Pharmacy

Would that be the same chain as as the Morya pharmacies?

Yes I think so, my spelling is wrong.

Morya Pharmacy,

yes is the same, they opened 2 new branches at Christmas 2012 inside both Tesco (Chaweng and Lamai) .

They will give out now membercards (My Card) for their customers (10% Discount).

I get my Card last year at the Morya-Shop in Big-C Chaweng.

more information here....

Company Name: Morya Pharmacy

A chain drugstore of many branches around the island of Samui, one of Southeast Asia's tourist destinations located south of Thailand. Now considered as the most popular drugstore on this small island, Morya Pharmacy offers all kinds of medicines and hospital equipment.

http://www.moryasamui.com

Chayaphum

Hello,

Please can you clarify?

I used to go often to that pharmacy that was near toilets insides Tesco Chaweng, they were very nice and very good price. Where can I go now?

Thanks

Hello,

Please can you clarify?

I used to go often to that pharmacy that was near toilets insides Tesco Chaweng, they were very nice and very good price. Where can I go now?

Thanks

you can go to every shop in Samui biggrin.png

that was the company "Health Up", Chaweng and Lamai.

I don't know what's happend with them, why they closed this two stores or wherever they move.

Found with Google-Search:

Health Up

Company address

Tesco Lotus, 132, Chiang Mai - Hod (Hang Dong) Road, Pa Daet, Mueang Chiang Mai, 50230

HUG office (Health Up Group)

22/56-57 (soi kingkeaw 62/2. kingkeaw rd.), Racha Thewa, Samut Prakan 10540, Thailand

Phone +66 2 738 3693

Chayaphum

For some drugs I have to take, one in particular, I always use the Morya Pharmacy "Wholesale" located in Maenam, just past the lights heading toward Nathon. That is their Head office, and their prices are less than the other Morya shops.

I also have a 10% off card.

Gai Pharmacy also in Maenam (Soi 4) is hard to beat on some drugs and medications too... but she does not carry all drugs... Great lady though, has a big following of farangs and locals.... Farang price same as locals pay!!! thumbsup.gif (She's in BKK for a few days at the moment... )

For some drugs I have to take, one in particular, I always use the Morya Pharmacy "Wholesale" located in Maenam, just past the lights heading toward Nathon. That is their Head office, and their prices are less than the other Morya shops.

Gai Pharmacy also in Maenam (Soi 4) is hard to beat on some drugs and medications too... but she does not carry all drugs... Great lady though, has a big following of farangs and locals.... Farang price same as locals pay!!! thumbsup.gif (She's in BKK for a few days at the moment... )

Morya head office charged me more then their branches,perhaps your medicine is not available in most branches.

They are the dearest Pharmacy in existence IMHO, how on earth can you charge 700 baht more on some medines? They are no better then the 100 so called optical shops, again a total rip off.

Haven't tried Gais, but if you drive towards the end of Maenam, Joy's ( head office ) pharmacy, very reasonable.

I get all my meds from a pharmacy in BKK that will ship to you at a fraction of Morya's, I take some heavy duty stuff & 1,000 or 1,700 a great difference , my sprays on average 400 baht cheaper etc............

Morya head office charged me more then their branches,perhaps your medicine is not available in most branches.

They are the dearest Pharmacy in existence IMHO, how on earth can you charge 700 baht more on some medines? They are no better then the 100 so called optical shops, again a total rip off.

Haven't tried Gais, but if you drive towards the end of Maenam, Joy's ( head office ) pharmacy, very reasonable.

I get all my meds from a pharmacy in BKK that will ship to you at a fraction of Morya's, I take some heavy duty stuff & 1,000 or 1,700 a great difference , my sprays on average 400 baht cheaper etc............

Can you please post a link, or PM the details of this online supplier?

Can you please post a link, or PM the details of this online supplier?

It is not an online supplier , it's a pharmacy that can post to you.I will try & find the number & PM to you. Perhaps get someone who speaks Thai to make the first contact. I just SMS my requirements, bank the money & 2 days later have my Meds.

Interesting to see you say that, when I was searching around a couple of years ago I did a lot of checking around.... Perhaps time to check again?

Moyra wholesale, was about 500- 600 baht cheaper than their branches ( for Crestor) I used to pay about 1700 + baht for 28 pills at other Moyra places, ... then after using the Maenam Moyra price consistently 1190 ... although last month they had at half price as it was getting close to expiry date, so got 2 months for price of one month... thumbsup.gif

Boots is the only other place (locally) that I have found Crestor... but will only sell 14 pills at a time, I find that a bit dumb!!! rolleyes.gif .... and not in the box.... for more money sad.png !

Next time you order from BKK it would be interesting to see what 10 mg Crestor is per pack of 28 !!! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Ok, so replacement for Health up is Morya Pharmacy "Wholesale" located in Maenam or Gai Pharmacy also in Maenam (Soi 4)....

A pity when in chaweng we have to go "so far" to have reasonable prices.

Roooo's BKK pharmacy by SMS can be good when no hurry...! Will PM you if I need ! Thanks

Ok, so replacement for Health up is Morya Pharmacy "Wholesale" located in Maenam or Gai Pharmacy also in Maenam (Soi 4)....

A pity when in chaweng we have to go "so far" to have reasonable prices.

Roooo's BKK pharmacy by SMS can be good when no hurry...! Will PM you if I need ! Thanks

Well really it's a case of shopping around.... the drugs stores here use different suppliers, so what one store may sell another may not... it depends on your meds....

Gai's for instance (on Soi 4 Maenam, toward the sea) is only going to have, some things you might need... perhaps I should say meds the locals might use more commonly.

Whereas the other pharmacies may have a better choice of "international brands" but they seem to be restricted to the supplier they use or represent....

So there maybe places like Joy's or other pharmacies in parts of the island that may have.... but you need to do as I did and ask by searching around.... (or as Rooo has done and find a supplier in BKK, for what he needs !!! )

VP or V and P pharmacy, I think across from Makro or Big C has meds a friend uses....that cannot be found elsewhere locally!

Only you know what you need! .... or your doctor!!! wink.png

GAI Pharmacy is the best, the lady know, what she's doing.

I think that you will find a "Gai pharmacy" in most villages. I use the pharmacy on the corner by Big Buddha in Plai Laem. The pharmacist there is a real nice girl called Joy wub.png .

Fixes most of my problems and stocks up on my meds before I need them.thumbsup.gif

Yes agree...about there are "Gai type pharmacies" probably in each "village" ... but there are some drugs some pharmacies cannot sell...

There are different suppliers and from what I understand. They can sell products from particular suppliers, also there are different "license levels" for type of drugs they can sell. wink.png

Building a loyalty goes a long way .... agree with that too... not just Pharmacies !!! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

As you probably know, the old "Health Up" with so good service and fair prices in Tesco Chaweng reopened as "Morya pharmacy"...

I had a quick look, prices increased by approx 30%... A pity. I loved the old one, same price for Thais and Farangs...!