upset too.

No telling at what stage it was swiped. And even if you knew exactly where, there isn't much you can do. If anything you'd cause a massive loss of face by accusing someone and run the risk of getting your head smashed with a brick.

Have yr Aunt sent again and this time via registered or express mail mail so they issue a tracking number. I regularly have lost packages coming to Thailand from overseas without tracking numbers but never when they could be traced along the route to my house and required a signature to receive from the mailman.

Thanks all. ..and ty too for tips.

She hasnt told me what she sent, but nothing irreplaceable. Its just that she tends to take time over the year picking out different things for people, she is that kind of lady. So i know the things she sent would have picked with a lot of consideration, and she always sends things that are truly indulgent and beautiful (last Christmas she sent me a handmade 100% silk top along with some other things).

Its not the fact the items are always of quality and value, its the fact that she would have takentime to choose and tiime to wrap and write etc.

I always send her something ive taken time to choose also. Shes my Aunt, but also my surrogate mother.

Just when you are so far from family (and i do ok!), these small things are more of sentimental value. Something to open and have the pleasure using, that i know was from her Feels like a connection.

Never mind, whats done is done. Appreciate being able to express..was actually waiting for a few rude remarks! which never came! Thanks.

Have yr Aunt sent again and this time via registered or express mail mail so they issue a tracking number. I regularly have lost packages coming to Thailand from overseas without tracking numbers but never when they could be traced along the route to my house and required a signature to receive from the mailman.

I assume you think the missing content will be reinserted in the package as it returns..:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all...I'm returning with news that makes me feel a little embarrassed. My Aunt recently received a second parcel with all th's rest of my gifts returned. I have no idea why two separate packages turned up and different Times. I can only assume then was possibly an issue at custom s. I feel restored faith that nothing was taken, and, as I said, a little embarrassed now. Just was usher to pass on that all items were returned. Thought members may like to know. Thanks all for the support.

Can we start with the nasty comments now, pleeease Eek??

Joking--who would want to be nasty to an Eek?

Haha...go ahead! I can handle it. May as well have some fun before the thread is closed.

As an aside I'm writing this with numb fingers as I'm in freezing snow laden UK for 10 days...Oh so missing heat and Thai food. Hoping the snow won't affect my flight in a couple of days time!

...Definitely hoping for a happy ending ^^^

Dear all...I'm returning with news that makes me feel a little embarrassed. My Aunt recently received a second parcel with all th's rest of my gifts returned. I have no idea why two separate packages turned up and different Times. I can only assume then was possibly an issue at custom s. I feel restored faith that nothing was taken, and, as I said, a little embarrassed now. Just was usher to pass on that all items were returned. Thought members may like to know. Thanks all for the support.

Thanks for letting us know. You could have taken the easy way out and not posted the followup, but you did the right thing and posted. My hat's off to you.

• Like 1

Thank you for your further update, eek. You were justified in being concerned. No harm done and all ends wrapped up.