In The Intrest Of Safety

Wanphen

Hi,

I would like to suggest they remove all balconies from the units and hotels in Pattaya.

I'm amazed, but also amused at the amount of accidental falls and suicides ( cough) by franges and thai's from balconies in Pattaya nearly every week.

Maybe we could Thailand entered into the Guiness World Record for the most number of accidents and suicides from balconies.

The Goverment could start a campain " Jump for Thailand"

What do you think....?????

Wanphen :D:o:D

I personally am saddened by the number of suicides in Thailand and in Pattaya especially.

But i do not think that removing the balconies is a real answer.

If people are that desperate to kill themselves then they will do it anyway, with or without a balcony.

What really needs to be addressed is the reasons why they do it and to sort out those problems instead.

How to do this I don't know because the causes are far too complex and the farang population there in general are only there for a relatively short space of time.

As for "The Goverment could start a campain " Jump for Thailand"".

Maybe Taksin could declare Thailand the Hub of Suicide Prevention and he could try and do some good in this area thereby helping out a great many Farangs whom would otherwise come to an untimely end.

BrissyBoy

Hi,

I would like to suggest they remove all balconies from the units and hotels in Pattaya.

I'm amazed, but also amused at the amount of accidental falls and suicides ( cough) by franges and thai's from balconies in Pattaya nearly every week.

Maybe we could Thailand entered into the Guiness World Record for the most number of accidents and suicides from balconies.

we've already got this sport in Thailand. Taksin's cronies are the current champions. :D

regards

Edited by teletiger

If people are that desperate to kill themselves then they will do it anyway, with or without a balcony.

What really needs to be addressed is the reasons why they do it and to sort out those problems instead.

It seems the main reason they do it is the little chap throwing the poor sods off. :o

Hi,

Remove balconies........there is nothing nicer than sitting on the balcony and enjoying the Pattaya air.

I would though advocate that there should be a legal minimum height of 4 feet (122cms) for the balcony rail, as a lot of rails are waist height and many an inebriated person has fallen over.

As far as suicide is concerned....if not off the balcony then if people are desperate enough to end their life, sad though it is, then they will do it by other means...i.e. at the shooting range, from a lamp post, jump from a window etc etc..

Erect safety nets under balconies

Brick up windows

Restrict building height to one floor only

Replace live bullets with corks at shooting ranges.

Replace sharp knives with airline plastic cutlery...they won't cut through soup. :o

Replace rope/wire etc. with strands of spaghetti

Remove all electrical outlets, install candles and lanterns

Scare all sharks out to sea ( it might be better to physically stop people entering the water)

Ban motor vehicles, especially those on Second Road

Close down all pharmacies, ban all pills

Outlaw tobacco and Mehkong whiskey (Mehkong will kill a brown dog)

Tape up the mouths of all wives (some can nag you to death)

Find a cure for AIDS

Drastically reduce the prices of all merchandise in the Royal Garden arcade. (some prices could cause a heart attack)

Have I forgotten anything???? :D

Erect safety nets under balconies

Brick up windows

Restrict building height to one floor only

Replace live bullets with corks at shooting ranges.

Replace sharp knives with airline plastic cutlery...they won't cut through soup. :o

Replace rope/wire etc. with strands of spaghetti

Remove all electrical outlets, install candles and lanterns

Scare all sharks out to sea ( it might be better to physically stop people entering the water)

Ban motor vehicles, especially those on Second Road

Close down all pharmacies, ban all pills

Outlaw tobacco and Mehkong whiskey (Mehkong will kill a brown dog)

Tape up the mouths of all wives (some can nag you to death)

Find a cure for AIDS

Drastically reduce the prices of all merchandise in the Royal Garden arcade. (some prices could cause a heart attack)

Have I forgotten anything???? :D

You forget one thing...Hide all Rat/Mice poison :D

You forget one thing...Hide all Rat/Mice poison :D

Some people can be sooooooooooo unkind. :o

You're just jealous cos we mice always stay a few steps ahead of the wily fox.

:D

Not many (4 legged) foxes in Thailand, but plenty of snakes !! :D

post-16137-1140653771_thumb.jpg