Canon Printer

chiangrai

Hi,

I need to buy a printer but know nothing about them.

I want to use it to print work sheets for teaching

(all black ink with no pictures)

In the 7\11 catalog there is a CANNON IP2770 printer for 1,560 Bht.

Is this good enough for the job does anybody know.

Sorry to have to use the forum for such a simple question but the nearest farang

is 80ks away.

Thanks for your time.

I've been using Canon printers ever since I upgraded from Dot Matrix (who remembers those?)

My present one is an iP 2770, same as you're looking at and it works just fine.

The thing with ink-jet printers is if you don't use them very often the jets clog up, I make sure I use mine at least one a week.

The other thing is ink cartridge replacement, they can cost almost as much as a new printer. I have external tanks fitted and they last like forever, or you can buy copy ink refill packs which are much cheaper .

smile.png

the Canon IP2770 is a basic COLOUR inkjet PHOTO PRINTER. by far it is too good for just printing black and white text-base documents with no picture. and soon you will run into very expensive ink even you have a modified ink tank.

not sure if you can still find a B&W inkjet in the market. if you print regularly in consistent high volume, in long run a basic laser will be more economical ( high one-time purchase cost, not-so-high repeating supply cost ).

If you print a lot in black and white you are by far better of with a laser printer. Check out J.I.B.CO.TH or the sponsor of this forum. They all ship to Nakhon Nowhere overnight with EMS.

You wanna look at samsung printers. You can chip them and by the toner by the pound. The price difference between cheap 2k lasers you get back with your first refill!

SO,I HAVE BEEN LOOKING ON THE WEB AND I FOUND "PRINTER THAILAND.COM"

THAY HAVE A SAMSONG LASER PRINTER,ML1670,BLACK AND WHITE,

MANUAL,CONNECTS TO HIGH SPEED USB2.0,

1670BHT PLUS TAX AND POSTAGE,

HOW DOES THAT SOUND,WILL THAT DO THE JOB THROUGH MY LAPTOP,

HAS ANYBODY HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY.

THANKS A LOT

on the ThaiVisa sponsor website, there is a BROTHER B&W laser printer at THB1,990 on sales. also, basic Samsung and Canon at THB2,990 to THB3,390.

supposed BROTHER, SAMSUNG and CANON would have a much better printer driver than samSONG. this ensures what you see on screen is what you print on paper. quite annoying if it doesn't.

perhaps this international brands have better product build too ( assumed ).

anyway, check the cost of the replacement toner, capacity and availability too.

O.k,

I rang about the samsung printer and they were sold out.

But the guy said that if we buy a laser printer we had better buy it near

so they can teach us how to change the toner.

I don't know if that's true.if it's not i will go with the BROTHER on the thaivisa website.

I also don't know how to find the thaivisa sponcer website.

nearly there,

Thanks for your help

O.k,

I rang about the samsung printer and they were sold out.

But the guy said that if we buy a laser printer we had better buy it near

so they can teach us how to change the toner.

I don't know if that's true.if it's not i will go with the BROTHER on the thaivisa website.

I also don't know how to find the thaivisa sponcer website.

nearly there,

Thanks for your help

when you come into the main forum page of the 'Internet, computers, communication, technology', on the right side bar you see an ad for invadeIT, then click and follow. otherwise, www.invadeit.co.th, a reliable online shop and they send EMS to every corner of Thailand. plenty of laser printer choices there, with big numbers too !

toner replacement is just a few physical clicks, follow the instruction manual and sure you can do it. yet bigger issue is the availability of the toner, if you don't want to EMS to you every time.